The Difference Between A’ja Wilson and Russell

LOOK AT YOU! Swapping barbs with a chicken 🐓

So much CLUCKING FUN !! 😈

Reactions: 2 people
Clearly your love for our program and what we do is the barometer for what your program only hopes to be.

This is a Lady Vols forum and you are a frequent visitor.

I've never been on anything related to SC because I could care less of what y'all are doing but your (y'all) love fest for what we do is obvious. (Jolette Law and Te'a and it still didn't land y'all any of the recruits that y'all thought she would be able to convince to come there)

Russell dealt with a situation that is known and it took our coaches to correct a problem that many of her coaches neglected (Foot issues). Wilson had no such issue and the only reason you all landed her was because she's a home town kid.

Funny how much 1 title can do for a program and it's arrogance.

Don't concern yourself with how well we perform against Texas concern yourself with how well y'all perform against us. Last year we lost to Texas but that didn't stop us from upsetting y'all and your team with 3 Top 10 draft selections.

Fact is we are what y'all want to be and it's evident.

And there could be an argument that Wilson wasn't the best in her class either. (ever heard of Kelsey Mitchell) but like Russell, and Griner 6'5 and above stands out more than 6'0" and below.

#1 I'm a fan of WCBB so I frequently posts on a lot of forums so don't flatter yourself thinking I'm obsessed with Tenn

#2 I'm a classy fan so I won't stoop to your level and drag a name down but I will say I have much respect for Summitt and what she has done but that Tenn Program she built but that isn't the same team anymore.

#3 I see your overly optimistic epesically after that fluke of a win last year with Wilson on the bench half the game. Trust me I'm not worried about Tenn especially when your teams best win was agaisnt a Marquette team that's not even ranked anymore! Like I said good luck your going to need it! I'll take Texas by 20+

#1 I'm a fan of WCBB so I frequently posts on a lot of forums so don't flatter yourself thinking I'm obsessed with Tenn

#2 I'm a classy fan so I won't stoop to your level and drag a name down but I will say I have much respect for Summitt and what she has done but that Tenn Program she built but that isn't the same team anymore.

#3 I see your overly optimistic epesically after that fluke of a win last year with Wilson on the bench half the game. Trust me I'm not worried about Tenn especially when your teams best win was agaisnt a Marquette team that's not even ranked anymore! Like I said good luck your going to need it! I'll take Texas by 20+

You have chosen an interesting career / retirement path! Instead of spending your time and efforts supporting your favorite team . You go fishing for other ways of desparaging other teams to see if you can get a riff amongst their fans ??? What a life you must lead?

Enjoy your time here.... maybe we can give you whatever you are missing? 😈

You have chosen an interesting career / retirement path! Instead of spending your time and efforts supporting your favorite team . You go fishing for other ways of desparaging other teams to see if you can get a riff amongst their fans ??? What a life you must lead?

Enjoy your time here.... maybe we can give you whatever you are missing? 😈

There was no disrespect intended like I said before I looked up to what pat has done for UT and WBB. I just came on here to defend my team and not once did I drag UT name down until Mlindsay got disrespectful. Ill leave but I will be back on Sunday when you guys take on Texas!!

Reactions: 1 person
There was no disrespect intended like I said before I looked up to what pat has done for UT and WBB. I just came on here to defend my team and not once did I drag UT name down until Mlindsay got disrespectful. Ill leave but I will be back on Sunday when you guys take on Texas!!

The level of disrespect can be traced back to the comment you made to Coach Jumper and if the shoe fits wear it!

I was told a win is a win! She played in the game and y’all lost she should’ve kept her hands to herself!

I can play the should’ve, could’ve, would’ve games also!

You have a right to state how you feel just like I have a right to do the same, the difference is I chose not to visit places I’m not fond of!

You’ll never catch me on whatever forum y’all have because y’all don’t interest me!

The difference is A’ja Wilson is y’all saving grace and Russell is another good player amongst the greats that have come here!

What team were you a fan of before Dawn step foot on SC campus? Were you so enthusiastic about them when she was at Temple and y’all were constantly at the bottom ot the conference when no one cared about WBB there?

BTW it’s Coach Summitt not Summitt, she’s earned that distinction!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

And to what purpose ? Another attempt to feed your psychological need to prove something! How sick !!!

