The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJC reports Braves will platoon again at first base. I hate that. If you are a lefty and can't hit left handed pitching, how did you make it to the majors??????

Hampton is a bust.

I think this is a great trade for the Braves. LaRoche was a good player, yes, but we need help in the bullpen and Gonzo will really help out the pen and a lot believe he can been an all star. I had a chance to see Scott Thorman in spring training last year and dude is a beast. I think he'll be more productive than LaRoche ever would have been.

Predict the batting order for the 2007 Braves!

LF: Ryan Langerhans
SS: Edgar Renteria
3B: Chipper Jones
CF: Andrew Jones
RF: Jeff Francoeur
C: Brian McCann
1B: Scott Thorman
2B: Kelly Johnson

Pitching Rotation:
1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Mike Hampton
4. Chuck James
5. Kyle Davies

:rock:

I think they'd really like to see Kelly Johnson in the leadoff spot. Langerhans never has quite been able to be consistent enough at the plate.

AJC reports Braves will platoon again at first base. I hate that. If you are a lefty and can't hit left handed pitching, how did you make it to the majors??????

Hampton is a bust.

AJC is reporting that Schurholz has indicated that they don't think they would have to platoon Thorman at first.

Pitching Rotation:
1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Mike Hampton
4. Chuck James
5. Kyle Davies

I think Johnson will leadoff. Especially with Wilson sharing ab's with Langrhans. Also flip-flop Francoeur and McCann in the order.

Pitching Rotation:
1. John Smoltz
2. Tim Hudson
3. Mike Hampton
4. Chuck James
5. Kyle Davies

I can see this and like the other guy said Frenchy and McCann will probably flip flop depending on the pitcher.

McCann is more consistent than Frenchy would like to see him 5th. Is Langerhans quick enough to be a leadoff man?

McCann is more consistent than Frenchy would like to see him 5th. Is Langerhans quick enough to be a leadoff man?

Probably quick enough, but I don't think he gets on base enough to seriously consider him much of an option at leadoff.

Who else on the roster could handle it? are the Braves going to go look for a leadoff hitter/ second basemen?

Supposedly Kelly Johnson has been converted back to his natural position at 2nd base and will be given every opportunity to play 2nd and leadoff.

It is still aggrevatin when u have teams that are willing to spend millions on top notch players..and then u have teams like the braves u live and die by their farm teams...i think its at a point where it may be running a bit dry...but i do agree with they need bullpen more than anything, so this laroche trade may end up for the best

Anybody know when the TV schedule comes out for them? Since that new rule or whatever, TBS can't show them as much, which sucks. I always knew where they were on TV. Oh well.

The new rule really doesn't affect total games shown until 2008. Here's how it looks for 2007.
BRAVES' 2007 TV LINEUP
• TBS (70 games): Chip Caray is scheduled to call play-by-play on all 70 games, joined by analyst Joe Simpson on at least 50, Skip Caray on 10 and a guest analyst on up to 10 late-season games. (The guest analysts likely will come from announcers who'll call postseason games on TBS.) Marc Fein again will be studio host, providing updates and highlights from around the majors.
• SportSouth (55 games): Newcomer Jon Sciambi, former Florida Marlins broadcaster, is scheduled to call play-by-play on all 55 games, with Simpson as analyst.
• FSN South (25 games): Sciambi will call play-by-play, with Simpson as analyst.
• Radio (162 games): Van Wieren is scheduled to call all 162 games and will be joined by Skip Caray on 120, with one of the other TV announcers filling in on the rest.
(Note: The 12 Braves games not scheduled for TBS, SportSouth or FSN South likely will be picked up by ESPN's or Fox's national packages.)

In 2008, the number of games on TBS drops down to something like 40. The other games not shown on SS or FSN will be still be shown locally and some may be picked up by TBS as part of their national package.

The new rule really doesn't affect total games shown until 2008. Here's how it looks for 2007.

In 2008, the number of games on TBS drops down to something like 40. The other games not shown on SS or FSN will be still be shown locally and some may be picked up by TBS as part of their national package.
I hope TBS picks up the remaining games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back