The Endzone Should We Fire Dooley? Poll Thread....

Should UT fire Dooley?

• Total voters
Prowling for kitty only masks the tears he's crying on the inside. He gets my vote for best costume.

That is one of the most f-ed up quotes I've ever heard from a Tennessee player. I'm trying to find the context of it, giving him the benefit of the doubt after a tough loss....

I didn't have to read Poole's quote to realize that. You could see it on the field today.

It was biblical. I guess at times like this it's good to look at things in perspective. No sports day will ever be as awful as the day the Pearl allegations were made public.

To me, losing this game is the lowest point the football program has seen in my lifetime.

I still think Dooley gets one more year. I don't know that he deserves it, but given his prohibitive buyout and the players we have coming back, a change right now could nuclear this program even more than this loss....

If he doesn't win 8+ next year, the Trio will most likely not be going pro, because they had mediocre years, and not many will resist his firing, most importantly the players...

Tough to look that far in the future, but the other options seem even more bleak, unless UT can secure a championship caliber coach behind closed doors without the media finding out, and then just spring it on the unsuspecting masses. Not possible in today's media environment, imo. Someone would leak it....

Well said pooch. I think Dooley will be here next year. We'll probably see a new ol coach and new oc. I don't know of any big name coach available if UT were to decide to change. Gruden isn't coming..... sorry had to throw that last line in there.

Last edited:
My fastest 5K was only in the 15:45 range, so I only got lower level D1 scholly offers, like Evansville. I was the captain of my CC team and we finished 3rd, 2nd and 4th in the state during my years on the varsity. I was also a captain of the track team.

I got what you were saying, jhen. I really like Dooley and think he walked in to an almost impossible situation. I'm not completely sold on the fact he knew the entirety of the situation, though. He's seemed to be getting more frustrated than one would want the head coach at UT to be, of late. Cuonzo hasn't made it any easier for me to be completely sympathetic with Dooley's dilemma and recent attitude, given the toughness the bball team has shown so far....

Yeah, I wish the team showed more toughness as well. I think the D has it. Considering our schedule and how many times our O didn't do squat with the ball, they were solid.

VN Store

Back