Just laughing at myself.... you remind me of my first wife!!!! 😈

Reactions: 4 people
They are two completely different position players. Tell Aji she is a 5 and she will take her Wilma Flintstone pearls, cry, and leave. What is the agenda of this post? Russell is playing great this season.

I thought it was more based on the fact they are both in the conversation for going 1st in the draft and c'mon man her grandma gave her those pearls lol.

You are an assine Ahole trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I do not have to answer to your sorry agumentative butt or any other idiot like you. If you don’t like the post then don’t read it. Who made you God and left you in charge of what is negative. It is idiots like you that want to read things into post that are highly inaccurate. I did not mean any of the crap evolving out of your ignorant mind. If you took it that way you are an idiot. To me you are an irrelevant butt hole looking for a fight. I could care less about your idiotic opinion. You are clueless as to if Russell will be an all American or not. Are you related to an over inflated Ahole who thinks he knows everything? You can compare athletics without them playing the same position are you too stupid to understand that? How they affect the game, what they mean to the team, their aggressiveness, their leadership skills, their knowledge of the game, their ability to carry a team, etc. I never said Wilson was a better post than Russell.
Well i love you too!

The level of disrespect can be traced back to the comment you made to Coach Jumper and if the shoe fits wear it!

I was told a win is a win! She played in the game and y’all lost she should’ve kept her hands to herself!

I can play the should’ve, could’ve, would’ve games also!

You have a right to state how you feel just like I have a right to do the same, the difference is I chose not to visit places I’m not fond of!

You’ll never catch me on whatever forum y’all have because y’all don’t interest me!

The difference is A’ja Wilson is y’all saving grace and Russell is another good player amongst the greats that have come here!

What team were you a fan of before Dawn step foot on SC campus? Were you so enthusiastic about them when she was at Temple and y’all were constantly at the bottom ot the conference when no one cared about WBB there?

BTW it’s Coach Summitt not Summitt, she’s earned that distinction!

Correct,Mlindsay,a win is a win no matter the circumstance. Could've,would've,should've is one we all can play at times. As,also,it probably is not a good idea to go to a rival site to infuse one's views on said site. Viewpoints of opponent's fans are usually stated here only to cause a reaction and don't generally mean much. Inserting one's opinion on a rival website is not a wise move,though we seem to have more than a few who do so. It's hard enough with negus,much less other program's fans. Continue your good work and posts!

Really?

Why weren’t you here after you alls ND lose?!?! We were looking for you guys?!?! 👀👀👀

Why weren’t you here after you alls ND lose?!?! We were looking for you guys?!?! 👀👀👀

I believe the word is lost and even though we were down one of our best players their is no shame in losing to ND. But don't worry I'll be here Sunday :)

I believe the word is lost and even though we were down one of our best players their is no shame in losing to ND. But don't worry I'll be here Sunday :)

Uhmmm I believe the spelling for the correct usage is “THERE” not their. I enjoyed your passion for your team and reading how much you love the Gamecocks. However, you can’t try and throw a slick comment and then not have yours correct. Also while the poster’s grammar is not correct wouldn’t it be you alls ND “loss”. Although it should be the “loss” to ND... Lol 😂

Last edited:
Hmmm, this player, surrounding by an outstanding medical and training staff, took a red shirt season for reconstructive foot surgery and a comprehensive re-conditioning program. But only you have detected this "correctable" problem. Truly amazing.

Some aspects of a players gait are structural and can only be corrected so much. I am pretty confident whatever quirks remain in MR's stride, fall into that category.

Look it up.

Your homerism is oozing through the screen. Wilson's skill set allows her to do things a typical post can't do. She's averaging 23.8 ppg and 11.2 rpg while Russell averages 18 ppg and 8 rpg which is off from her double double she wanted to average this year. She came in as the SEC active player for double doubles but has since been overtaken by Wilson and stands three games back. Russell is shooting at better percentage but Wilson leads all other categories.

You do know this is a Lady Vol forum don't you? Your bullying of our fans is not allowed on this site so take your mindless drivel and go back to your own teams web site. You are not wanted here.

Even though i incorrectly used the word, i know damn well it wouldn’t have been “lost” 😂😂😂😂

Correct,Mlindsay,a win is a win no matter the circumstance. Could've,would've,should've is one we all can play at times. As,also,it probably is not a good idea to go to a rival site to infuse one's views on said site. Viewpoints of opponent's fans are usually stated here only to cause a reaction and don't generally mean much. Inserting one's opinion on a rival website is not a wise move,though we seem to have more than a few who do so. It's hard enough with negus,much less other program's fans. Continue your good work and posts!

