The future of Smoky Grey uniforms

I am old school, but I don't mind the gray uniforms. The power T on the pants with no stripes and the orange shoes bothered me more. Most good uniforms have 3 colors. I liked it when they outlined the numerals on white jerseys with navy blue.

They were trimmed in black and that’s not old school. I hated the black trim and black last names. That started in the mid 90’s. Depending how old you are if that’s old school

Reactions: 1 person
I always thought it was interesting that the team look absolutely gassed on the field but yet could run TopSpeed between quarters

Exactly... It's completely counterintuitive. "Hey, I know. Let's show the other team we have more energy by sprinting 75 yards and getting gassed between quarters!"

I'm not a big fan of the smoky greys either. I would be fine with using the uniforms we wore for our season opener against UNLV back in 2004. I like those. But in all honesty, if you look teams that are winning, with the exception of Oregon a few years ago, they aren't the ones changing their uniforms up every week. Have you every seen Alabama wear an alternate uniform? Ohio State? Michigan? In my opinion there is value in sticking with tradition.

Ohio State wore alternates for the Michigan game both this year and last. Michigan wore an alternate for the UF game this year.

The Smokey Greys are an official university color. Get used to them.

Reactions: 4 people
Players, Recruits, and Nike love them.

Enough of the fan base likes them too. Helps us sale a bit more shirts, hoodies, shoes, and jerseys every year.

If they live on under Pruitt I think they’ve officially become a tradition. So traditionalist 20 years from now will like them too.

Ever tradition started as something new.

Ditch the smoky gray unis, they are ugly as sin. I wouldn't mind incorporating the gray into an new alternate uniform, but the primary needs to be orange and white.

Reactions: 2 people
I love the Smoky Grey uniforms. Excellent change of pace, and not as obnoxious as some other team’s alternates. I think adding the grey was excellent not only for alternates, but for apparel and branding. Keep it.

If the young men wearing those smoky grey's like them...it's a no brainer to keep them. A'ight?

GBO!!!
:rock:

It's a trivial matter, in a way. But there are quite a few who do not like them. I am among that number. CJP would do well to mothball (or auction them off) .

Any alternate design uni's should be of two colors:

1, Orange
2. White

And for a bonus, on third Saturday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

It doesn't matter what the fans want we aren't on the field busting our a$$. The players and recruit's love them and that's what matter's. They will stay.

I do like the smokey grays. I wish that they would pick one away game a year where they wear orange pants/white jersey. And one home game that is all orange.

Nike will have to convince us that black was a fourth (and up til then unknown) school color before we get that in a uniform.

If the money was right, we'd abandon our true school colors again.

Up to the players not you.

Smh

Burn those ugly a$$ grey uniforms along with the Kiffin blacks and anything else screwing up the best uniform in football !!!!

They can wear orange, grey and white stripes as a long as they win with it on. Won't bother me. I didn't like the alternate unis at first, but they grew on me.

Up to the players. They are the ones wearing them.

I am for removing any hint of Butch Jones' used car salesman gimmicks on this program though.

I’m ok with having some alternative uniforms but Orange should still be the primary color since this is Big Orange Country.

I thought the gray looked too much like sweats. I liked the black Unis a lot better even tho they were rushed and the orange on helmets didn’t match the jerseys. I’d like to see Coach give it a rest this year and focus on player skill development rather than fashion and design.

More importantly kill the 3rd down crap music

VN Store

Back