The Golf Thread

I went to Top Golf last night for the 1st time.......

A lot of fun!!!!

but.........To anyone that shows up dressed like a "Professional Golfer" and brings their own clubs and bag.......Good Lord Please Stop! You look like an idiot and don't impress anyone!

Was able to score practice round tix for the Masters this year. Going Monday. Any advice from those that have been?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Was able to score practice round tix for the Masters this year. Going Monday. Any advice from those that have been?

get there early, and walk the course....then decide where you want to sit and eat some awesome and cheap sandwiches

seriously go to the Masters merchandise tent, and after you check out, you can walk into the building next door and ship it home so you don't have to lug it around

Go early, directly to Amen Corner, soak in the history, listen to the ghosts in the azaleas, think about all the moments you witnessed at 12, and then avoid it for the rest of the day.

Go early, directly to Amen Corner, soak in the history, listen to the ghosts in the azaleas, think about all the moments you witnessed at 12, and then avoid it for the rest of the day.
I always had trouble seeing the ball land on 12 green from the tee area. I could follow it in flight and lose it when it fell out of the sky with the tree backdrop. It seemed like there was sun glare or something there.

Tried to play a round today and it was miserable. Got behind a 4 some. It was two couples we were a 2some and then 2 singles behind us and they had everyone backed up waiting. Then if they made a 3 foot putt they would scream.

I always loved playing it in matches, but it isn't much fun to watch when it's a mismatch.
Played in 2 32-person match play tournaments. First one.. guy I play in round 1 goes on to win it all. Played in another one today. Round 1.. guy made it to the championship match of the same tourney last year. Played like crap so that didn't help either.

My advice. Get there early, find a group, and follow them on the front 9. Eat a little and go to Range/putting green. Find another group and follow them for the back 9. This way you see the entire course. Don't just sit at a hole and watch. Bring your big-boy shoes....it's much more hilly than tv shows!

Have a blast...and a pimento cheese sandwich. Maybe we run into each other!! I'll be there as well.:good!:

My advice. Get there early, find a group, and follow them on the front 9. Eat a little and go to Range/putting green. Find another group and follow them for the back 9. This way you see the entire course. Don't just sit at a hole and watch. Bring your big-boy shoes....it's much more hilly than tv shows!

Have a blast...and a pimento cheese sandwich. Maybe we run into each other!! I'll be there as well.:good!:

I don't even like pimento cheese, but I will eat those Masters pimento cheese sandwiches. And they are really cheap too. And save all of your drink cups.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the advice.

Had a blast today. We ended up walking the front nine at our own pace and followed Spieth on the back nine. Saw Tiger at 6 and 7. He isn’t hard to miss. Pretty sure half the people there were following him around! Spent way too much money in the gift shop but the food was good and cheap!

Saw several UT fans today by the way!

Reactions: 2 people
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the advice.

Had a blast today. We ended up walking the front nine at our own pace and followed Spieth on the back nine. Saw Tiger at 6 and 7. He isn’t hard to miss. Pretty sure half the people there were following him around! Spent way too much money in the gift shop but the food was good and cheap!

Saw several UT fans today by the way!

you can never say "spent too much at the gift shop". You may never the opportunity to go again. Consider it a once in a lifetime purchase and be happy. I spent $600 about 10 years ago and about $1000 last year. Worth every penny.

VN Store

Back