The Association Football Thread

PSG-Valencia was intense. Ibra being Ibra. Jesus, he is an idiot. PSG looks very good. Anyone know when Thiago Silva will be back?

PSG-Valencia was intense. Ibra being Ibra. Jesus, he is an idiot. PSG looks very good. Anyone know when Thiago Silva will be back?

The final 5 minutes of that game were horrible for PSG. They basically had Valencia dead to rights but gave up a goal and Ibra got red carded and will miss the return leg. Also another player picked up a yellow and will miss the next match too. PSG should still go through, but the task is at least feasible for Valencia now.

Gareth. Freaking. Bale.

Two set piece goals in a 2-1 win over Lyon. Seems like he's going from really good player to superstar in the blink of an eye. I was bagging on Spurs for hiring AVB, but turning Bale loose is the best possible thing he could have done and its been paying dividends.

Gareth. Freaking. Bale.

Two set piece goals in a 2-1 win over Lyon. Seems like he's going from really good player to superstar in the blink of an eye. I was bagging on Spurs for hiring AVB, but turning Bale loose is the best possible thing he could have done and its been paying dividends.

Agreed. It's a shame that in all likelihood he'll be playing for RM, Man U or some other big time club either next year or the year after. Spurs are near the top of the EPL, but I doubt they'll hold onto him after the way he's emerged as one of the best in the world this year. That's just too big of a payday for them to pass up. Also, it's a shame he's Welsh, because we'll almost certainly never get to see him play in an international tournament. England could sure use a player like him.

I'm not too worried about it. He's got well over a year left on his deal. Either RM or City or whoever comes calling soon, offering like 35mil Euros and I'd be glad to see Spurs get that kind of money to play around with, or he stays and Spurs get to run him out in the Champions League, and maybe if there's a successful run he stays.

I'm not too worried about it. He's got well over a year left on his deal. Either RM or City or whoever comes calling soon, offering like 35mil Euros and I'd be glad to see Spurs get that kind of money to play around with, or he stays and Spurs get to run him out in the Champions League, and maybe if there's a successful run he stays.

Spurs got screwed out of the CL last year anyway. If not for Chelsea resurrecting themselves from the dead right about this time last year and actually winning the CL, Spurs would have had that 4th spot. Right now they're 4 points clear of Arsenal for the final spot this season, and hopefully they'll hold onto it.

Bale would go for way more than 35 million euros. I would say his value in the current market would be nearer to £40 million. Especially when you factor in his age and the market history with blockbuster signings like Torres and Ronaldo.

I hope he stays at Spurs, but if he leaves then Fergie needs to get in the mix. Though he already denied United once. It was Spurs v United for his signature originally when he was leaving Southampton and he chose Spurs.

I always think the great players are far overvalued. Bale is great and I hope he stays in the spurs shirt for the long haul, but if somebody is going to pay £40mil, I'd gladly take that. Is Messi really worth €100mil? CR7? I honestly think not. When it comes to major transfers, I'd take the cash every time.

VN Store

Back