The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Vazquez-Melky Cabrera trade is looking worse and worse each day. I know Vazquez has gotten off to a slow start but, Cabrera has been nothing short of awful.

I think the pitching will come around. The offense, however, is not going to improve with Troy Glaus hitting 6th and continually killing potential rallies. The top of the order is rough, but the middle is just not going to scare any pitching staff.

They didn't trade "for" Cabrera; they dumped Vazquez's salary. Once the Braves signed Hudson, there was no way Vazquez was coming back. It was either/or. Lowe's contract and 2009 performance made him untradeable, The main component of the trade from the Braves' persepctive isn't Cabrera, it's pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino. Who is off to a slow start at Rome, but all reports are that that guy has electric stuff. But the point of the trade wasn't really even to get anything back; it was just to get rid of Vazquez's salary once Hudson had re-upped. This is life with the Braves in the post-Ted Turner era.

Glaus is a product of the same dynamic. It's hard to root for a team that won't even talk seriously with Adam LaRoche, because they assume he's going to want a multi-year deal, and then settles for The Zombie of Troy Glaus instead. This is an organization who is pushing all their chips behind a 1B prospect who hasn't done anything higher than high A ball because they're too cheap to entertain seriously the possibility that Freeman isn't a can't miss prospect like Heyward. If Freeman isn't a productive hitter in Atlanta next year, then Wren has screwed up very badly.

So how come the current Braves can't hit but ex-Braves can? | Mark Bradley

I've been saying this for the last couple years... I don't think Pendelton is the whole problem, but I do not think he brings very much, if anything, to the table. The approach by Braves' hitters is horrible and now that guys like Kelly Johnson and Casey Kotchman are hitting after leaving the Braves, there is some stats to show Pendelton just isn't very good. I've never been a fan of his and even less of one now.

I always said KJ was too good of a hitter to let go. I understand Prado has been lights out but they should have shifted KJ back to OF, his original position.

So how come the current Braves can't hit but ex-Braves can? | Mark Bradley

I've been saying this for the last couple years... I don't think Pendelton is the whole problem, but I do not think he brings very much, if anything, to the table. The approach by Braves' hitters is horrible and now that guys like Kelly Johnson and Casey Kotchman are hitting after leaving the Braves, there is some stats to show Pendelton just isn't very good. I've never been a fan of his and even less of one now.
Pendelton is a joke, but what's worse is that he'll probably be the next manager.

I always said KJ was too good of a hitter to let go. I understand Prado has been lights out but they should have shifted KJ back to OF, his original position.
OF was not his original position. He played 2nd base until he got to the majors when they stuck him in LF out of necessity.

Honestly, I don't see how they could have tendered him a contract last year after the way he fell on his face.

Last edited:
The Braves just scored multiple runs in an inning and Troy Glaus got a 2 out RBI. The planets must be aligned.

Holy cow! It's gotten even crazier. Melky Cabrera just led off an inning with a hit???

Facepalm.jpg

A very concerning quote: "We're doing a lot of things good" - Bobby Cox after last night's blown lead.

What exactly are the Braves doing good at the moment? A 6-game losing streak and they're doing things good? I hope he's kidding.

You know it's bad when the offensive highlight from the game on the Braves website is a sac fly.

Now the bullpen is failing. Inexcusible walks and lack of agression going after hitters. The pitching is still a alot better than the offense though. Even last night the hits were seeing eye singles. Melky got a single that should have been caught, Glaus snuck one inside 3b line, Diaz hit the ball 10 feet and got a single....point is nobody is making solid contact on the ball consistantly.

A very concerning quote: "We're doing a lot of things good" - Bobby Cox after last night's blown lead.

What exactly are the Braves doing good at the moment? A 6-game losing streak and they're doing things good? I hope he's kidding.

You know it's bad when the offensive highlight from the game on the Braves website is a sac fly.

I dont know if he is watching the same games that we are. The team I am watching is making grade school errors fielding, cant hit, cant hit, cant hit, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back