The Flying Saucer (Beer, not UFOs)

Up there for sure. I would also say Black Abbey and Wiseacre. The latter gets my nod though.

I haven't had Wiseacre. I've had some Black Abbey growlers from Frugal McDougals and haven't been disappointed with the 2 or so I've tried. But it seems like out of the 6 or 7 Calfkiller beers I've had, there was only one (the Calfkiller Quazi) that I really didn't care for. If they ever get their production up and more consistent, watch out.

I haven't had Wiseacre. I've had some Black Abbey growlers from Frugal McDougals and haven't been disappointed with the 2 or so I've tried. But it seems like out of the 6 or 7 Calfkiller beers I've had, there was only one (the Calfkiller Quazi) that I really didn't care for. If they ever get their production up and more consistent, watch out.

One similarity the share is that they mainly focus on malty beers as opposed to hoppy or sours that so many breweries seem to target.

One similarity the share is that they mainly focus on malty beers as opposed to hoppy or sours that so many breweries seem to target.

Thats probably because most drinkers here in the States are used to a mildr, softer beer as opposed to the hoppier styles. It i a big transition from Natty Lite to an IPA.

Tried the Stone Go to IPA, Narragansett Del Shandy, and Innis and Gunn's original last night.

Didn't see that one, I'm here now and I've had a Back 40 truck stop honey- decent brown ale and a back 40 freckle belly- a pretty good American IPA. Any other recommendations?

Some fav IPAs: Southern tier 2xIPA, Victory hop wallop and dirt wolf, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA, NB Rampart and Ranger, Stone (anything but the "go to")...

I'm just starting to develop a taste for the hoppier stuff, stouts and porters were my go to before. I had the go to IPA last night. Not bad, not great but def. drinkable. Finch's Hardcore Chimera was one a tried not long ago that was pretty good.

This is my beer list as off today:

Innis and Gunn Original (BTL)
Stone Go To IPA
Narragansett Dels Shandy (CAN)
Rivertown Roebling Porter
Back Forty Truck Stop Honey
Back Forty Freckle Belly
Little Harpeth Upstream
Einstok Icelandic White Ale (BTL)
Bard's Gold (BTL)
Einstok Icelandic Toasted Porter (BTL)
Finchs Hardcore Chimera (CAN)
Samichlaus (BTL)
Wells Bombardier Bitter
Chimay Premiere (BTL)
New Holland The Carhartt Woodsman
Reissdorf Kolsch
Schlafly Dry Hopped Farmhouse Ale
Parallel 49 Salty Scot
Blackstone Black List Sabeerstian Bock
HeBrew Lenny's R.I.P.A (BTL)
Mayday Boro Blonde
Rogue Dead Guy
Blackstone Black Belle (BTL)
Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops'pitality
Sierra Nevada Beer Camp- Ballast Point Electric Ray
Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
RJ Rockers Son of a Peach
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Rogue Shakespeare Stout
Lagunitas PILS
Southern Tier Warlock
Founders Porter (BTL)
New Holland Dragons Milk
Smuttynose Bouncy House IPA
Blackstone Blacklist Barista Brew
Schneider Aventinus (BTL)
Ommegang Three Philosophers (BTL)
Brooklyn Oktoberfest
Ass Kisser Zeedonka Vanilla Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Beer Camp- Ninkasi Double Latte
Monk's Cafe
Blue Pants Slip Rose Strawberry Saison (BTL)
Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat
Murphy's Irish Red
Leinenkugels Big Eddy Imperial Stout
Stone Unapologetic IPA
Left Hand Milk Stout
Victory Golden Monkey

Goose Island Migration Week is in Nashville this week. Events at Flying Saucer (tomorrow), Craft Brewed (Wed) and Red Dog (Thurs) among others. I know at Flying Saucer tomorrow, they will have BCBS Proprietors and Lilith, along with some of the sisters and other BCBS variants.

I get out of class at 230 so I will probably kill some time and then go check out the Goose Island Tap Takeover they are doing and knock a few of those out.

They start putting out the beers at 5 tomorrow though, right? That's what the guy told me the other night I think.

I'm not sure when they will start at Flying Saucer. Tonight is probably the only even I'll be able to make.

VN Store

Back