The All Things Cycling Thread

Let's try this again, shall we?

Snow. Fun. Not so fun when it turns to ice in the morning!

JGtJh.jpg

I use duct tape around the vents. The insoles prevent head coming in through the cleats, especially if you use SPD or Speedplays which act as a giant heat sink on the bottom of your foot.

I'm sure it helps, but in my shoe there's heat loss from the top of the shoe, too.

true I'm just cheap

I hear that. But to expand your cycling temperature range by 10-15F, for years to come, for me it's worth it.

Now there are very few days when it's actually too cold for me to hit the roads. [Whether I always want to do so is a different matter.]

I hear that. But to expand your cycling temperature range by 10-15F, for years to come, for me it's worth it.

Now there are very few days when it's actually too cold for me to hit the roads. [Whether I always want to do so is a different matter.]

One day I will. Road biking for almost 3 years and I just bought my second jersey. I hate spending $50 or more on clothes except for shorts. Gotta protect the boys.

One day I will. Road biking for almost 3 years and I just bought my second jersey. I hate spending $50 or more on clothes except for shorts. Gotta protect the boys.

I understand. In the summer I often wear tank tops instead of cycling jerseys. It's very Fredly.

Winter group ride and beer drinking tonight with the mtn bike club. I'll be on my rigid single speed while everyone else will be on fat bikes. See how long I can hold my own in the snow.

Most fun ever. Riding a bike on the Mississippi is a blast. Went sliding up the river. Scary. Fat bikes are so much funs.

Just signed up for a 24 hour moutain bike race in July and committed to a 3 hour fat bike enduro race in two weeks in Iowa City. Salsa is bringing a large fleet of demo fatties to race.

I love bikes.

That explains some things.

I thought it had to be really cold for a river to freeze, even an inlet.

At any rate, it's cold here. Another sub-40F ride today. This blows.

The water there was maybe a foot deep thawed and the river is really, really low. We were riding on dry land that's usually several feet under water. It was about 15° that night.

Bought some new socks to wear racing... They're Superman socks with little capes off the back of them. I'll at least look like a winner.

VN Store

Back