The frustration is written all over......

One thing is obvious going into 2015, CBJ will need a game changing QB or else there will be more of the same. The O line will have had 1 yr of SEC experience, the Defense has to replace AJ, the running game will be improved with Kamara & Hurd, so the only thing that should be a priority is a QB. If CBJ accomplishes that the fan base will enjoy the results.

A game changing QB is a huge need. A game changing QB who is a true freshman, or a first year in the system is, well, not very probable... A great OLINE can make an OK QB look Good and Good RBs look Great, but to expect a true freshman to come in as a game changer at QB is a little much IMO

Agree but disagree 6 year fix. I have seen coaches do more with less. Next year we should be 7-8 wins. Then chance for actually competing in SEC east in 16. We can still go 6-6 this year if we play fundamental ball.

I agree. This season is far from over. This staff is going to have to make adjustments to get to 6-6. It should have been the first thing on the agenda. My problem is that I fear we will put Worley out there on crutches before we see Dobbs. I am sorry to say this but we should have played all three QBs by now.

Despite the responses to my prior post, there is no way we will retain a coach after 3 straight losing seasons. It just won't happen. If Hart really wants to help the chances for Jones sticking around he will cancel or.postpone the Oklahoma game next year. If Hart makes Jones go into a do or die year with that schedule then I'd say the writing is on the wall. Of course Jones may get to a bowl this year and this is a moot point; ).

Reality is defensive coaching staff is full of ex-SEC coaches. Offensive side is run by a Big East coach. The results are self-evident.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach Butch Jones face, He wants to change this team around so bad that I bet you can smell it on him. He didn't put us in this situation. The end of 2016 will be the time to rightfully judge him as a coach. You cant make a steak sandwhich out of baloney. I don't care how many times you process it. Imagine these freshman playing their junior and senior year, Its gonna be awsome and scary good. I understand the frustration I really do.

I urged the same for Dooley... and Fulmer before him. You know what? I came to realize that I was WRONG. I think the childish mockery and acting as if a coach is somehow disappointing fans on purpose is stupid. But there is NOTHING wrong with evaluating what has been done and especially against what has been promised.

For instance on several occasions Jones guaranteed that the Vols would be a well-coached football team. Know what? This OL shows no signs whatsoever of being well coached. There are NUMEROUS FCS OL's that would perform better than this unit is... and it isn't just talent or how the program was left.

Jones needs to start winning games and not in 2016. He needs to prove he can win NOW... this season and next. Another 5-7 season and he will probably be on a hot seat entering next fall... AND HE SHOULD BE.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't take the slurs to heart. I like the hillbilly motif. I haven't paid the dues that true mountain folk have in terms of enduring a hard life but I admire their grit and am sometimes a little envious of their freedom from a lot of the social conventions that apply in most of society.

It sucks, but we've only lost one game we HOPED to win. The Florida loss is the only difference than what most rational fans thought we could win. Ole Miss is ranked #3 with possibly the best D in the country. Butch will get it fixed. Get off the fire coach crap. We've been there and done that for 6 years. Good, bad or indifferent, Jones is our man for at least 2 more years.

If we can somehow get most of recruiting season intact we will be fine. Butch has 1 top 20 recruiting class, one top 5 and hopefully another top 5 this year. Talent will eventually take over and get us over the top.
notice that Ole Miss is riding high with a JUCO guy; there are some out there who have bounced around a bit and matured to lead SEC caliber team at QB position; appears that CBJ has managed the scholarship numbers well; some of our signed actually end up taking academic scholarship to "save" down the pike. there is some flexibility to take advantage of recruiting opportunities.

CBJ is here for at least 4 years+. Some fans love misery. A new coach next year 14 months from now would only restart the downward process.
No. It wouldn't. If Jones is still losing and gets fired then the downward process will have been started. A new coach coming in to a roster with the current Fr as rising Jrs could make a major, major positive impact.

No coaches would give us a first look if he is gone in 3.
Most coaches who get fired are fired within 4 years. A prospective new coach would look at UT's roster and lick his chops.

