The Golf Club (PS4, X1)

So far so good, though its not up your alley if you're a graphics or presentation whore, the graphics are good, not great.

Not a full review, but its what I expected going in, looking forward to getting rounds in and maybe messing with the creator

Just like real life for me

I am the same, but I just tell myself it gives me more quality time to drink beer.

My boy had a football game last night and didn't get in til later. I'll download tonight. Is there any kind of online play?

I haven't played any live rounds, but you can choose 'ghosts' to play against, which are rounds completed by others, its a neat concept. Its like playing shot for shot with a human, as their round is replicated, well, shot for shot.

Courses are very cool, the ones designed to be easy are easy, which is nice, I played a round of a course someone on a board designed and shot a 68 on the back, and enjoyed it. The game places a premium on shotmaking and strategy, neither of which I'm good with yet. I'm still mentally stuck in the Tiger Woods routine of trying to bully the course

i would love to see a 3 click method, but i am guessing that is not even an option.

Just curious,

Does this game on either X1 or PS4 support motion control with the camera? How do you interact with game? What is the control scheme?

Just curious,

Does this game on either X1 or PS4 support motion control with the camera? How do you interact with game? What is the control scheme?

Either left or right stick analog swing, depending on your preference. The developers would like to incorporate motion controls eventually, but they're concerning themselves with cleaning up the gameplay at this point, supposedly a patch is in for certification. I like that the entire team is active on their board, and receptive to input, both positive and negative.

It's a very good golf game, there's been a few minor graphical hitches, but nowhere to the extent you'd gather from the X1 reviews.

Reactions: 1 person
Course Designer is pretty in depth, to where I'll have to read more into the ins and outs of terrain sculpting. Spent 45 minutes on one hole, still wasn't able to get it how I wanted it.

i like this game so far. i haven't got to play much yet, but i played one nine hole round and was +1 i believe. the ghost ball deal is pretty cool. hoping to log some more time in this weekend and next week.

I'm really a fan of the ghost ball, played against rp on one, ended up sticking a mid iron and holing the putt to win by 1. A true simultaneous multi player would be great, but the ghost ball concept makes the game enjoyable even if you don't have anyone on to play against.

Some of the courses are extremely well done, most are enjoyable, and a small % are complete crap, all in all the replayability is unlimited.

I'm really a fan of the ghost ball, played against rp on one, ended up sticking a mid iron and holing the putt to win by 1. A true simultaneous multi player would be great, but the ghost ball concept makes the game enjoyable even if you don't have anyone on to play against.

Some of the courses are extremely well done, most are enjoyable, and a small % are complete crap, all in all the replayability is unlimited.

Does the game allow users to grade the created courses? That was one thing I appreciated with games like Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers. All of the created content was organized by rating/most popular. That way you could easily filter out all the crappy content.

Yes, after a round you can grade on a slider from 1-10. I'm unsure how many rounds need to be played for grades to compile, itmight be 5 or so. Also, a round must be finished to grade a course, which is a good thing, but also means playing through garbage to give a deserving grade for a course that no effort was put into

Does the game allow users to grade the created courses? That was one thing I appreciated with games like Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers. All of the created content was organized by rating/most popular. That way you could easily filter out all the crappy content.

I really enjoyed Mod Nation Racers.

VN Store

Back