The frustration is written all over......

I just hope this yrs. play doesn't scare some of the recruits off.

The defense is playing light years better than last year.

The offense is missing some key pieces, but some kids want to be a part of something special - turn it around and build a winner.

Difference is the current staff has been able to fill the class before the season starts.

Recruits typically don't decommit from a school unless coaches leave/get fired.

No. It wouldn't. If Jones is still losing and gets fired then the downward process will have been started. A new coach coming in to a roster with the current Fr as rising Jrs could make a major, major positive impact.

Most coaches who get fired are fired within 4 years. A prospective new coach would look at UT's roster and lick his chops.

Completely false. Keeping a coach who isn't winning would rekindle the fire.

Prove it. MOST programs who hire coaches that do not improve W/L within 3 years fire them. From Vandy to UF to USC... that's what happens.

I appreciate the fact that you read my post and chose to disagree with it. I have read several of yours and always feel you are pretty spot on.

First and Foremost I was disagreeing with the Post that in 14 Months we would have a new HC. Reason is that this is the type of mentality that got us into this situation to begin with.

Kiffin was a flashy unproven hire by Hamilton that was needed to pull the long time supporters of Fulmer off of his a$$. Unproven and full of it but he brought Dear old dad, could recruit, and don't forget Ed. Hamilton needed a hire like this because of the Money group that Fulmer still had control of. It was a gamble that failed.

Dooley was not a proven coach at this level and had good genes but nothing else. No discipline and could not relate to the players. He was arrogant, period. However he was an admin guy.

Those two Combined with Fulmer's last year took this program successfully to Ground Zero if not below. Players were not held accountable for their academics, conduct, conditioning or commitment to this program.

I don't believe in year 0s so don't think I am going there but the first year is a gimme. Plus add to it the APR score, money given to players, coaching turnover and just a program with zero direction were of great concern for CBJ and staff.

Year 2, great class, season is not over with yet and the team is showing improvement. I don't like an offensive system that the Linemen don't get in the trenches and whip their opponents butt. We have some shortfalls in this area at the moment. I also don't like not having a DT QB in an offensive System that demands one, but IMO CBJ has stayed loyal to the players left behind by the previous coaches.

The senior year for the year 2 will be CBJ's Year 5 as our coach and he will have 1 year left on his 6 year contract. Real simple logic he will get it done or he will not.

I have little doubt the powers that be will not give him the full 6 years to get it done. If continues to recruit at a the level he has or just slightly below and he doesn't get it done on the field of play, he will be gone and their will be plenty of coaches licking their chops.

Last edited:
No Butch is recruiting like he wants also, go find out where Mason and Chump are ranked on the trail. He is building his team from the ground up, it takes time. I'm more than happy with vandy and uf keeping their present coaches.GO VOLS!!!
Muschamp has owned Butch. Its a fact! Butch has yet to beat Mason.building his team from the ground up huuu wow. Is that what they call pealing the QB off the ground?

I like me sum bloney..... fried just right.. Ungodly soft bread...... a Garden mater sliced.... and Mayo!!!!! BOOM!:dance2::good!:

VN Store

Back