The consequences of MAGA thinking: TN man planned to go to the border to personally commit violence against immigrants

lawgator1

A Tennessee man was arrested Monday after allegedly telling undercover FBI agents about his desire to travel to the US-Mexico border to “conduct acts of violence,” according to a criminal complaint.

During the meeting, the complaint said, Faye told the agents about “his belief that the government was training to take on its citizens, and more specifically, that the federal government was allowing illegal immigrants to enter the United States to help the government.”

“The patriots are going to rise up because we are being invaded,” Faye had said May 11 in a recorded phone call with the undercover agent. “We are being invaded.”
During another in-person meeting on December 14, Faye discussed with the undercover agent plans to travel to the southern border in coordination with militia groups from Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee “to transport explosive devices to the border without law enforcement detection,” the complaint said.

I realize that folks on the board, no matter how strongly you feel about the border problem and who is to blame, etc., would never do something like this. But this reminds me of the guy that went into the pizza place intending to display force. It reminds me of various other vigilante-type incidents which have occurred in the last 4-5 years.

Just incredibly stupid thing to do. He needs to be imprisoned, hope the feds make an example of his kind of approach to solving our nation's problems.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
Not his point. His point is when you make a thread and don't. Which also shows how concerned you actually are about the border. You aren't. You are concerned about a losing issue for Biden. Same as Biden himself. Doesn't give a F about the border problem. Aside from the fact he's going to get roasted for it.

On June 14, 2017, a gunman walked onto a baseball field at Eugene Simpson Park in Alexandria, Virginia, opening fire on politicians and wounding House GOP Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana and four others.

The representatives had been practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. James Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old man, asked a passing congressman—South Carolina’s Jeff Duncan—whether Republicans or Democrats were on the field practicing. Once he received confirmation that the Republican representatives were the ones playing ball, Hodgkinson fired off 60 rounds into the unsuspecting elected officials.

A call to police went out shortly after 7 as the political officials scrambled for cover. When officers arrived on the scene, they exchanged fire with the suspect, running towards him while dodging the spray of bullets, and eventually killing him. Unfortunately, Hodgkinson’s damage had already been done.

Subsequent investigations revealed Hodgkinson as a man with a clear hatred for Republicans. He had arrived at the field in a white van—he was living out of it—with his legally purchased rifle and a list of six conservative members of congress, presumably his targets.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
On June 14, 2017, a gunman walked onto a baseball field at Eugene Simpson Park in Alexandria, Virginia, opening fire on politicians and wounding House GOP Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana and four others.

The representatives had been practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. James Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old man, asked a passing congressman—South Carolina’s Jeff Duncan—whether Republicans or Democrats were on the field practicing. Once he received confirmation that the Republican representatives were the ones playing ball, Hodgkinson fired off 60 rounds into the unsuspecting elected officials.

A call to police went out shortly after 7 as the political officials scrambled for cover. When officers arrived on the scene, they exchanged fire with the suspect, running towards him while dodging the spray of bullets, and eventually killing him. Unfortunately, Hodgkinson’s damage had already been done.

Subsequent investigations revealed Hodgkinson as a man with a clear hatred for Republicans. He had arrived at the field in a white van—he was living out of it—with his legally purchased rifle and a list of six conservative members of congress, presumably his targets.

Not relevant

Not his point. His point is when you make a thread and don't. Which also shows how concerned you actually are about the border. You aren't. You are concerned about a losing issue for Biden. Same as Biden himself. Doesn't give a F about the border problem. Aside from the fact he's going to get roasted for it.

An armed vigilante threatening to join other militia, MAGA loons, to go and kill people as some sort of effort to attack the federal government, is a far cry from the crimes of the persons he was talking about.

I say prison, for the lot of them.

I realize that folks on the board, no matter how strongly you feel about the border problem and who is to blame, etc., would never do something like this. But this reminds me of the guy that went into the pizza place intending to display force. It reminds me of various other vigilante-type incidents which have occurred in the last 4-5 years.

Just incredibly stupid thing to do. He needs to be imprisoned, hope the feds make an example of his kind of approach to solving our nation's problems.

Does it remind you of the guy who fire bombed an ICE facility or the Bernie campaign worker who shot at republicans during a baseball practice?

Agree with you, horrible situation and that guy was killed by law enforcement. No question there.

That of course does not justify MAGA nutjobs engaging in criminal acts, too.

Agree with you, horrible situation and that guy was killed by law enforcement. No question there.

Hey, slick, tell me how those BLM/Antifa peaceful protests helped by burning down many american cities that justify democrat nutjobs seem to fund money & back their causes. It's not just MAGA supporters only. You think your side is always justified in it's violence.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

If Lawgoober was alive during the Revolutionary War I have zero doubt he would side with King George.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman and NEO
An armed vigilante threatening to join other militia, MAGA loons, to go and kill people as some sort of effort to attack the federal government, is a far cry from the crimes of the persons he was talking about.

