The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

I'm not taking either side. I think both are in the wrong to some degree, but rightfully doing what's best for themselves. If I'm Morey and saw the way he looked overall this year and in the playoffs, I can't max him. Sorry. I made a promise to you, but I can't do that to my fan base and organization. If I'm Harden, I'm looking at it like you made a promise, and I got you a W against the C's when Embiid was out, and if Joel just shows up for one of those 4th quarters, they beat a better team and probably end up in the finals.

Nobody needs to feel bad for either side. I'm just saying the smart thing to do is do what both of them are doing in this specific situation.

I gotcha. That’s a fair take. I’m just fed up with Harden. I use to defend and like him and he’s just **** over everything the last four years

I gotcha. That’s a fair take. I’m just fed up with Harden. I use to defend and like him and he’s just **** over everything the last four years

Yeah, I hate Harden. IDK why I'm even sort of defending him. He has no cred at all leading up to this, but I'm just isolating this one scenario. I think people were unfair about playoff performances (especially when they were getting ousted by the greatest team of all time), but at this point there is no way to argue that criticism.

Reactions: zjcvols
My hoophead buddy from Philly said it's time to blow it up. My thoughts:

Embiid to the Knicks for Grimes + Mitch Robinson + some combination of Fournier/Randle salary dumps, Barrett, and the available 7 picks. I think I'd just want all the picks and no Barrett or Randle.

Tobias Harris to the Spurs for a 1st round pick + McDermott and Graham as a salary dump.

Harden and Tucker for 3 2nds, Norman Powell, and a Marcus Morris salary dump, and flip Powell for a 1st.

My hoophead buddy from Philly said it's time to blow it up. My thoughts:

Embiid to the Knicks for Grimes + Mitch Robinson + some combination of Fournier/Randle salary dumps, Barrett, and the available 7 picks. I think I'd just want all the picks and no Barrett or Randle.

Tobias Harris to the Spurs for a 1st round pick + McDermott and Graham as a salary dump.

Harden and Tucker for 3 2nds, Norman Powell, and a Marcus Morris salary dump, and flip Powell for a 1st.

The problem with trading Embiid without a demand is that fanbase would lose their minds. I think you have to wait until Joel drops a demand.

Last edited:
Seen last night where Giannis made a statement about signing the max extension with Bucks. Looks like he wants Bucks to go all in or he is gone after this contract is up...

Sounds like one of the big reasons Bob Myers parted ways with GSW is he didn't want to be the guy to pass on Klay's next contract.

“A lot of times, people will say, ‘It’s just business,’ but this is not a ‘just business’ situation,” Myers said. “There’s going to be a statue of this player outside of Chase Center. He was instrumental in bringing four championships. He’s beloved inside the organization [and by] the fan base. So it’s not so simple as, ‘It’s money and years.’

“This is why it was hard for me, Malika. You get relationships with these people, especially if you succeeded with them. And that core has been together for 12 years, and that’s just so rare now. That just doesn’t happen. And so this is a delicate negotiation.

“From what I know and see, he wants to stay. They want him to stay. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen. But it is a test, it’s certainly a test, like Woj said, and this is probably the first real test.”

There’s no way a dude with his injury history is actually going with this

Don't know what Sixers asked Clippers for Harden.. but they said NO...he should just play for Sixers and hush...everytime he doesn't get his way he wants out...good grief.

Whose the sleeper teams in each conference??...I think the Hawks in East might make noise and the Thunder in the West...some are saying Pelicans but Zion can't stay out of his sweatsuit...injured all the time...

VN Store

Back