The consequences of MAGA thinking: TN man planned to go to the border to personally commit violence against immigrants

I realize that folks on the board, no matter how strongly you feel about the border problem and who is to blame, etc., would never do something like this. But this reminds me of the guy that went into the pizza place intending to display force. It reminds me of various other vigilante-type incidents which have occurred in the last 4-5 years.

Just incredibly stupid thing to do. He needs to be imprisoned, hope the feds make an example of his kind of approach to solving our nation's problems.

So after reading the entire article this is an absolute joke and the fact that you started this thread is hilarious. So it took 3 feds pushing this guy to say what he said and basically coaxing him into taking some type of action so they could arrest him.

An armed vigilante threatening to join other militia, MAGA loons, to go and kill people as some sort of effort to attack the federal government, is a far cry from the crimes of the persons he was talking about.

I say prison, for the lot of them.
Fascism is alive and well in your house.

I realize that folks on the board, no matter how strongly you feel about the border problem and who is to blame, etc., would never do something like this. But this reminds me of the guy that went into the pizza place intending to display force. It reminds me of various other vigilante-type incidents which have occurred in the last 4-5 years.

Just incredibly stupid thing to do. He needs to be imprisoned, hope the feds make an example of his kind of approach to solving our nation's problems.
Rent free

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You need to go to the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Don't Read Good.

From the article...

Not even charged with anything to do with threats or the like. And this was the best thing the FBI could come up with?

That agency is truly a joke.
Based on the Hunter Biden precedent, he has nothing to worry about on a gun charge.

Based on the Hunter Biden precedent, he has nothing to worry about on a gun charge.

I'm pretty sure it's an NFA item. Chances are the dumbass slapped a short barrel upper on a standard AR lower. Or had an SBR upper without a pistol lower.

There's a message right there, kids.

Lol you truly are special if you are going to blame this on Trump. You can't seriously expect anybody to take you the least bit serious after this statement. This might be post to the year material LOL
Probably not a perfect bill but at least it was a start and it was BI-PARTISAN. But the right wing nutballs couldn’t take that. If you believe that Trump didn’t intimidate Johnson and the rest of the wuss House Republicans to do an about face on the bill, you are woefully naive. Everybody knows it’s because Trump is afraid that Biden will get some credit and he absolutely can’t take that. Wants to postpone any possible bill in case he gets elected by some fluke so that he can and will say that he did it all.

As usual with him, it’s a sham. Trump torpedoed the bi-partisan bill and it’s not up for debate. Anybody can see through it if they take the MAGA blinders off. This is exactly the kind of pettiness that turns people away from politics.

Probably not a perfect bill but at least it was a start and it was BI-PARTISAN. But the right wing nutballs couldn’t take that. If you believe that Trump didn’t intimidate Johnson and the rest of the wuss House Republicans to do an about face on the bill, you are woefully naive. Everybody knows it’s because Trump is afraid that Biden will get some credit and he absolutely can’t take that. Wants to postpone any possible bill in case he gets elected by some fluke so that he can and will say that he did it all.

As usual with him, it’s a sham. Trump torpedoed the bi-partisan bill and it’s not up for debate. Anybody can see through it if they take the MAGA blinders off. This is exactly the kind of pettiness that turns people away from politics.

1 R senator as a cosponsor does not make a bill bipartisan

U.S. border officials have tracked over 1 million illegal border encounters since October: 100,000 more than the same period last year. Below is the number of terrorists who have been caught at the border over the past 7 years. With 1 million people pouring in I wonder how many terrorists have actually made it across the border without being caught. And people like LG think this one off case where a guy gets coached by the FBI is thread worthy.

2017: 2
2018: 6
2019: 0
2020: 3
2021: 15
2022: 98
2023: 169

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I'm SO said one of our board MAGAs is now in federal custody.

So, so sad. Such a shame.... :D

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

The immigration laws on the books right now were passed on a BI-PARTISAN basis. Enforce them.

An armed vigilante threatening to join other militia, MAGA loons, to go and kill people as some sort of effort to attack the federal government, is a far cry from the crimes of the persons he was talking about.

Even for the FBI agents that goaded him into it?

As usual, you're ASSuming to much in this. No where in the article is MAGA mentioned. He could have been antifa.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

It was a BS deal that was anti-American. WTF are you talking about? If you want to blame/credit Trump, so what? It was a bad deal.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
LG is very pro-cop and I am not even sure where he stands on immigration. I would guess moderate on that topic. I think you're assuming too much here.

Continuing to carry the party narrative that Trump is to blame for the border fiasco is absurd.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You made a post. I answered. His stance on the border issue has been brought up in multiple threads.

No. You didn't answer my question. You're talking about Trump, not the border. The context is a cop beatdown by illegal immigrants in NY and that LG ignores that, not because he blames Trump for the border fiasco...that wouldn't make sense. Presumably it's because LG is an open-borders pro-illegal immigrant bleeding heart liberal, which I don't think he is. I bet he's a moderate. I bet, more or less, he wants a secure border and to rein in illegal immigration while loosening restrictions a bit.

Making it about Trump doesn't tell us where he stands on the border.

No. You didn't answer my question. You're talking about Trump, not the border. The context is a cop beatdown by illegal immigrants in NY and that LG ignores that, not because he blames Trump for the border fiasco...that wouldn't make sense. Presumably it's because LG is an open-borders pro-illegal immigrant bleeding heart liberal, which I don't think he is. I bet he's a moderate. I bet, more or less, he wants a secure border and to rein in illegal immigration while loosening restrictions a bit.

Making it about Trump doesn't tell us where he stands on the border.

LG starts threads that benefit the left party narrative and ignores topics that challenge that narrative. Trying to understand or discussing why is not necessary. It's mostly propaganda that's posted.

VN Store

Back