The Association Football Thread

Yeah. I liken the Scottish League to the Mountain West Conference. The only time the rest of the country cared was when BYU and Utah played.

You're the only one complaining.

And the European leagues are all on break.

And there's not a tremendous amount of transfer news left in the pipeline that we know of.

And MLS is in full swing.

If the MLS season took place at the same time as Europe's, there would be two separate threads, but as it doesn't, then deal with it.

You're the only one complaining.

And the European leagues are all on break.

And there's not a tremendous amount of transfer news left in the pipeline that we know of.

And MLS is in full swing.

If the MLS season took place at the same time as Europe's, there would be two separate threads, but as it doesn't, then deal with it.

just make an MLS/EPL thread and the dude thats whining can have his own thread. i have no interest in Serie A and La Liga.

Needs to be a European thread and a separate Minor League Soccer thread. MLS has nothing in common with the EPL.

yes they do. they are the 2 leagues that i like personally, therefore they should be the only leagues that are talked about in the soccer thread. see where i am going with this? show a little respect for other people. :no:

yes they do. they are the 2 leagues that i like personally, therefore they should be the only leagues that are talked about in the soccer thread. see where i am going with this? show a little respect for other people. :no:

and please only talk about Messi in regards to the Argentina national team. a 2 team club league is kinda ummm boring:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person

But there was absolutely nothing wrong with having separate threads to begin with. Milo wanted to flex his mod muscles for whatever reason.

It's seriously pointless posting in this thread about Europe because it gets lost in Milo ranting about the MLS. Something he somehow manages to do 24/7.

Transfer window is almost as interesting as the actual season. Can't discuss it though. Europe and MLS have two completely different schedules, thus need to be in separate threads. It's like disgusting the NFL draft in the same thread as the NCAA tournament.

But there was absolutely nothing wrong with having separate threads to begin with. Milo wanted to flex his mod muscles for whatever reason.

It's seriously pointless posting in this thread about Europe because it gets lost in Milo ranting about the MLS. Something he somehow manages to do 24/7.

Transfer window is almost as interesting as the actual season. Can't discuss it though. Europe and MLS have two completely different schedules, thus need to be in separate threads. It's like disgusting the NFL draft in the same thread as the NCAA tournament.
fair enough. i want an EPL thread.

I knew euro snobs could be bad, but you guys are just some of the most butthurt people on this whole forum.

Nobody is stopping you guys from talking transfer windows (which I HAVE been bringing up repeatedly), and you seem completely oblivious to the fact that once the MLS season is over the thread dies completely and I guarantee this thing will be all Europe all the time throughout the entire season.

Again, if the seasons overlapped, there would be two different threads from the start. If you guys are going to ***** and moan like five year olds about it, I will unmerge the threads.

I swear, the prawn sandwich crowd is almost as bad as Bama fans when it comes to footy.

i wish the Dempsey to Liverpool deal will either die or get done so i can pick my EPL team. i like Chelsea a little as well. and Arsenal.

One last bit of MLS on here: This Wednesday's game between the MLS All-Stars and Chelsea will be the debut of Adidas miCoach.

MLS, Adidas Announce World's First 'Smart League' in World Soccer | Bleacher Report

Before MLS becomes the world's first smart league in 2013, Adidas will give fans a sneak peak of the Micoach Elite System next week in Philadelphia. On July 25, the MLS All-Stars will play Chelsea in the 2012 MLS All-Star Game, which is about to become the world's first "smart game."

Here's how it works, via an Adidas press release:

The Micoach Elite System includes a small data cell that fits into a player’s base layer in a protective pocket on the back between the shoulder blades. Connected by a series of electrodes and sensors woven into the fabric of the base layer, the cell wirelessly transmits more than 200 data records per second from each player to a central computer and then is displayed in a series of simplified insights and results on the coach’s iPad.

At the touch of his fingertips, a coach can monitor the workload of an individual player, compare one athlete with another or view the whole team to gain a complete picture of the squad.

And it's not just coaches. According to the Adidas release, fans will have access to "live, on-field player data" either at home or in the stadium. For stat geeks, it's almost like Christmas, a birthday and New Year's Eve all rolled into one.

So apparently you can download an app and keep track of each players distance, speed, heart rate, etc. in real time.

First post of the MLS thread is my post about how bad the MLS sucks.. Perfect start if I say so myself..

Glad to have this thread back though. I will want to check this thing more often now.

First post of the MLS thread is my post about how bad the MLS sucks.. Perfect start if I say so myself..

Glad to have this thread back though. I will want to check this thing more often now.

Thank you for reminding me about that.

Glad I could help you guys out. God forbid two or three people should have their thread ruined by a couple dozen posts because they're too lazy to skip past them and carry on the discussion.

Go to the MLS thread. This is reserved for discussion about Association Football (whatever than means).

Please stay on topic.

Michael Bradley will be suiting up for Roma in their Wednesday night friendly against Liverpool at Fenway Park. Will be televised. I'll probably watch.

Love seeing Bradley playing for a legitimate team. Sucks that he left Mönchengladbach (copied and pasted from google, hehe) right before they exploded into the CL.

VN Store

Back