The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Guardians leading Red Sox 5-2 in afternoon baseball on MLB Network.

Amazing how Cleveland always seems to field a really good team with no payroll.
8 teams ranked 20-30 in payroll have a .500+ winning percentage. Meanwhile, Houston has the 3rd highest payroll and the 4th worst winning percentage 🤣

He is a much better defender and I think given the opportunity may even be better offensively. Ohio State was not a very good team and he is coming into as great a situation as you could ask for.
I am not sure I go with "much better" defender. Aidoo was SEC All-defense, and for good reason. Now, Aidoo certainly did have trouble with big, physical post players, but Felix seems like he might have, too, at times. Fortunately, there aren't that many of them in the 'AA, and we only seem to play 2-3 a year. If we can avoid them at tourney time, good on us.

Aidoo was a much more polished offensively, and used both his jump shot and his left hand effectively at times. I trust the coaches will at least be able to develop one go-to for Felix, and that might be all he needs this year. I suspect we want him to rebound on offense, and be a terror to drivers who get past pressure we apply on defense and challenge easy layups. We will look for scoring from Estrella in the post and from the shooters on the perimeter.

Seems like Felix is about as good a big as we could get in the portal to replace what we lost; I am glad he is on board, but Aidoo moving on was a loss. We may match Aidoo's production, we may even surpass it, but it was in no way an automatic portal "win" like it is when we replace players who rarely see the court.

This does seem win-win for both player and team. It will be interesting and fun to watch it develop.

I am not sure I go with "much better" defender. Aidoo was SEC All-defense, and for good reason. Now, Aidoo certainly did have trouble with big, physical post players, but Felix seems like he might have, too, at times. Fortunately, there aren't that many of them in the 'AA, and we only seem to play 2-3 a year. If we can avoid them at tourney time, good on us.

Aidoo was a much more polished offensively, and used both his jump shot and his left hand effectively at times. I trust the coaches will at least be able to develop one go-to for Felix, and that might be all he needs this year. I suspect we want him to rebound on offense, and be a terror to drivers who get past pressure we apply on defense and challenge easy layups. We will look for scoring from Estrella in the post and from the shooters on the perimeter.

Seems like Felix is about as good a big as we could get in the portal to replace what we lost; I am glad he is on board, but Aidoo moving on was a loss. We may match Aidoo's production, we may even surpass it, but it was in no way an automatic portal "win" like it is when we replace players who rarely see the court.

This does seem win-win for both player and team. It will be interesting and fun to watch it develop.
Okpara averaged nearly an entire minute less per game and yet he had almost 20 more blocks. That’s a HUGE upgrade for rim protection.

I can’t think of another time when UT athletics had elite programs all over the board. It’s a great time to be a Vol fan 🍊
Late 90’s…early 2000’s….we won title in football along with multiple Sec title game appearance, Lady Vols bball with multiple national titles, Baseball with Delmonico went to a few CWS, track and field won national titles on back of Justin Gatlin, tennis was as elite as ever and softball had Monica Abbott, even volleyball went to their only Final Four…I would actually say we are getting back to status quo around these parts!!!! We took a 10-15 year sabbatical!

Late 90’s…early 2000’s….we won title in football along with multiple Sec title game appearance, Lady Vols bball with multiple national titles, Baseball with Delmonico went to a few CWS, track and field won national titles on back of Justin Gatlin, tennis was as elite as ever and softball had Monica Abbott, even volleyball went to their only Final Four…I would actually say we are getting back to status quo around these parts!!!! We took a 10-15 year sabbatical!
The Director’s Cup started in 1993 and we just had the best finish this past year in athletics history…

Actually, they already have a plan in place where they won’t need money directly from the people. This seems like the best way for a professional sports team to operate whenever it comes to new stadiums. Hopefully other states take notice.

“The Bears have pledged to contribute more than $2 billion to the project—over 70% of the total stadium cost. The remaining stadium funds are proposed to come from the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority (ISFA), a government entity that was created by the Illinois General Assembly in 1987 for the purpose of constructing and renovating sports stadiums for professional teams in the state of Illinois. The Bears' proposal can be accomplished with the existing 2% hotel tax used to back ISFA bonds.”
That doesn’t add up to $6 billion.

VN Store

Back