The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

Tyrod Taylor is a good QB. Rex Grossman 2.0 won't beat him out.

So, despite this thread that you've started lamenting the Browns' incompetence, you're going to ignore that incompetence and assume that they won't play the guy they just drafted first overall.

So, despite this thread that you've started lamenting the Browns' incompetence, you're going to ignore that incompetence and assume that they won't play the guy they just drafted first overall.

Tyrod Taylor led his team to the playoffs last year. He's been to the Pro Bowl. He's no Tom Savage or Mike Glennon. Browns won't just hand the job to Mayfield. He's gonna need Tyrod to struggle to get on the field. And that won't happen with the weapons the Browns have drafted.

Josh Gordon
Antonio Callaway
David Njoku
Nick Chubb
Carlos Hyde

Those are some really good weapons. Tyrod Taylor will have a very good season next year as the Browns starting QB. At most, the Browns will do what the Chiefs did and trade Tyrod at the end of the season if they like how Mayfield is developing ala Patrick Mahomes. However, if he's struggling, it could be a situation like Tim Tebow where Mayfield doesn't even start in year 2 as Tyrod continues to play well.

Tyrod Taylor will not be easily supplanted like Tom Savage and Mike Glennon.

Tyrod Taylor led his team to the playoffs last year. He's been to the Pro Bowl. He's no Tom Savage or Mike Glennon. Browns won't just hand the job to Mayfield. He's gonna need Tyrod to struggle to get on the field. And that won't happen with the weapons the Browns have drafted.

Josh Gordon
Antonio Callaway
David Njoku
Nick Chubb
Carlos Hyde

Those are some really good weapons. Tyrod Taylor will have a very good season next year as the Browns starting QB. At most, the Browns will do what the Chiefs did and trade Tyrod at the end of the season if they like how Mayfield is developing ala Patrick Mahomes. However, if he's struggling, it could be a situation like Tim Tebow where Mayfield doesn't even start in year 2 as Tyrod continues to play well.

Tyrod Taylor will not be easily supplanted like Tom Savage and Mike Glennon.

The two WRs are potheads who can't stay on the field. How good is the Browns' offensive line?

Honestly, I think they got it right with Baker. Now, a terrible pick was Nick Chubb

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't really overly impressed with any of the highly-drafted QBs. The flaws in each are pretty apparent, but that doesn't mean by any means that none of them will be good. Mayfield looks like your prototypical "college QB." Darnold and Rosen look like prototypical NFL QBs but kind of underwhelmed in college, especially Rosen. Allen is big and has a rocket for an arm but has no idea where it's going. Jackson was an electrifying college QB but just kind of runs around all over the place before slinging the ball somewhere.

People poked tons of holes in Goff and Wentz; Goff has already made a Pro Bowl and Wentz would have likely won MVP for a Super Bowl-winning team last year.

The only college QB I've ever seen who looked like a lock they'd be great in the NFL is Andrew Luck. I've heard people say that about Peyton too, and I certainly watched him play in college, but I was just a kid. It is such a hard position to scout; probably the hardest.

I’ll add Matt Ryan . If u watched him play u knew he would be a great Quarterback in college . He was making impossible throws perfect

I expect the analytics nerds to say Josh Allen is an outlier after he becomes the best QB in this draft rather than admitting that their reliance on stats is wrong.

I'll trust my eyes watching tape over some nerdy math formula anyday of the week.

He would be an outlier. There is literally not one thing he has done that says he will be successful or even should have been drafted for that matter. His ceiling is Jay Cutler. He is strictly a Mel Kiper hype product.

I expect the analytics nerds to say Josh Allen is an outlier after he becomes the best QB in this draft rather than admitting that their reliance on stats is wrong.

I'll trust my eyes watching tape over some nerdy math formula anyday of the week.

The only way to think Allen balling out wouldn't be a statistical outlier would be to not understand the definition of statistical outlier.

He would be an outlier. There is literally not one thing he has done that says he will be successful or even should have been drafted for that matter. His ceiling is Jay Cutler. He is strictly a Mel Kiper hype product.

He reminds me of Ryan Leaf or a Jamarcus Russell type. I see the ceiling being Joe Flacco.

