The Golf Thread

Yea 250 carry won't cut it unless its a 4 iron.

Btw how did you shatter it? Was it a wooden stob or some sort of plaque in the ground.

It was a plastic pipe sticking up about 3 feet. Almost PVC like. It couldn't have been that sturdy because I found the ball 15-20 yards down the fairway on the same line.

Please tell me someone is watching this golf. In the background on swartzels missed putt on 17, a man appears to be feeling up his gal in the background. And when I say feeling up, I mean down low.

Please tell me someone is watching this golf. In the background on swartzels missed putt on 17, a man appears to be feeling up his gal in the background. And when I say feeling up, I mean down low.

Missed it. I have a hard time watching if I'm not a fan of the course. Who won?

Went by the local Edwin Watts store a couple of days ago. Was just looking for a sand wedge as I lost mine a few years back and have been too lazy to replace. I ended up getting, pre-owned:

Mizuno MP-T10 56 degree
Taylor Made ZTP 52 degree
Nike SQ Dymo Quad Keel 3 wood
Titleist 905 R 10.5 degree

Got them all for $150. First new (to me) clubs I've gotten in a few years.

I hit a couple of balls in my back yard with the 905R and wow, it was amazing. I already hit my driver decently, but this felt, looked, and sounded perfect. Cant wait to play with the new clubs.

I saw that too. It was actually 231 on the fly and 330 on the roll. That's a driver, 5 iron, PW for you.

It was 241. No a 7 it in is my longest iron. I carry 7 wedges & 2 drivers so I don't have to swing "smooth" on par 4s under 400. I also carry 2 putters & a chipper.

I enjoyed my round today as much as any I've ever played. It was rather cool and windy at 11:00 when we teed off, but turned out to be a perfect afternoon to play. Got to play with a couple of lifelong friends that I only get to see every couple of years now, carded a 10-over 82, but had a blast. Good friends, good beer, good course, that's stuff that's just hard to beat no matter what you shoot.

Reactions: 1 person
well Rory's struggling with the new Nike gear, and walked off the course yesterday

It can't be just the gear can it? I think it in his head as much as the gear. Sure there is some getting use to with it, but what he is using isn't the stock stuff we would buy.

No, it's not all gear, but dealing with all the change and expectations is probably weighing on him..

he changed agents, sponsors and equipment
then flies all over the world following his GF's tennis

No, it's not all gear, but dealing with all the change and expectations is probably weighing on him..

he changed agents, sponsors and equipment
then flies all over the world following his GF's tennis

I agree. Golf seems to be the last thing on his mind. Can't say I blame him. He is living the dream.

VN Store

Back