The All Things Cycling Thread

Even if I could with minimal discomfort, why? Unless I'm riding somewhere "new," I generally get bored after 2-3 hours on the bike.

I love 2-3 hr mtn bike ride. On the road a 5 hr ride in the summer is wonderful. I could ride all day if not for eventual fatigue. Even when I'm tired, I'm sad the ride is over.

I love 2-3 hr mtn bike ride. On the road a 5 hr ride in the summer is wonderful. I could ride all day if not for eventual fatigue. Even when I'm tired, I'm sad the ride is over.

This is about where I'm at. Although, 2-3 hours on our trails is rough on the body.

Now you're just making me out to be out-of-shape and lazy.

I don't ride if its below 40.

Pretty sure it's below 40F.

10138.jpg

I don't ride if you can't see the road.

Too cold. I run instead. Maybe if I had the gear but I'm too cheap to buy it.

It doesn't take that much (relatively speaking).

I bought some bib tights, a wind-proof jacket, a balaclava, and gloves. Total cost: $200-250.

I can ride down to the mid-20Fs for an hour+. My feet are the weakest link.

Last edited:

I bought some bib tights, a wind-proof jacket, a balaclava, and gloves. Total cost: $200-250.

Buy some 45North Jaztronaut insoles. That'll solve your feet problems.

I put plastic around my toes for insulation, but wouldn't cold air still come in from the mesh even with this insole?

I use duct tape around the vents. The insoles prevent head coming in through the cleats, especially if you use SPD or Speedplays which act as a giant heat sink on the bottom of your foot.

true I'm just cheap

VN Store

Back