I see two different possible outcomes . One he learns to be a little more humble and can be Drew Brees Lite or two he stays the same and becomes Johnny Manziel 2.0

Reactions: 1 person

I don't care about Mel Kiper. And I don't care about stats. I trust my eyes and I watch the film.

Based on his film, Josh Allen is potentially the most impressive QB prospect I've ever seen. He makes the impossible throws look easy and he makes some throw no one else in the history of football can make. He's also pretty athletic and can run. Intangibles will be the key for him. If he's motivated for greatness, he can be one of the best ever.

Josh Allen's FLOOR is Jay Cutler. His CEILING is a more athletic Dan Marino.

The people betting against this kid are gonna look really stupid. Maybe as soon as next season.

He's potentially better than Josh Dobbs, the Michael Jordan of football?

Josh Allen is more talented physically. Its always been the intangibles paired with the physical talent that had me high on Josh Dobbs.

For example LeBron James is the most physically talented basketball player I've ever seen. But he's not the best because his intangibles don't compare to a guy like Michael Jordan who accomplished more because of a superior killer instict.

Dobbs has that Jordan-esque killer instinct and intangibles to be the best ever. I don't think Josh Allen has those intangibles. Thus, I would take Dobbs over him even though I know Allen is more talented.

I don't care about Mel Kiper. And I don't care about stats. I trust my eyes and I watch the film.

Based on his film, Josh Allen is potentially the most impressive QB prospect I've ever seen. He makes the impossible throws look easy and he makes some throw no one else in the history of football can make. He's also pretty athletic and can run. Intangibles will be the key for him. If he's motivated for greatness, he can be one of the best ever.

The people betting against this kid are gonna look really stupid. Maybe as soon as next season.

And what about all the throws he misses with his horrible completion percentage? Maybe you should watch more than the highlights

Reactions: 2 people
Josh Allen is more talented physically. Its always been the intangibles paired with the physical talent that had me high on Josh Dobbs.

For example LeBron James is the most physically talented basketball player I've ever seen. But he's not the best because his intangibles don't compare to a guy like Michael Jordan who accomplished more because of a superior killer instict.

Dobbs has that Jordan-esque killer instinct and intangibles to be the best ever. I don't think Josh Allen has those intangibles. Thus, I would take Dobbs over him even though I know Allen is more talented.

“Neither are the best”-Oscar Robertson

OMG This is hilarious. Chalk one more up for D4. :good!:

And what about all the throws he misses with his horrible completion percentage? Maybe you should watch more than the highlights

That’s all he has access to...like the rest of us. :)

I like Marino so it pains me to type this. Marino went to 1 super bowl, and lost. He put up monster stats, but that didn't translate into championships. If that's what you like, fine.

Based on your "facts" Allen will be the GOAT. Based on what I have seen and read, he's the single biggest boom/bust in this draft. You see him being at worst Jay Cutler, I see him at worst being JaMarcus Russell. You see his best being Marion, I see his best (and probably closest comparison) being Jeff George.

I hope he does well. I don't want to see any of these guys fail. I just don't see it.

Nobody should trust their eyes that much. It's a fact of science that our perception of what we see is seriously flawed.

The Sneaky Tricks Of Your Lying Eyes – Personal Growth – Medium

Reactions: 1 person

He didn't accomplish more. He had more team championships, but overall, he will not have accomplished more.

Intangibles, like mentally breaking and leaving his team high and dry during his prime?

Lebron doesn't even know who his Father is and his Mother is a mess, yet he is a model of professionalism and he has the intangibles to deal with more external pressure than any athlete in sports history. He's had as consistent production as anybody who has ever played, and he's delivered 3 championships with probably 5 of the top 10 greatest finals performances ever.

Hahahahahaha out of all the things in this thread this is by far the funniest

Lol I love Oscar Robertson. Averaged a triple double for an entire season before the shot clock era. Most impressive thing ever

I’m more surprised Allen was picked over Rosen

I have a hard time expecting much from Rosen for some reason, but he had the most moments where he looked like an NFL QB.

It's going to be pretty sad for the Jets and the Bills if he ends up being the best of the bunch and they both traded up to pass on him, when they could have traded back.

VN Store

Back