The Future Of Neyland Stadium...

Every game last year we drew over 95k fans...so says Orange and White game program. I don't see much of a problem with attendance.

I wouldn't worry about more seating riht now. Like mentioned before you can't find a place to park now.

I am not worried about more seating. If we don't win more games, we will have a hard time filling the first level next year. With a Quarterback that went 5 for 30 in the O&W game we might not need 100,000 again for some time; maybe a lifetime. Just beating the doormats of the SEC will not get us back in the National Picture. We have got to put a product on the field that beats the best of the best.

I just can't understand how our QB situation deteriorated so severly.

i am amazed at how people have taken off with my asinine suggestion of adding 20k more seats. it ain't possible, folks.

I'm always amused by the delayed reaction in the stadium after each play everyone turns and watches the jumbotron to see it on replay, then they cheer. Doesn't happen unless we see it on the screen. . .

I think jumbotrons ruin sporting events. Best college football atmosphere I've experienced was Notre Dame; no jumbotron, everyone was paying very close attention to the action on the field.

We haven't won the NC since we got the jumbotron.... I think it is the curse of the Ole VOLS sign. I do believe we have upset the vol gods.....

The only thing I don't like is the back of the scoreboard and the Neyland Stadium sign instead of the VOLS sign. Other than that the stadium is perfect and second to none.

The only thing I don't like is the back of the scoreboard and the Neyland Stadium sign instead of the VOLS sign. Other than that the stadium is perfect and second to none.

Yeah they need to bring back the VOLS sign at the south end
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think we should have airplanes fly over every game instead of just homecoming! Also Smokey should come up in the student section and lead cheers so we sound more unified

very true and that's the reason good ol' fund raiser Mike is change the department's business plan. He's now trying to model the UTAD after the newer NFL teams requiring season ticket holders to buy the right to buy season tickets aka VASF. At that point if you ever do not buy the tickets you forfeit your VASF. It ensures a sell out every game regardless of quality on the field.
Good ol' Mike. Pushing fans away one dollar at a time.

Damn good post!! Best post all day!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Neyland will look simply awesome after this is completed! Here's to the greatest stadium in the world getting even better!!

I think jumbotrons ruin sporting events. Best college football atmosphere I've experienced was Notre Dame; no jumbotron, everyone was paying very close attention to the action on the field.

Of course they do. But, it's revenue bling. I wonder if folks today grew up thinking sporting events are supposed to have commercials-they don't even mind the braying donkeys on the screen or the flashing "buy something!" signs. Tacky.

I agree. A pair of third deck rows on both sides, sandwiched between the pressbox and Jumbotrons. That should put us back into the nation's largest again, and you better believe that will help recruiting. It will not only make the stadium even more inpressive visually, but should help hold in all the noise even better.

They do have it in the future plans...to place some seating ontop of the few stair structures on both sides of the jumbotron, nothing that would fill in the entire space between them though, it would not be too many seats at all. IF they ever actually do this...they said it would be where opposing teams would be seating....haha ha

IMO attendance is down for the simple reason that you can have an 80" HD screen in your house; all the beer you want and essentially have your own skybox environment with your 10 buddies over. The women can sit back and chat and the guys can recline in their stadium seating chairs and enjoy the game. Oh, and you don't have to drive to get there. Just my opinion. TV contract money good for school....TV contract money bad for school....

VN Store

Back