The Anxiety thread

I will be here - VN is actually a relaxing outlet for me

Same here. Just got to work, haven't worked since last Monday due to being sick and I can feel the nervousness and anxiety creeping up on me already. It's crazy I've worked here almost 2 years its not like it's a new job or something yet I'm nervous

Same here. Just got to work, haven't worked since last Monday due to being sick and I can feel the nervousness and anxiety creeping up on me already. It's crazy I've worked here almost 2 years its not like it's a new job or something yet I'm nervous

What do you do?

I know it's hard, as a lot of us deal with anxiety, especially as we get older and have more to worry about but remember it's mind over matter and Idle hands are the devils workshop.

You might want to ask your Dr to add xanax - it works pretty well for me - its actually supposed to be used with the anti depressant, but I dont like the way they (ADs) make me feel -- and word of caution, be very careful what you say to the counselor, until you know them well enough and they know you better.

why?

For the record I'm afraid I may have some depersonalization disorder myself. It comes on usually when I allow myself to think about things. No idea how to stop it

Depersonalization is a common symptom with anxiety. It will ease once you understand and learn how to stop the anxious thoughts. It is definitely not a hopeless situation.

Medication, while sometimes necessary, will not cure you. The answer is understanding and acceptance of the anxious thoughts with awareness that they can not harm you. One technique is actually to challenge the thoughts to "do their worse," and give them a countdown, because you don't have all day. Then: nothing happens.

See:

https://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Your-Anxiety-Panic-Treatments/dp/0195311353

www.panicaway.com

Medication, while sometimes necessary, will not cure you. The answer is understanding and acceptance of the anxious thoughts with awareness that they can not harm you. One technique is actually to challenge the thoughts to "do their worse," and give them a countdown, because you don't have all day. Then: nothing happens.

See:

Panic Away - Your first steps to overcoming anxiety and panic attacks
I appreciate all this it'll definitely help. The part I'm struggling with is right now is my anxiety creating these imaginary pains. They're real but they're only bc I'm constantly thinking about them. I know it sounds crazy

See:

Panic Away - Your first steps to overcoming anxiety and panic attacks

I've used a simple breathing technique that works pretty good. 3 deep breaths seem to relax me.

I've used a simple breathing technique that works pretty good. 3 deep breaths seem to relax me.

I read something about a 5 point system. Find something you can feel, smell, taste, touch, and I forget the last one. It said it helps ground you.

This may just apply to me, but you guys should have your hormone levels checked. My guy hormones were out of whack throwing my body and mind out of normal parameters.

My doctor gave me meds to bring my levels back up and I feel much better. My mind is clear and I have more energy. No napping and it makes me want to do my projects I've put off. Oh, and no anxiety.

I think the levels being where they need to be has me not second guessing myself.

I can't really explain it. I just know it works for me and I don't have to take any other drugs.

Reactions: 1 person
Hit me bad this morning. Not sure why I'm stressing so bad but been in the bathroom now for over an hour. Sucks.

Hit me bad this morning. Not sure why I'm stressing so bad but been in the bathroom now for over an hour. Sucks.

Sorry to hear. It randomly hits me too. I've learned music and video games help me out a lot also calling my girlfriend helps me. Just try to think positive, got UT football this week!

This may just apply to me, but you guys should have your hormone levels checked. My guy hormones were out of whack throwing my body and mind out of normal parameters.

My doctor gave me meds to bring my levels back up and I feel much better. My mind is clear and I have more energy. No napping and it makes me want to do my projects I've put off. Oh, and no anxiety.

I think the levels being where they need to be has me not second guessing myself.

I can't really explain it. I just know it works for me and I don't have to take any other drugs.
I'm going to look into this. What's the process of checking this? Just blood work?

Heart beats fast. Feel like your in a funnel. Nervousness. Paranoid.

I have to take 2mg of klonopin a day. It works great though.

I'm going to look into this. What's the process of checking this? Just blood work?

Yep. They usually draw 3-4 of those little bottles full. Once a year they pull 10 bottles.

You have nothing to lose and will find out all kinds of things.
All I know is it helped me tremendously. Hell my chlosterol went down after three months of getting my body back to normal.

I think it is to check your thyroid level - mine was over active so I have to take pills to regulate it - It did help with the energy and Im less tired -

I have suffered with PTSD, Panic disorder, and GAD for 4 years now.

My first attack hit me while driving on the interstate. It was triggered due to a very bad relationship, as was my PTSD. My first attack felt much like a stroke would be I imagine, as my left side of my face went numb and I felt like I was about to pass out. I called 911 and an ambulance came and EMT's checked me out. They said my BP was elevated but everything else was good. They told me to get checked out anyways so I did. Went to Parkwest in Knoxville, as it's one of the best cardiovascular facilities around. They said everything was normal, but of course I wasn't convinced. Anxiety does this to you. You still believe in the worst.

The next few years were absolutely debilitating. Random attacks for no apparent reason, mostly in my sleep. I had several ER visits, which did nothing but rack up a bill. I finally accepted I had a mental issue going on, so I started going to therapy. It helped tremendously, but I was still having attacks, just not nearly as often.

Today I'm glad to say much of this is behind me. I still get odd feelings of anxiety at times, but it's been several months since I've had a full blown attack. I recently cleaned up my diet, going to a Ketogenic lifestyle, and believe it or not, low carbing has had a big impact on my mental health. I feel much more clear headed and don't have that constant dizziness that anxiety presented much of the time.

Anxiety is very debilitating and I feel for anyone who goes through it.

I also would like to add that since being back on vitamin d, myood has stabilized too. I do think there is a correlation between vitamin d and anxiety. Same goes with testosterone. My levels tanked again to 245 recently and I started getting the anxiety again. Its amazing what the body does.

VN Store

Back