Who is available then and what makes you think we could buy a coach. If we fire CBJ next year then it will be like throwing Gasoline onto a smothered but not out fire.
Completely false. Keeping a coach who isn't winning would rekindle the fire.

Even bad programs don't fire coaches in 3 years. CBJ got his first signature win in the first season.

UT Football is probably a 6 year fix.

Prove it. MOST programs who hire coaches that do not improve W/L within 3 years fire them. From Vandy to UF to USC... that's what happens.

I can understand some frustration if that's what he feels...If there was one player from the 2014 class we needed to contribute right away it was Blair and he won't even play at all this year. We just can't shake this snake bitten aura that we have carried the last 8 years.

No. It wouldn't. If Jones is still losing and gets fired then the downward process will have been started. A new coach coming in to a roster with the current Fr as rising Jrs could make a major, major positive impact.

Most coaches who get fired are fired within 4 years. A prospective new coach would look at UT's roster and lick his chops.

Completely false. Keeping a coach who isn't winning would rekindle the fire.

Prove it. MOST programs who hire coaches that do not improve W/L within 3 years fire them. From Vandy to UF to USC... that's what happens.

There will always be a part of the fan base that will never be satisfied.

Identify what bells and whistles coach that comes in here and the licks his chops to coach here Next Year as stated in the post.

You can take time to prove it. Moot point at this time and purely hypothetical to figure it out.

We are going to win in the next few years and CBJs gets his 6 years regardless. We are not mist programs. Plus, improvement is open to a variety of interpretations by the AD, Board and boosters fans and so it goes.

CBJ walked into a completely different situation tha most incoming coaches inherit.

It will not happen next year and I can't believe you think it will. Jones is here for 4+ years. More than likely 6, but he will win so it will not be an issue anyway.

One thing is obvious going into 2015, CBJ will need a game changing QB or else there will be more of the same. The O line will have had 1 yr of SEC experience, the Defense has to replace AJ, the running game will be improved with Kamara & Hurd, so the only thing that should be a priority is a QB. If CBJ accomplishes that the fan base will enjoy the results.

Takes a good to great quarterback to win in the SEC. Driskell is making Kurt Roper look like an idiot. Not saying it's exactly the same here but it's hard to judge Bajakian with Worley at quarterback.

All CBJ had to do this year was beat the Gators and get to a bowl game -- 2 very doable goals. He lost to f'g Muschamp! This coaching staff is totally incapable of adjusting during a game. We've flipped from Dooley having a great offense and a terrible defense 180, and there is no question which you would rather have, if you had to choose. At least with a great offense you have a chance of outscoring your opponent, like we did at UGA and SC.

Umm...in 3 years Dooley never outscored one of the bigs from the SEC...period. Coach Jones did outscore an #11 ranked SC team last year and still has a year and a half left to go.

People stop comparing Doofey to bUTch Jones!

Last edited:
Umm...in 3 years Dooley never outscored one of the bigs from the SEC...period. Coach Jones did outscore an #11 ranked SC team last year and still has a year and a half left to go.

People stop comparing Doofey to bUTch Jones!

WTH? How could anyone compare CBJ to Dooley? That's just crazy talk.

Looks like we have another "Butch wants it therefore he'll turn it around" thread. Guess Muschamp doesn't want to win that's why he's losing, same with Derek Mason. If those guys wanted to turn it around more they could, they just have to want to. This is what makes Butch so unique from other coaches; he really wants to win!

Looks like we have another "Butch wants it therefore he'll turn it around" thread. Guess Muschamp doesn't want to win that's why he's losing, same with Derek Mason. If those guys wanted to turn it around more they could, they just have to want to. This is what makes Butch so unique from other coaches; he really wants to win!

No Butch is recruiting like he wants also, go find out where Mason and Chump are ranked on the trail. He is building his team from the ground up, it takes time. I'm more than happy with vandy and uf keeping their present coaches.GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back