The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

Whew Dan Quinn hired another Cowboy assistant to be DC at Washington.

Good vibes Al Harris stays if not DC at least CO-DC..

This seems like a big downgrade to me. What is your take on it?
Blast from past for Jerry,
Mike was successful at Dallas once before hoping for lighting in a bottle.

Players I believe would have rather Al Harris got the position.
B- grade

Reactions: Vol423
Blast from past for Jerry,
Mike was successful at Dallas once before hoping for lighting in a bottle.

Players I believe would have rather Al Harris got the position.
B- grade
He was successful at Dallas living off of all that talent that Jimmy Johnson had acculumulated. It took just over a year for Barry Switzer to begin to run the team into the ground.

Reactions: knoxvol52
He was successful at Dallas living off of all that talent that Jimmy Johnson had acculumulated. It took just over a year for Barry Switzer to begin to run the team into the ground.
Zimmer did well as DC for the Bengals. That's what got him his head coach interviews and got him to the Vikings HC spot.

Jerry is comfortable with him I'm sure. And my buddy brought up something I hadn't considered on Al Harris. McCarthy probably would prefer an experienced DC since his job is on the line this year. And Jerry probably would too since he wants to win now.

Zimmer did well as DC for the Bengals. That's what got him his head coach interviews and got him to the Vikings HC spot.

Jerry is comfortable with him I'm sure. And my buddy brought up something I hadn't considered on Al Harris. McCarthy probably would prefer an experienced DC since his job is on the line this year. And Jerry probably would too since he wants to win now.
Jerry being comfortable with things has been working out so well for the Cowboys too.

Jerry says he does, but he has become averse to taking risks and loves making bad contract deals. The Rams actually did go "all in" and they won the super bowl. Jerry has not, and will not, go "all in". He went all in when he bought the team and hired Jimmy. He won't ever have the guts again.

Probably true. I'm not saying I think Zimmer will be a great hire for sure. Just commenting on why Jerry hired him.

I've said for years now that we won't win another SB with Jerry because he won't relinquish some control. So far I haven't seen anything that's made me think otherwise.

Probably true. I'm not saying I think Zimmer will be a great hire for sure. Just commenting on why Jerry hired him.

I've said for years now that we won't win another SB with Jerry because he won't relinquish some control. So far I haven't seen anything that's made me think otherwise.
Stephen trusts the scouts and actual football guys and has managed to convince his dad more and more frequently that their ideas are his own. That’s why they drafted Zach Martin over Johnny Football. Process failed last draft with the pick of Mazi Smith over dudes like Joey Porter Jr…don’t know if that was Jerry asserting himself or not.

Stephen trusts the scouts and actual football guys and has managed to convince his dad more and more frequently that their ideas are his own. That’s why they drafted Zach Martin over Johnny Football. Process failed last draft with the pick of Mazi Smith over dudes like Joey Porter Jr…don’t know if that was Jerry asserting himself or not.
Didn't need a CB.

Didn't need a CB.
Kinda did...after Diggs went down. Luckily Gilmore was signed and Bland was career yearing. In any case, Mazi was drafted a round or two early and Porter was a first round talent. They did NEED a TE. Ferguson worked out...how good would Sam LaPorta have worked with Dak?

Yeah. They should have definitely anticipated their #1 CB getting hurt. What else is in the crystal Ball
Yeah...depth is a thing you shoud wait for injuries before addressing. Noticed you parsed out the Sam LaPorta part..."definitely anticipate" that TE was a need?

Yeah...depth is a thing you shoud wait for injuries before addressing. Noticed you parsed out the Sam LaPorta part..."definitely anticipate" that TE was a need?
Don't need a TE either they have Ferguson. I'm not a big fan of taking "depth" players in the first few rounds of the draft. Thats where you draft positions of need.

VN Store

Back