The Final Fantasy Thread

Server congestion is so bad I haven’t been able to log in since the update. Queues have been anywhere from 3,000-5,000 players in front of me.

Seems they have fixed the server congestion issues. I am so in love with this game right now and I have sunk so much time into it. Just now getting into the stormblood msq and enjoying the ride.

The story is really enjoyable. I about pulled my hair out after finishing ARR and working towards HW. Having been 50 long before the storyline ended and getting a measly 2500xp when your next level is MILLIONS away was a nut punch.

I'm surprised at how much content there is, but I guess that comes with it being out for so long.
HW was so enjoyable. I really have never put a lot of emphasis into paying attention to the story in a game, but I am completely nerding out with this.

HW was so enjoyable. I really have never put a lot of emphasis into paying attention to the story in a game, but I am completely nerding out with this.

I just finished the HW main story, and it's fantastic. Working through the post quests on my way to Stormblood I think. It's amazing how much time you can sink into this. I think HW took me a month to finish at an hour or so every evening. Really looking forward to seeing how it all progresses and ends, assuming I will be able to with the insane log in times now.

Reactions: BearCat204
I'm currently playing FF7 Remake on PS5 and I am loving it! They did a great job of capturing the classic feel while at the same time, updating it just enough to bring it up to modern standards. I cant wait to see what part 2 looks like as its being developed on next gen only hardware!

Reactions: UTK
I'm currently playing FF7 Remake on PS5 and I am loving it! They did a great job of capturing the classic feel while at the same time, updating it just enough to bring it up to modern standards. I cant wait to see what part 2 looks like as its being developed on next gen only hardware!

You playing FF7 Remake Intergrade?

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Tried getting this today. Couldn’t even get it going after I downloaded it. Just kept saying I didn’t have permission to play and when I tried to create an account it said I needed a registration code that I never got.

Pretty annoying experience.

Getting the plat trophy for FF7 remake was my gaming highlight of 2021. A lot of fun

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. Coming March 18th to PS4/PS5.

The game play reminds me of Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. The music in the trailer cracks me up.

Holy crap, I didnt realize Team Ninja was developing this! I wasnt interested at first but I'll have to give it a try. Not day one full price but down the road when it goes on sale.

Story/characters seem ridiculous, as is the inclusion of Sinatra in the trailer. But the gameplay looks fun and it has multiplayer. Probably looking more forward to this than FFXVI, which looks boring.

Story/characters seem ridiculous, as is the inclusion of Sinatra in the trailer. But the gameplay looks fun and it has multiplayer. Probably looking more forward to this than FFXVI, which looks boring.

Wait what? FFXVI is in earlier development stages than the next COVID variant. How can you ascertain that it looks boring?

Wait what? FFXVI is in earlier development stages than the next COVID variant. How can you ascertain that it looks boring?
Plus its being developed by the guy who basically saved FF 14 from obscurity. I am confident that it will be good. At least better than 15 which I didnt find particularly great.

Last edited:

That's why they release trailers, so people can get an impression of the game. Take "Stranger of Paradise" for example. After the first trailer people were talking about how bad it looked. Killing Chaos became a meme. Two trailers later, people are taking it in a better light (altho the story and characters still look silly).

My impression of FFXVI so far is that it looks like a Dragon Age derivative with subpar graphics (for this era; it looks like FFXIV). The combat could be interesting since its based on DMC, but I need to see more of it. I don't care for anything else about it. Just like with "Stranger of Paradise" tho, maybe that will change.

So did anyone ever play Stranger of Paradise? It’s kind of next on my list once I finish Forbidden West. Is it good?

My understanding is it’s supposed to be FF meets Soulsborne, which should be right up my alley. But I’ve heard almost nothing about it since it’s release.

My understanding is it’s supposed to be FF meets Soulsborne, which should be right up my alley. But I’ve heard almost nothing about it since it’s release.

It can be challenging, especially on harder difficulties, but I would say it's more like Nioh/Ninja Gaiden or DMC than Souls. Also lots of looting and gear. The combat and FF job system is a lot of fun. Honestly it makes me prefer action combat to the old turn-based games.

But it also suffers from some graphics and performance issues. It almost looks like a PS3 game at times. The story is also pretty bare bones for what you would expect of a Final Fantasy game, and it takes a while to get interesting. It ends up being pretty decent tho, and the final scene is awesome. The whole chaos meme from the early trailers doesn't really do the story justice.

TLDR: if you like Nioh, I would recommend it.

It can be challenging, especially on harder difficulties, but I would say it's more like Nioh/Ninja Gaiden or DMC than Souls. Also lots of looting and gear. The combat and FF job system is a lot of fun. Honestly it makes me prefer action combat to the old turn-based games.

But it also suffers from some graphics and performance issues. It almost looks like a PS3 game at times. The story is also pretty bare bones for what you would expect of a Final Fantasy game, and it takes a while to get interesting. It ends up being pretty decent tho, and the final scene is awesome. The whole chaos meme from the early trailers doesn't really do the story justice.

Booooooo this man! Boooooo!

Booooooo this man! Boooooo!

LOL I have to agree with Volwark. Turn based combat was a necessary evil back in the day because of the limitations of the hardware at that time. However once real time combat was introduced into more RPG's, I fully embraced it and never looked back. I do not look back on turn based combat with any longing or feel good nostalgia at all.

LOL I have to agree with Volwark. Turn based combat was a necessary evil back in the day because of the limitations of the hardware at that time. However once real time combat was introduced into more RPG's, I fully embraced it and never looked back. I do not look back on turn based combat with any longing or feel good nostalgia at all.

#turnbasedforlife

Shut up and take every dollar to my name

**** yes! It looks awesome! I love the more medieval style and the fact the male characters dont look like androgynous twinks! This is also the first M rated Final Fantasy game so Im expecting tons of glorious violence!

I’m about 4 hours into this. It’s ok. I would put it about the same level as that PS4 game Greedfall, like it’s the epitome of “something to play”

I would not at all compare it to Nioh. Nioh is drastically better. So far this game feels very repetitive: Run about 20 feet, hack n slash battle, go 20 more feet, hack n slash battle, eventually reach a boss. Rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back