The future of Smoky Grey uniforms

Did you notice at the press conference, only orange and white was present in the background?

I would suspect Fulmer will have a hand in axing the grey unis.

We need to cleanse ourselves of anything and everything BJ

The blacks are out of the question. Kiffin had his hand in it and those will never appear as long as Fulmer is AD

That's one thing I like about Fulmer and that he is a traditionalist

Reactions: 9 people
OMG!!!

I am so busted.

In my defense, @ 67 yrs, it takes a lot of coffee to get the synapses firing.

Ha, well you get a pass this time, sir.

On the smokey grey's, I don't care much for them either, but the players love them. You can look past the "traditional" uniforms for a game or 2 year for the kids, right? I mean, in a couple more years they'll be tradition.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a trivial matter, in a way. But there are quite a few who do not like them. I am among that number. CJP would do well to mothball (or auction them off) .

Any alternate design uni's should be of two colors:

1, Orange
2. White

And for a bonus, on third Sunday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

I'm not a big fan of the smoky greys either. I would be fine with using the uniforms we wore for our season opener against UNLV back in 2004. I like those. But in all honesty, if you look teams that are winning, with the exception of Oregon a few years ago, they aren't the ones changing their uniforms up every week. Have you every seen Alabama wear an alternate uniform? Ohio State? Michigan? In my opinion there is value in sticking with tradition.

Reactions: 3 people
Not against alternate design at all. Against alternate colors, including black.

There's only so much you can do with orange. I would like to propose our standard away uni's be white tops and orange pants. Love that combo, looks good.

Reactions: 3 people
And get rid of the stupid third-down chants.. And the high school run around in the circle pregame look like a complete Big East crap

Reactions: 7 people
Black looks terrible. If you are going to do an alt color, grey is as good as you can do. Good ol' orange and white works for me! I'm a traditionalist and I like WHITE PANTS!!!!! Not orange. If, IF, you must play around with things, maybe a metallic T or put it on the back for a game like Oregon. But even that offends me to a point.

While we are at it, how many alt uniforms does Bama wear? Auburn? GA? How about Oklahoma? How often do they wear different colors? Just saying, dress for the position you want. I want to be in the playoffs myself!

Reactions: 4 people
What I do like about the grey uniforms is that if you're able to look closely you can discern a Smoky Mountain backdrop in the color pattern.

What I don't like about them is that they're extremely unattractive. Ugly, even.

But each to his own I reckon. I prefer the orange and white but it's not the end of the world if they pull out something different on occasion.

I can't quite remember but did we ever win a game while wearing the gray Smokies?
And though they look cool, I'm more traditional and like orange/white schemes.

One thing I love is uniform discussion smh... just let the kids wear what they want within reason either grey, white, or orange. God forbid we add a color in that actually goes good with orange and white.

No need to syh. Title is not deceptive. Just scroll on down.

Thank me.

And for a bonus, on third Saturday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

Now that's old school right there. It was a little before my time when this was the norm but I has seen old film clips of this. It's my understanding that white road jerseys came about primarily to better distinguish between the teams for television coverage.

Black looks terrible. If you are going to do an alt color, grey is as good as you can do. Good ol' orange and white works for me! I'm a traditionalist and I like WHITE PANTS!!!!! Not orange. If, IF, you must play around with things, maybe a metallic T or put it on the back for a game like Oregon. But even that offends me to a point.

While we are at it, how many alt uniforms does Bama wear? Auburn? GA? How about Oklahoma? How often do they wear different colors? Just saying, dress for the position you want. I want to be in the playoffs myself!
Georgia has gone with Alt uniforms many times.

I am old school, but I don't mind the gray uniforms. The power T on the pants with no stripes and the orange shoes bothered me more. Most good uniforms have 3 colors. I liked it when they outlined the numerals on white jerseys with navy blue.

I always thought run around in a circle look like amateur night as well as sprinting to the other end of the field when the quarter ends it look like high school 101

Yeah, the sprinting between quarters is goofy. The only one that really makes me shake my head are the people that insist on holding up 4 fingers before the 4th qtr starts.

Yeah, the sprinting between quarters is goofy. The only one that really makes me shake my head are the people that insist on holding up 4 fingers before the 4th qtr starts.

I always thought it was interesting that the team look absolutely gassed on the field but yet could run TopSpeed between quarters

I'm not a big fan of the smoky greys either. I would be fine with using the uniforms we wore for our season opener against UNLV back in 2004. I like those. But in all honesty, if you look teams that are winning, with the exception of Oregon a few years ago, they aren't the ones changing their uniforms up every week. Have you every seen Alabama wear an alternate uniform? Ohio State? Michigan? In my opinion there is value in sticking with tradition.

Michigan and Ohio State yes. Alabama, no

VN Store

Back