The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

Baker Mayfield is a college QB. Josh Allen is an NFL QB.

When will y'all learn these are two different things.

Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL. Baker Mayfield not so much.

The same Josh Allen who was the honorable mention all Mountain West quarterback. Lol. Definitely screen shorting this ridiculous post.

Baker Mayfield is a college QB. Josh Allen is an NFL QB.

When will y'all learn these are two different things.

Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL. Baker Mayfield not so much.
Says the kid that props Josh Dobbs up like the second coming of Tom Brady.

The same Josh Allen who was the honorable mention all Mountain West quarterback. Lol. Definitely screen shorting this ridiculous post.

I don't know why you would waste your time. Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL. I hope his success will teach you that college stats are irrelevant to NFL success of failure.

Skilled individuals like myself studying the tape are the best way to know whether a guy will be good or not in the NFL.

I don't know why you would waste your time. Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL. I hope his success will teach you that college stats are irrelevant to NFL success of failure.

Skilled individuals like myself studying the tape are the best way to know whether a guy will be good or not in the NFL.

Skilled individuals like the actual professionals at pro football focus who have him as the 6th overall qb due to his accuracy issues?

Attachments

• D321CE35-7EB2-4760-AF15-3E3595A6BA7B.jpeg
    D321CE35-7EB2-4760-AF15-3E3595A6BA7B.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person
Skilled individuals like the actual professionals at pro football focus who have him as the 6th overall qb due to his accuracy issues?

Mason Rudolph huh? Steelers got a steal! :)

Yeah I normally ignore and joke around with you sometimes, but I'm a huge Browns fan...

I know you don't open your opinions to the influences of others regardless of points they may make so I won't waste my time..

But between this and Dobbs being the best QB in last years draft I'm just going to wait it out..

Josh Allen and Dobbs will be elite at some point, you seem VERY overly confident in that... so I will be holding you to those stat lines..

Regardless, Browns had a solid draft, would of like of had Chubb, but I'll trust Dorsey..

ALSO if you want to hate Haslam for being an awful owner, he bought them in 2012... that's only 5 years to turn around a multi-million dollar company that is the Aeropostle of the NFL. Chill.

Best decision the Browns have made since drafting Jim Brown in 1957.

Antonio Callaway will be the best receiver in the NFL very soon.

Also:

Josh Allen had only FOUR games with 2+ TD passes in 2017. The opponents? The combined 9-37 forces of Texas State, New Mexico, Central Michigan and Gardner-Webb (whatever that is). Outside of Central Michigan, the other three schools COMBINED have four players active in the NFL today. CMU has a good player once in a while - they have 8 in the NFL, including Antonio Brown.

So, if we were to remove those four games against abysmal talent, his stats against non-miserable competition would be:

89/167 (53.3%) for 877 yards and 4 TD with 6 picks. In seven games. With the most passing yards at 208 in ANY game. 125 yards a game passing against quality competition. Guys and gals, that is absolutely terrible.

I get becoming obsessed with height and arm strength. This is a whole different level of stupidity. Even Derek Anderson and Deshone Kizer had big games against top competition.

If we bypass Darnold, Mayfield, and *gulp* even Rosen for an oft-injured *worse* Derek Anderson clone, we are the dumbest franchise in sports.

- Quote not from me, but a Browns forum.

The Josh Allen thing is simple: You don’t draft a qb under 60% completion percentage. Josh wasn’t even that close at 56%.

He’s a bigger Kyle Boller

The same thing analysts said about Josh Allen is the same thing everyone said about Jake Locker

The same thing analysts said about Josh Allen is the same thing everyone said about Jake Locker

Two different players. Locker was more legendary for his mobility and he was a SURPRISE top 10 pick. Some didn’t have him as a 1st round pick.

Two different players. Locker was more legendary for his mobility and he was a SURPRISE top 10 pick. Some didn’t have him as a 1st round pick.

His lackluster senior year dropped his draft stock somewhat (despite still going #8 overall). But the year before, he was widely regarded as the top QB in his class and a probable #1 pick had he declared.

I wasn't really overly impressed with any of the highly-drafted QBs. The flaws in each are pretty apparent, but that doesn't mean by any means that none of them will be good. Mayfield looks like your prototypical "college QB." Darnold and Rosen look like prototypical NFL QBs but kind of underwhelmed in college, especially Rosen. Allen is big and has a rocket for an arm but has no idea where it's going. Jackson was an electrifying college QB but just kind of runs around all over the place before slinging the ball somewhere.

People poked tons of holes in Goff and Wentz; Goff has already made a Pro Bowl and Wentz would have likely won MVP for a Super Bowl-winning team last year.

The only college QB I've ever seen who looked like a lock they'd be great in the NFL is Andrew Luck. I've heard people say that about Peyton too, and I certainly watched him play in college, but I was just a kid. It is such a hard position to scout; probably the hardest.

Jarvis Landry
Antonio Callaway
Nick Chubb

Browns offense got some good pieces in the last month

I expect Tyrod Taylor to start game 1 and I think he could do well with this team and potentially keep mayfield on the bench for at least the first 10-12 weeks then maybe wanna see what they got in mayfield after Taylor has some lackluster games

I kind of hate the Denzel Ward pick but OSU has some good DBs in the league right now so who knows he could be another one and if he’s as good as lattimore was last year it’s a good pick

Last edited:

VN Store

Back