The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will bet you anything you want that Pearl will never coach basketball at the University of Tennessee ever again.

Again, if you think otherwise, then you haven't done your homework and know what went down with the NCAA. Tell me again how many coaches have ever gone back to the school where they got a show cause. If your answer was between zero and zero then you would be correct.

Only one coach made it back to D1 and he was only a fair coach. Pearl has a great record of winning over many years.
I do question why a university board member and heavy donor would give him a high salaried job and then tell him to coach HS ball if he wanted.

Only one coach made it back to D1 and he was only a fair coach. Pearl has a great record of winning over many years.
I do question why a university board member and heavy donor would give him a high salaried job and then tell him to coach HS ball if he wanted.

He's not coming back to UT unless it's on the opponent's sideline. The NCAA will see to it that UT is crippled if he does. Bank on it.

He's not coming back to UT unless it's on the opponent's sideline. The NCAA will see to it that UT is crippled if he does. Bank on it.

That would be a good thing if the NCAA did that because it would be actionable at law. We could stop worrying about all the buyouts Hamilton got us into.

Who is he? Hart? The NCAA does what it wants. That has been abundantly clear for awhile now.

I never said pearl should or would be hired....but we need to grow a pair and stand up to the NCAA if a man pays for his crime and the NCAA states he is legal to be hired again but then tried to punish us for hiring him. We don't need to be their b$tch and take it.

I never said pearl should or would be hired....but we need to grow a pair and stand up to the NCAA if a man pays for his crime and the NCAA states he is legal to be hired again but then tried to punish us for hiring him. We don't need to be their b$tch and take it.

Solid

OK, you gonna foot the bill to sue the NCAA?

I'm sure that would go over just swell. Our campus would be crawling with NCAA investigators snooping around waiting for the next slip up. You do realize that UT is currently on probation don't you? One screw up and they could get some sanctions that could set the program back even further.

To even entertain the idea that Pearl should/could/would get hired is ludicrous. It's never going to happen. It's funny to see people so clueless to think it's even remotely possible though.

I'm sure that would go over just swell. Our campus would be crawling with NCAA investigators snooping around waiting for the next slip up. You do realize that UT is currently on probation don't you? One screw up and they could get some sanctions that could set the program back even further.

To even entertain the idea that Pearl should/could/would get hired is ludicrous. It's never going to happen. It's funny to see people so clueless to think it's even remotely possible though.

Will we hire him? No.....could we hire him within NCAA rules? Yes......if pearl wants to coach again someone will hire him.

You do realize that the NCAA trying to pull stuff like that is why the major conferences talked about possibly splitting off and starting their own organization.

Yes I would fight them no matter what the cost bc we should not allow them to run over us.....trust me the NCAA would not want to foot the bill to fight that in court either.

Will we hire him? No.....could we hire him within NCAA rules? Yes......if pearl wants to coach again someone will hire him.

You do realize that the NCAA trying to pull stuff like that is why the major conferences talked about possibly splitting off and starting their own organization.

Yes I would fight them no matter what the cost bc we should not allow them to run over us.....trust me the NCAA would not want to foot the bill to fight that in court either.

Pearl is going to get hired by someone because he wins. It just won't be at UT.

I don't disagree there. I hate the NCAA. They're a totalitarian regime that rules as they see fit. They're a joke. That would be the only way Pearl could come back to UT is if all the schools broke away and formed their own organization. I don't see that happening though.

You seem to forget that we have courts of law to address being run over by a governing body.
If the NCAA joined in a vendetta mentality against us they would not be absent malice and the financial penalties for them would be enormous.

Why would you fight the NCAA on behalf of Bruce Pearl when history tells you that he'd just do it again? And if he did do it again, he's not conniving enough to get away with it. He wins, but not on a level where I'd want to go to the mat for him.

Reactions: 1 person
You seem to forget that we have courts of law to address being run over by a governing body.
If the NCAA joined in a vendetta mentality against us they would not be absent malice and the financial penalties for them would be enormous.

Show me one institution that rehired a coach after a show cause and then successfully sued the NCAA.

Our program would look like an intramural program while we battled it out in court.

Show me one institution that rehired a coach after a show cause and then successfully sued the NCAA.

Our program would look like an intramural program while we battled it out in court.

The NCAA would have to do a double jeopardy on an institution before there is cause to sue. Only one other coach has come back from a show cause and he was not in the same breath of being the coach Pearl is.

The NCAA would have to do a double jeopardy on an institution before there is cause to sue. Only one other coach has come back from a show cause and he was not in the same breath of being the coach Pearl is.

And he didn't go back to the same school. UT is never going to hire him again so this is basically a pointless conversation.

There aren't going to be many schools willing to take the PR hit from hiring Pearl. He'll go to a lower tier school and coach there for a few years before he gets back to a major school. Hell, he might enjoy sitting in the booth and talking about hoops and making money and being stress free too.

And he didn't go back to the same school. UT is never going to hire him again so this is basically a pointless conversation.

There aren't going to be many schools willing to take the PR hit from hiring Pearl. He'll go to a lower tier school and coach there for a few years before he gets back to a major school. Hell, he might enjoy sitting in the booth and talking about hoops and making money and being stress free too.

He might at that. Meanwhile we are stuck with a dead from the neck up coach with no prospects of getting better.

Bruce was a great coach and yes, he does still bleed orange. I do not ever see him getting hired back by tenn,Too many lies and the ncaa watch dogs would be all over the program,just waiting for a screw up in any sport.

I miss Pearl too! Everyone needs a second chance and the guy could win games. Think about it only coach to have our beloved basketvols ranked number 1 in the country for a week.

Bruce was a great coach and yes, he does still bleed orange. I do not ever see him getting hired back by tenn,Too many lies and the ncaa watch dogs would be all over the program,just waiting for a screw up in any sport.

Yep, I would hate for the NCAA to give us a postseason ban in football or bball. I've been enjoying our bowl games and tournament appearances the last couple of years haha.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back