The Future Of Neyland Stadium...

Neyland looks amazing- especially from how it looked 10 years ago.
From a pile of steel to something that totally fits into its surroundings.

Would love to see a 3d virtual tour like they did with the new training facility. I can't tell much from that drawing.

Will someone post a link so I can see it on my iPhone, please?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would say that you may be confusing cause and effect. Look at our won-lost records since '05. People don't come when there isn't anything worthwhile to see.

When UT is restored to it's winning ways and starts competing for championships, the tickets will become scarce once again.

JMO

GBO !

very true and that's the reason good ol' fund raiser Mike is change the department's business plan. He's now trying to model the UTAD after the newer NFL teams requiring season ticket holders to buy the right to buy season tickets aka VASF. At that point if you ever do not buy the tickets you forfeit your VASF. It ensures a sell out every game regardless of quality on the field.
Good ol' Mike. Pushing fans away one dollar at a time.

those extra seats should be given to high school freshmen and up, chaperoned by teachers coaches whomever, this might develop lifelong fans, who eventually buy tickets. we should make it 150,000 seats if you ask me... if you gave away 50,000 (third deck)to the young ones... youd make a million in concessions

Love this idea...

those extra seats should be given to high school freshmen and up, chaperoned by teachers coaches whomever, this might develop lifelong fans, who eventually buy tickets. we should make it 150,000 seats if you ask me... if you gave away 50,000 (third deck)to the young ones... youd make a million in concessions

Love this idea.

^sorry man didnt mean to steal your thunder.

i think they should build another level so we can add about 20k more seats. it'll be awesome. if our team can't win, at least our stadium can! i know we'll be able to get the funding.

I sure would like to know where we have room to add even 5K seats, not to mention 20K!

Neyland Stadium is a dinosaur. It doesn't matter how much lipstick Hamilton puts on it, it is still a dinosaur.

Why not add a jumbotron to the North side? People would be more willing to sit in the seats HH - OO.

Won't ever happen... besides that would mean 20k more empty seas.... let's face it we don't sell out if it's not against a big time opponent these days. 10 years ago you would have to pray you could get tickets against UAB, and Southern MIss type opponents. Now you are virtually garunteed walking up for a game like that and paying about half of face value. Just being honest. I have seen it drop off every year since '05 when I started on as season ticket holder post graduation.

That wasnt the case for the UT Martin game this past year. Nose bleeds were going over face value

i think they should build another level so we can add about 20k more seats. it'll be awesome. if our team can't win, at least our stadium can! i know we'll be able to get the funding.

That is the last thing the university needs to do. Not going happen. Sorry

The_Bizzle_Hizzle.jpg

Why not add a jumbotron to the North side? People would be more willing to sit in the seats HH - OO.

I'm always amused by the delayed reaction in the stadium after each play everyone turns and watches the jumbotron to see it on replay, then they cheer. Doesn't happen unless we see it on the screen. . .

Winning cures attendance woes, quit being a nega-turd.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tennessee drew well in the 80s when we weren't winning. We struggled to get 90k in 2007 when we went to the SEC Championship game.

Our attendance problems are MUCH deeper than it being a matter of wins and losses. There are a lot of factors, team performance certainly being one, but there are much deeper problems.

VN Store

Back