The Golf Thread

I am in good company:good!:
my father-in-law, who has been one heckuva golfer for about 50 years also putts in his glove to make sure that he's using his right hand for feel. By the way, he putted lights out for the majority of those years. In fact, he remained a scratch golfer even when he could no longer hit it beyond about 210.

my father-in-law, who has been one heckuva golfer for about 50 years also putts in his glove to make sure that he's using his right hand for feel. By the way, he putted lights out for the majority of those years. In fact, he remained a scratch golfer even when he could no longer hit it beyond about 210.

Can you say "short game"?

very frustrating person to play against. Now hits crap like 5 woods on 180 yd par 3s and driver, driver on longer par 4s, but get around in 74 or 75 consistently.
I say you make a trip down and you, Hohen, Lawgator, and I go play an Orlando coarse:thumbsup:

I hear that is your nickname in the bedroom.:whistling:
......they call me bazooka! Off the tee and in the bedroom!

very frustrating person to play against. Now hits crap like 5 woods on 180 yd par 3s and driver, driver on longer par 4s, but get around in 74 or 75 consistently.

My grandfather does the same thing.

i'm with GA. I typically play the NXT Tour balls. Although I've been experimenting with the Bridgestone E6s and really like them. They were 24.99.

i was given a dozen Srixon Z-URCs last year with my internship and loved those balls. Unfortunately so did Olde Stone. Probably lost 5 of them in the rough there. I've only found them in one pro shop in the area and at the time I didn't need them. Would probably buy a dozen if I could find them.

i was given a dozen Srixon Z-URCs last year with my internship and loved those balls. Unfortunately so did Olde Stone. Probably lost 5 of them in the rough there. I've only found them in one pro shop in the area and at the time I didn't need them. Would probably buy a dozen if I could find them.
online?

i can't bring myself to buying golf balls online. It's not a big enough issue that I would go online instead of just heading to any local golf shop and getting some NXT Tours. Although these e6s are very nice and were 4 bucks cheaper. Thanks for the thought though.

i can't bring myself to buying golf balls online. It's not a big enough issue that I would go online instead of just heading to any local golf shop and getting some NXT Tours. Although these e6s are very nice and were 4 bucks cheaper. Thanks for the thought though.
no worries, I remember having to search for the odd stuff back when I was in tennessee. Now I have an edwin watts superstore and a golfsmith both within 3 miles of the house.

Did you do an internship at a golf course or something? If you don't mind me asking.

Did you do an internship at a golf course or something? If you don't mind me asking.

a junior golf organization. Traveled the country putting on junior tourneys and doing the press releases and what not. Quite exciting and got lots of free stuff.

yea that sounds awesome. wouldn't mind doing something like that.

Probably sounds corny, but it was the best experience of my life. Made five great friends (the other interns on my team), and experiences I'm not sure I could ever duplicate. Watched a kid shoot a 61, even had part of my interview with him make Golfweek, saw the Mississippi Braves manager go berserk in Chattanooga, sat in the dugout and stood in the batter's box of Miller Park, saw Kauffman Stadium, Texas Tech's bball arena, and tons of other stuff. Plus I can't think of much better than spending every single day on the golf course. Except the fact I only got to play about 27 holes all summer.

Probably sounds corny, but it was the best experience of my life. Made five great friends (the other interns on my team), and experiences I'm not sure I could ever duplicate. Watched a kid shoot a 61, even had part of my interview with him make Golfweek, saw the Mississippi Braves manager go berserk in Chattanooga, sat in the dugout and stood in the batter's box of Miller Park, saw Kauffman Stadium, Texas Tech's bball arena, and tons of other stuff. Plus I can't think of much better than spending every single day on the golf course. Except the fact I only got to play about 27 holes all summer.

All that sounds great

oh yeah, the almost 2k in Polo Golf apparel didn't hurt either

And that sounds even better. I may look into this soon.

if you want some more info, just PM me and i'll give ya details. I will warn you, I averaged about 5 1/2 hours of sleep a night and worked over 80 hrs/week. Didn't really seem like 80+ though. the 5 1/2 felt like 5 1/2 though.

if you want some more info, just PM me and i'll give ya details. I will warn you, I averaged about 5 1/2 hours of sleep a night and worked over 80 hrs/week. Didn't really seem like 80+ though. the 5 1/2 felt like 5 1/2 though.

sent. 5 1/2 hours of sleep is much more than I usually get. You gotta love college :)

i don't generally even think about buying new balls until i'm on my way to the course, and not wanting to get gouged at the pro shop, i'll stop buy a store.

i buy most equipment and the local shop but get balls from someplace like Dick's. *snicker*

slightly off topic, i don't buy anything online because i am an instant gratification kind or person.

VN Store

Back