The fictional trade question thread.

He is a pretty good rebounder, his totals just seem unimpressive because they limit his minutes. Average C does 12.7 per 48 and he does 14.3 per 48 for his career.

They don't want Jordan cause they already have him.

Chris-Andersen-Harlem-Shake.jpg

I absolutely hate "per 48" minutes. I care what you actually get in a game, not what you project too. I know you are going to say its not a projection it's what he does every 48 minutes he's on the floor. It's still 7 rbs a game, because he's not good enough to be on the floor for more than 24 minutes per game. His offensive game is atrocious, his d is bad, and he can't play in the fourth quarter because he can't make free throws. Why anyone would want him on their team is beyond me.

Also Ben...you are an idiot. :)

I absolutely hate "per 48" minutes. I care what you actually get in a game, not what you project too. I know you are going to say its not a projection it's what he does every 48 minutes he's on the floor. It's still 7 rbs a game, because he's not good enough to be on the floor for more than 24 minutes per game. His offensive game is atrocious, his d is bad, and he can't play in the fourth quarter because he can't make free throws. Why anyone would want him on their team is beyond me.

Pretty much sums it up.

Per game is useless because nobody plays the same number of minutes.

There are lots of reasons guys play less minutes than others. All you need to know is that what you do for 20 mpg accurately projects what you would do for 30 mpg.

Yeah they are less skilled than the guys that get more minutes, therefore less valuable on a per game basis. I don't care that Jordan could give me 10 rbs in 32 minutes, I care that he gets 8 in 24. Because that actually impacts the game not what he would do. Work on his fts and post game and he'll get those minutes, dont and he'll stay the middle of the road player that he is.

Yeah they are less skilled than the guys that get more minutes, therefore less valuable on a per game basis. I don't care that Jordan could give me 10 rbs in 32 minutes, I care that he gets 8 in 24. Because that actually impacts the game not what he would do. Work on his fts and post game and he'll get those minutes, dont and he'll stay the middle of the road player that he is.

Less skilled at what? What you're saying is true for the majority of players. They play because they are better. My point is there are quite a few players who don't get playing time because they are undervalued. There are lots of exceptions to the rule that the best players get the most burn.

Reggie Evans is probably the best rebounder in the league and he's been a bench player almost his whole career. He finally got serious PT this year and averaged 22 rp 48 (11 per game). The average C does 13 per 48.

Well just agree to disagree as usual. You take the guy that gets 24 minutes per and will give you 13 rbs over 2 games, I'll take the guy that gets 34 minutes and gives me 11 rbs in one game. I honestly don't get why per 48 is the end all be all with you. Why wouldn't you rather have the guy getting minutes and rbs in the game your playing is beyond me.

Name me a guy and I'll tell you why he gets the minutes he gets. The are not getting minutes for a reason. Evans doesn't get starter minutes cause he is a liability on offense, his man can help off of him all game. So you basically play 4 on 5 on offense. The opposite is true with a guy that can just shoot, he is a liability on d so you constantly have to help. Which leads other guys to get open looks. As I said guys are not getting starter minutes for a reason.

Well just agree to disagree as usual. You take the guy that gets 24 minutes per and will give you 13 rbs over 2 games, I'll take the guy that gets 34 minutes and gives me 11 rbs in one game. I honestly don't get why per 48 is the end all be all with you. Why wouldn't you rather have the guy getting minutes and rbs in the game your playing is beyond me.

Name me a guy and I'll tell you why he gets the minutes he gets. The are not getting minutes for a reason. Evans doesn't get starter minutes cause he is a liability on offense, his man can help off of him all game. So you basically play 4 on 5 on offense. The opposite is true with a guy that can just shoot, he is a liability on d so you constantly have to help. Which leads other guys to get open looks. As I said guys are not getting starter minutes for a reason.

I'll take that guy too, but there are only 6 of them in the entire league.

Evans is not a liability on offense. He doesn't take bad shots and he doesn't turn the ball over. He is however one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. You can't be a liability on offense unless you do more harm than good and he doesn't do harm. He has limitations, but he is not a liability. A guy like Rudy Gay who makes terrible use of possessions is a liability. He makes help defense difficult because you have to put a body on him or he gets the rebound. Whether he gets the rebound or distracts the help D he is making his teammates better.

Why does Faried only get 28 MPG?

You don't have to guard Reggie Evans. Playing 4 on 5 makes him a liability. Same with tony allen

Honestly Karl is a dumbass.

My last question. The guys that get 24 minutes and have good per 48's do you think pace would stay the same if they got 34 minutes? I ask because they play in short bursts which allows them to go all out more than a guy playing 34. Also most of those guys are doing it vs the second team, so doing it against starters more would hamper their production as well. Ginobili is the perfect example of this, usually came in against the other teams bench, and could expend a ton of energy in a shorter time on the floor.

Honestly Karl is a dumbass.

My last question. The guys that get 24 minutes and have good per 48's do you think pace would stay the same if they got 34 minutes? I ask because they play in short bursts which allows them to go all out more than a guy playing 34. Also most of those guys are doing it vs the second team, so doing it against starters more would hamper their production as well. Ginobili is the perfect example of this, usually came in against the other teams bench, and could expend a ton of energy in a shorter time on the floor.

The numbers have proven to hold true with increased minutes as long as the player has the conditioning. So yes, going from 24 to 34 you would expect the averages/minute to hold true. The exception is a Shawn Bradley type who could be a dominant presence for 18 MPG, but couldn't physically play 30 minutes.

In many cases the 2nd team is full of role players who play good D, so I'm not sure it's a knock on Ginobili.

I wasn't knocking Ginobili, just happened to be who popped in my head. Though I'm sure being guarded by Meeks vs Kobe is a huge advantage.

Off topic but BB 15 starts Wednesday, if you still watch.

50% of shots that are taken are made.

Why is such a premium put on scoring? It seems to me scorers and defensive stoppers are equally valuable if 50% of shots are made. If 35% of shots were made, I could understand why scorers would be so valued, but it turns out scoring isn't any harder than stopping the other team from scoring.

It seems everyone is way more concerned with offensive liabilities than defensive liabilities. I think that's backwards. An offensive "liability" who isn't wasting possessions isn't as bad as a guy who can't guard his man or keep him off the glass.

You didn't answer why Faried only gets 28 minutes.

I wasn't knocking Ginobili, just happened to be who popped in my head. Though I'm sure being guarded by Meeks vs Kobe is a huge advantage.

Off topic but BB 15 starts Wednesday, if you still watch.

Hey, you can't go off topic! What do you think this is??

50% of shots that are taken are made.

Why is such a premium put on scoring? It seems to me scorers and defensive stoppers are equally valuable if 50% of shots are made. If 35% of shots were made, I could understand why scorers would be so valued, but it turns out scoring isn't any harder than stopping the other team from scoring.

It seems everyone is way more concerned with offensive liabilities than defensive liabilities. I think that's backwards. An offensive "liability" who isn't wasting possessions isn't as bad as a guy who can't guard his man or keep him off the glass.

You didn't answer why Faried only gets 28 minutes.

I don't, I've said I love d multiple times. And I explained why guys that can only score don't get a lot of minutes. I said his team constantly has to help him which leads to open shots. If people are extreme towards o, you are just as extreme towards d.

I said Karl's a dumbass.

I don't, I've said I love d multiple times. And I explained why guys that can only score don't get a lot of minutes. I said his team constantly has to help him which leads to open shots. If people are extreme towards o, you are just as extreme towards d.

I said Karl's a dumbass.

Karl? I thought it was Chad?

VN Store

Back