The Flying Saucer (Beer, not UFOs)

Ugh, I was thinking about going to Huntsville tomorrow night for the Nook and STA. Might have to rethink that for Prop.

If you don't mind me asking, you in the industry downtown?

I work alot of the Rhizome events (winter warmer, ENBF, Brew at the Zoo, plus out of town events) and I know alot of the distrubutors and brewery reps so going based on that. BCBS Props and Lilith biggest reason I'm going.

I work alot of the Rhizome events (winter warmer, ENBF, Brew at the Zoo, plus out of town events) and I know alot of the distrubutors and brewery reps so going based on that. BCBS Props and Lilith biggest reason I'm going.
Winter Warmer is by far my favorite but because they Matt puts it on the 1st Saturday in December, I'll always be screwed.

Here's the list. Sorry it's sideways, but deal with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That Bourbon County Stout is ridiculous. Potent and very rich in espresso taste. Had one about a month ago. I think it got a perfect score in multiple reviews.

Had the Lilith, BC coffee stout, BC Backyard rye, and the Juliet. Sampled the Gillian and BC proprietor.

Had the Lefthand Sawtooth, Stone Xocoveza, and Stone Ruination today.

One of my favorite places to have a beer, I dont get by there nearly enough. I friend in New Orleans and every time he flies up thats the first stop when we leave the airport.

One of my favorite places to have a beer, I dont get by there nearly enough. I friend in New Orleans and every time he flies up thats the first stop when we leave the airport.

I'm in Nashville at least four days a week if you ever want to grab a beer. The Stone I told you about in the home brewers thread is one of their one and dones right now.

I've just never been the biggest fan of our flying saucer really. Not sure why. I've always liked 12 south much better. Like hopvol, I dont hang around downtown even though I work at marathon village (actually right above corsair). If anyone ever hits up corsairs tap room, let me know!

I've just never been the biggest fan of our flying saucer really. Not sure why. I've always liked 12 south much better. Like hopvol, I dont hang around downtown even though I work at marathon village (actually right above corsair). If anyone ever hits up corsairs tap room, let me know!
I like Nashville's better than Memphis, but I think the reason I've cooled on them is because the focus too much on imports than local. Craft is ever evolving yet they want status quo.

I like Nashville's better than Memphis, but I think the reason I've cooled on them is because the focus too much on imports than local. Craft is ever evolving yet they want status quo.
That is rather sad when you consider the amount of local craft beers that have come out in the last few years.

I assume Wiseacre is only sold in Memphis area right now? I haven't seen it in Middle Tenn.

Found a place in Brentwood/Franklin that had the Wiseacre IPA about a month or 2 ago and they've been serving a couple more of the porters. Pretty good stuff. I'm still a Calfkiller fan but Wiseacre, from what I've had so far is right up there with them.

Tennessee is producing some really good, underrated beers right now.

Midtown Wine and Spirits has a bunch of Wiseacre stuff now. Pretty sure they got picked up by a distributor in Nashville, so I see it quite a few places. I tried their Boomslang today.

Midtown Wine and Spirits has a bunch of Wiseacre stuff now. Pretty sure they got picked up by a distributor in Nashville, so I see it quite a few places. I tried their Boomslang today.

Drinking the Wiseacre Schwarzbier right now. Just did some looking online. Technically not a porter, even though it is darker. It is dark in color, yet is hoppier and less viscous.

I'm on my way to work or I'd dig something out to try. I need to finish off my growler of Le Terroir.

VN Store

Back