The Golf Thread

Thanks guys. I don't know if a say at Grove Park will meet some of the guys' budget, but I'll put that out there. Haven't played the course there, but it looked decent. I've eaten at Red Stag, and it's great.

Sequoyah National, Mt Mitchell, and Maggie Valley Golf Club look promising, as well.

Sequoyah all day. Fantastic.

Mt. Mitchell actually felt like it had enough elevation that it slightly messed with my yardages. It was maybe only few yards, but the ball really seemed to be flying.

Does the mountain air make it go straighter, too? That would be a bigger help!

not sure how many of y'all are near Memphis, but if y'all are and want to learn your perfect swing.. they have a robo golf pro at vantage point.. it's a machine that swings the club for you while you're holding it. very slow at first, and speeds up. I spent 5 minutes on the thing and was making better contact , and getting a lot more arch on my iron shots.. check it out on fb robogolfpro memphis..

not sure how many of y'all are near Memphis, but if y'all are and want to learn your perfect swing.. they have a robo golf pro at vantage point.. it's a machine that swings the club for you while you're holding it. very slow at first, and speeds up. I spent 5 minutes on the thing and was making better contact , and getting a lot more arch on my iron shots.. check it out on fb robogolfpro memphis..

Interesting, doubt I’ll be near Memphis anytime in the future unfortunately. Maybe one will pop up closer.

Got out for the 2nd this year finally. Went to Clear Creek, played a terrible front 9 but had a really good back. It helped that it dried out a little more by the back nine. Was a mess in places.

Played 3 of the last 4 days around the area. Had a cold front come through.. temps in the mid 50s with 20 mph sustained winds. Not fun and my scores showed it.

Has anybody played at the Johnson City Country Club? And how does it compare to the Blackthorn Club or other courses in the area?

It’s a fun course, but I don’t really know what to compare it to. Sets up similar to Pine Oaks, but far better conditions. I haven’t played Blackthorn since it was the Ridges. It’s nowhere near as tight as the Ridges used to be

I had a real chance to break 80 for the first time today and choked. Needed a par on 18 to shoot 79. Hit a good tee shot up the left side of the fairway. Pitch shot landed pin high but just off the right side of the green. Straight forward chip, just needed to run It up near the hole and adrenaline got to me. Hit it clear across the green ended up double bogey for an 81.

I had a real chance to break 80 for the first time today and choked. Needed a par on 18 to shoot 79. Hit a good tee shot up the left side of the fairway. Pitch shot landed pin high but just off the right side of the green. Straight forward chip, just needed to run It up near the hole and adrenaline got to me. Hit it clear across the green ended up double bogey for an 81.
If it makes you feel any better a majority of golfers will never break 80 on a legit par 72 course. Keep grinding.. 81 ain't a bad day. Hell Smylie Kaufman shot 83 on a par 70 the other day and he gets paid a lot to play!

If it makes you feel any better a majority of golfers will never break 80 on a legit par 72 course. Keep grinding.. 81 ain't a bad day. Hell Smylie Kaufman shot 83 on a par 70 the other day and he gets paid a lot to play!

Oh, I’m definitely not upset with it. One of my goals for 2018 is too break 80, I’m usually in the mid 80s but I just felt really consistent today especially with my putter. Felt like every putt was going to go in today.

Hope to get down to Knox soon would love to get a round in with any of y'all. April I should be there the weekend of the 14th for my bday also the following weekend for spring game.

Oh, I’m definitely not upset with it. One of my goals for 2018 is too break 80, I’m usually in the mid 80s but I just felt really consistent today especially with my putter. Felt like every putt was going to go in today.

Putting is about 80% confidence. You just said it, "Felt like"......Best putter I have ever met are the cockiest, most arrogant people (on the course)

Stay confident!:)

VN Store

Back