The Association Football Thread

They brought Bradley to Roma to be a starter. It may take a bit to adjust, and they do have some young talent who could replace him if he can't do it, but they didn't bring him to Roma to keep him on the bench.

i hope he starts. its better to start for a lesser team than to ride the pine for a bigger team. with WC down the road, the experience will pay dividends for him with the USMNT.

IMO, Bradley is the United States best player and it would be massive to have him blow up over the next few years. My fingers are crossed.

Line-ups for the Chelsea-MLS All Star game tonight, if any of the snobs are watching. Looks like Chelsea will be trotting out most of their XI.

MLS All-Stars:

Goalkeeper: Nielsen (Kansas City)
Defenders: Beitashour (San Jose), Collin (Kansas City), DeMerit (Vancouer), Morrow (San Jose)
Midfielders: Alonso (Seattle), Zusi (Kansas City), DeRosario (DC), Donovan (Los Angeles)
Fowards: Wondolowski (San Jose), Henry (New York)

Subs: Valdés, Beckerman, Johnson, Corrales, Pontius, Farfan, Kennedy, Beckham

Chelsea:

Goalkeeper: Čech
Defenders: Ferreira, Cahill, Terry, Cole
Midfielders: Mereiles, Mikel, Lampard, Malouda
Forwards: Hazard, Lukaku

Subs: Ivanovic, David Luiz, Essien, Ramires, Torres, De Bruyne, McEachran, Marin, Turnbull, Hutchinson, Benayoun, Kakuta, Hilario, Blackman, Chalobah, Piazon, Kane, Saville, Bamford

Disappointed to see Liverpool lose, but that was far from the first team for either side, so not much takeaway from tonight. A lot of guys out there with numbers in the 40's and 50's. Nice goal for Bradley though in his debut.

Well Chelsea played pretty much their first choice, Hilario in for Cech being the one notable exception. The two played 1-1 for the 50 minutes or so that was the case.

This Adidas micoach was horribly buggy during the first half, they fixed some things. I see what they're trying to do though, it worked for a little bit where you could get real-time speed, distance and intensity and for brief moments when it worked it was pretty awesome.

Well Chelsea played pretty much their first choice, Hilario in for Cech being the one notable exception. The two played 1-1 for the 50 minutes or so that was the case.

This Adidas micoach was horribly buggy during the first half, they fixed some things. I see what they're trying to do though, it worked for a little bit where you could get real-time speed, distance and intensity and for brief moments when it worked it was pretty awesome.

what's the app called?

Noted on Cech. Apparently that choice came down right before the match, he was listed in the XI this morning.

Hazard came in at 61'.

marin and mata on that left side is looking like it could be a really deadly combo...can't wait to see how all these new players do this season in the epl

Marin is a weird signing. He was amazing two years ago and disappeared this past season.

i agree, don't know why we signed him. we're set on the left right now, and it seems that is where marin likes to play.

however, he's looked really cheeky in the preseason...he didn't play very well tonight, but he still had some flashes. i am warming up to him though as he certainly seems to have a good attacking mind, and a club can never have too many of those.

I watched the majority of the ASG last night, and was fairly impressed by the MLS side. Good win for them even if there were a couple of Chelsea notables missing and the winning goal was a bit fluky. My biggest takeaway form watching most of both this and the Liverpool/Roma game before that was that it was enjoyable to see goals being scored without having to hear that god-awful chant that EVERY country's fans did after EVERY goal at the Euro this summer. I'd all but come to take it for granted that that chant had just become part of a goal being scored.

VN Store

Back