The Game Plan - 8 in the Box?

Bring the house on every play (complete havoc), man to man coverage, fill every hole and challenge their QB to beat them with his arm. Snuffs any running plays and shortens the QB decision time hopefully causing turnovers. If they beat you over the top so be it.

Don't think bringing the house would benefit us much. We haven't been able to put much pressure on any QB's so far, although this is our first game against a non spread and non mobile QB. Curious to see how we play against a traditional, pound you type offense. It does concern me that they could wear our Dline out if our offense can't stay on the field. And GA has killed us with their TE's for yrs. If Gurley gets 5-6 yds and their other RB's as well then we will be in trouble with our lack of DLine depth. Hopefully our offense can sustain drives and score. If we are going three and out a lot and our D is on the field all day their RB's will have a field day.

Gurley will leave mid-way through the 2nd quarter, book it.

I hope not. I don't wish injuries on any player, especially kids. Plus it gives teams excuses if they lose, prefer beating teams with their best players on the field.

Start the game with 8 in the box and dare them to throw it. We know they can run the ball at an elite level, but they haven't been able to throw on anyone.

Do you mean for the same reason as he left in the Troy game? Book it? You Nostradamus or sumin', bruh?

He is talking about the almost unbelievable pattern of Key players getting injured when they play us. From Lattimore, to Driskel, to Keith Marshall to even that top rated LB that USU had. There are MANY more I didn't mention and can't even remember off the top of my head. It has been uncanny.

Found this last night and watched most of it and thought I would share. UGA brings a lot of pressure from the edge, so our TE's and RB's need to be ready for that. There seems to be a lot of space in the middle to take advantage of, USCe did and it worked for them. I hope Malone, Pig and North can also take advantage. We also need to get Hurd in space, I think he would have a chance to have a big game if we can get him the ball in space. On D, we just need to stop Gurley. However, I did notice that he's not an every down back, I think he ran it only 9 times in the first half so they might have been saving him for the 2nd half. It also seems USCe made him a bit frustrated and he even caused a USCe player to get a flag when he was the one who headbutted someone. Arm tackles will not work, need to hit him head on. Also, Michel is fast so watch out for him also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOp4g1ngR2Q

Limit the big runs and force their offense the throw on the 3 and shorts.

Our offense needs to sustain drives and control field position although that will be hard with the way Darr has been this season. Aren't the Colquit kid old enough yet?

It's like BEECHERVOL said "win 1st down". If we can somehow consistently keep them at 3rd and 5/6 we have a real chance. Keeping Worley upright is a different challenge though.

Btw I'm expecting a huge game from Jason Croom. I believe in this kid and want him to be pissed off and ready to go against his home state team.

Reactions: 1 person
Malcolm Mitchell, Justin Scott-Wesley, Jonathon Rumph and Keith Marshall are all out Saturday. I hate to get ahead of myself but this is a really good chance for us to get ahead early. Our receivers are miles ahead of their DBs, and our DBs are better than the remaining receivers they'll put on the field. If we can stack the box against Gurley and make their QB attempt to beat us with his arm I say this game is in our favor. I'm pumped.

VN Store

Back