I say prison, for the lot of them.

So...

Did he actually do anything or is this yet another FBI Division of Precrime arrest just because he said he was going to do something bad?

People talk a lot of crap. Doesn't mean they are going to do it. I want to see them prove intent.

Hey, slick, tell me how those BLM/Antifa peaceful protests helped by burning down many american cities that justify democrat nutjobs seem to fund money & back their causes.

It doesn't.

Nor should this yahoo be joining militia forces to go down to kill them some Mexicans. Surely, you would agree.

So...

Did he actually do anything or is this yet another FBI Division of Precrime arrest just because he said he was going to do something bad?

People talk a lot of crap. Doesn't mean they are going to do it. I want to see them prove intent.

Sure.

Article did not discuss much on that. I imagine he took some sort of affirmative steps, else he wouldn't have caught their attention like he did. Preferably, he will rat out the other militia loons he was planning with and cut his sentence from 15 years to 10.

It doesn't.

Nor should this yahoo be joining militia forces to go down to kill them some Mexicans. Surely, you would agree.
Yeah, I don't for one second condone with what he's doing at all. He's a major idiot that probably just snapped & wanted to do something besides sitting still & seeing the constant flow of illegals entering by breaking the laws of the land..

Let me preface this by saying what he was allegedly planning was absolutely criminal. But I will also say what's also sad is the fact that the feds (and people like you) are more concerned about a man who is "allegedly" discussing taking matters into his own hands then they are concerned about illegals (many who are actual criminals and possibly terrorists) who are pouring into our country by the thousands every single day. The amount of murders and crimes that will be committed by a small percentage of these illegals is not even comparable to what this man was supposedly planning. We all saw how many feds were directly involved in creating the Michigan/Whitmer kidnapping plot. I am sure there was absolutely no coaxing on the part of the fbi agents here.

Let me preface this by saying what he was allegedly planning was absolutely criminal. But I will also say what's also sad is the fact that the feds (and people like you) are more concerned about a man who is "allegedly" discussing taking matters into his own hands then they are concerned about illegals (many who are actual criminals and possibly terrorists) who are pouring into our country by the thousands every single day. The amount of murders and crimes that will be committed by a small percentage of these illegals is not even comparable to what this man was supposedly planning. We all saw how many feds were directly involved in creating the Michigan/Whitmer kidnapping plot. I am sure there was absolutely no coaxing on the part of the fbi agents here.

I'm not more concerned about him and neither are the feds. In fact, if the border bill could have been passed (Trump killed it) then there'd be more agents, specific triggers to shut the border down, an end to catch and release, expedited asylum claims, and other additional mechanisms to impede illegal immigration.

But Trump killed it.

more

I'm not more concerned about him and neither are the feds. In fact, if the border bill could have been passed (Trump killed it) then there'd be more agents, specific triggers to shut the border down, an end to catch and release, expedited asylum claims, and other additional mechanisms to impede illegal immigration.

But Trump killed it.

more

Oh really?

You mean the 1.5 million illegals allowed in per year "trigger" was a good thing?

Adding $100B for Ukraine into that bill was a good thing?

Tying our national security to the Israeli-Hamas war was needed in that bill?

That bill was horrible and did not shut down anything.

ETA: I need to math more.

Last edited:
Sure.

Article did not discuss much on that. I imagine he took some sort of affirmative steps, else he wouldn't have caught their attention like he did. Preferably, he will rat out the other militia loons he was planning with and cut his sentence from 15 years to 10.

You need to go to the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Don't Read Good.

From the article...

According to the criminal complaint, Faye is charged with “possession or transfer of a non-registered firearm,” which holds a maximum fine of $250,000 and a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

Not even charged with anything to do with threats or the like. And this was the best thing the FBI could come up with?

That agency is truly a joke.

But Trump killed it.

more

But Trump killed it.

more
Lol you truly are special if you are going to blame this on Trump. You can't seriously expect anybody to take you the least bit serious after this statement. This might be post to the year material LOL

Yet the illegals who beat up the cops are free on bail and running around loose…..and did you start a thread for that??? Nope. And why??? Cause you’re still a party agenda hack.

LG is very pro-cop and I am not even sure where he stands on immigration. I would guess moderate on that topic. I think you're assuming too much here.

Lol you truly are special if you are going to blame this on Trump. You can't seriously expect anybody to take you the least bit serious after this statement. This might be post to the year material LOL
After all, LG's eat up with his TDS. Can't eat; can't sleep; can't function like any normal person. It's always Trump 24/7 w/these loons. Trump is out of office for 3 & half years & they still think he's POTUS. They haven't realized a dementia patient democrat is in the Oval Office.

VN Store

Back