The All Things Cycling Thread

Riding through 8" of snow is hard work. I had a backpack on so I was sweating like no other. I started with two pairs of gloves, jeans, wool socks, arm warmers, balaclava, and a jacket. I was down to socks, shirt, thin gloves, and shoes withing 40 minutes.

Built a wheel today from parts I had laying around. Took me a while because the spoke calculator gave me the wrong spoke size (and still is), so I had to unlace and then lace again with longer spokes (maybe too long now, but it worked).

740211251.jpg

Pissing rain all day so I rode my bike tonight. Got the new fork mounted. Spokes are on their way for the wheels. Need to pick out and order tires, then I'll have my 650b conversion finished.

Going to try to sell my Felt road bike and buy a Kona Zone Two. It's a do-all carbon road bike. Fits up to 28c tires and has hidden fender mounts. I can use it for a road bike or a gravel bike. No brainer there. Best part is, they're offering a pro deal and I have until Sept 30 to pay for it.

If its cold enough to snow its too cold to ride

I don't really have a choice now that I'm car-free and the trainer is just not an option for me. Plus, my first race is in a month and I don't even have 25% of the miles in that I wanted to.

I'll be climbing mountains on Wednesday and Thursday in the mid-60's, though.

I don't really have a choice now that I'm car-free and the trainer is just not an option for me. Plus, my first race is in a month and I don't even have 25% of the miles in that I wanted to.

I'll be climbing mountains on Wednesday and Thursday in the mid-60's, though.

Where are you going to find mountains?

The drive through Iowa is killing me... Nebraska will be even worse. Decided to take only road bikes. Getting weird looks on the interstate with two bikes on the back of a car and snow everywhere.

First ride in Colorado. 65 miles. 3000 feet climbed. At 5750' or higher. I've never punished my body like this before, it's amazing.

I climbed Lookout Mountain today. Rather slowly, but I didn't even expect to make it all the way to begin with. It's a category 2 climb, 6 miles of climbing at 5% or greater. Ten minutes of descending.

Nothing but nice bikes out here. Pinarello, Merckx, Colnago were pretty much all I saw today as I climbed the mountain. This is where I need to be.

Twenty mile recovery ride and a couple of attempts at Strava segments. Still not even close to being acclimated to the altitude. Wish I had brought my mountain bike, there are so many nice trails. I took my road bike off trail a little today. It wasn't bad.

VN Store

Back