Thank you and will do!

Look it up.

Nothing to look up; valgus knee can, in some, cases be moderated by activities like strengthening the hip abductors, or addressing over pronation. However, some cases do not respond to these interventions. If a non-responsive form of the condition is really creating problems for the athlete, surgical intervention might be needed (Look up Kelly Cain).

I am not sure that MR is all that knock kneed but the idea that the UT LV training and medical staff would have not recognized this condition and implemented this non-invasive treatment regimen is hmm, what is the word?, let me look it up, ah, here it is ludicrous.

And...as I orginally asked...what was the agenda of this thread. People needing to be negitive. The conversation...and I honestly doubt there really was 2 involved in it, was obviously a bashing of our senior leader and our coaches. The agenda for bringing it here was to bring some negitivity to a happy board. We have Merecedes, she is all Vol, there that is the difference, she is part of the biggest and the best basketball family at any level, anywhere. We are grateful for her and the Oregon pipeline she and Reynolds started.

Clearly you are upset LOL. First get your facts straight in Wilson's first year she came off the bench and that was Mitchell's and Welch's team that year. Since then she has been the "star".

I wasn't tearing Russell down I was just assuring CJ that there is no way she's the better post player out of the two.

Your correct it isn't her show because she was never the best player out of her class. She should be dominating in every aspect of the game but she isn't so stop with the excuses yes she played with talented players but even then she still hasn't played up to her billing.

There you go bringing up "next year". Of course after losing your star player you can expect growing pains but Dawn isn't new to this rodeo and I expect SC to be fine. But the same could be said for UT. Who replaces Russell? Or Nared? Yes Davis is good but Green, KK, and Harris has been far less than impressive against teams that doesn't even rank top 50 in RPI besides Marquette and OSU.

Oh and we will welcome Cooper once she becomes eligible. I think she had something in store for everyone who was trying to tear her down. Oh and Good luck Sunday versus Texas. They are legit and it looks like it might be a long day if your Vols don't cut down on the TOs.
We hope you like turnovers she is a master at them!

Clearly you have homerism as well! Name the likes of players Russell had to "share" the spotlight with or play behind during her time at UT compared to those that Wilson's had to.

Since Wilson arrived on campus it's essentially been her show.

You have Tiffany Mitchell, Alaina Coates, Alseigha Welch, Davis and Gray (who she only played 1 season with)

Russell had to sit behind or play with;

Izzy Harrison, Cierra Burdick, Diamond DeShields, Basharra Graves, Meighan Simmons, Jaime Nared, Ariel Massengil, Jordan Reynolds (and I haven't even included the talented freshman that's providing us close to 30 PPG if not more than that.)

It was Wilson's show the moment she agreed to play for SC as the #1 recruit. It wasn't Russell's show and you can say this is probably the first year it's been her show.

Staley's team's have always called for her 4 player to be the spotlight of her team dating back to her Temple days (Candace Dupree). The emphasis in her coaching philosophy has been to go to them first and then everything else happens.

Holly has tried to do the same with Russell but didn't have the luxury of that with all the other talent surrounding her.

They are two different players asked to provide 2 different things for their teams. Losing Russell would be a blow for us but I don't think it ends our season if Wilson is removed from SC that is it for yall.

Best of Luck with Te'a being eligible and replacing Wilson on the grad transfer circuit in the off-season.

Russell has had to deal with her foot issues when she first came to UT, which was unfortunate for her. She was arguably the #1 overall prospect for 2013 (some said DeShields, some said Davis), while Wilson was arguably the overall #1 for 2014 (some said ND's Turner). I'm glad to see her finally healthy and able to play to her true potential last season and thus far this year.

However, in Wilson's 3 years of play at USC, she's had to share responsibilities on the team with an SEC player of the year, five (5) 1st-team All-SEC picks, a 2nd-team All-SEC, and two (2) SEC All-Defensive team selections, all NOT named A'ja Wilson. Russell has spent her 3 years playing with three (3) 1st-team All-SEC picks, one 2nd-team All-SEC, and that's it. And in Wilson's first 2 years at USC, the offense has gone through Mitchell, not her. And yet while saying all that, Wilson is still on pace to set the career program record in points (only 384 points shy, currently), already easily owns the career record in blocked shots, and should finish in the top three all time in rebounds....

VN Store

Back