The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

Greenberg is terrible as a host

Andrews is terrible as a host

Stop having 13 minutes of commercials for halftime of playoff games

Someone did a study during the conference finals of the halftime/post game show for ESPN’s NBA Countdown and the air time was 90% commercials/sponsorship reads.

Bill Simmons was reliving his 13-14 run with NBA Countdown and he said it was infuriating. You got lucky to get a 30 second blurb about the game.

Out of all the sports media careers/personality that have been constant over the last couple of decades, Greenberg might be the most confusing. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard an interesting take or was entertained/amused by him at any time in his career.

Out of all the sports media careers/personality that have been constant over the last couple of decades, Greenberg might be the most confusing. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard an interesting take or was entertained/amused by him at any time in his career.
Greenberg is decent on Football but his sense of humor as some say is very ,"dry" ... Andrews isn't much of an Upgrade. That spot should be Jalen Rose who they let go..

Greenberg is decent on Football but his sense of humor as some say is very ,"dry" ... Andrews isn't much of an Upgrade. That spot should be Jalen Rose who they let go..

Greeny's got a good personality and he's competent, but I want an NBA person.

Andrews is fine. Jalen is great but this position is for the "straight man" in the comedy team, and Jalen Rose doesn't fit that.

Despite the fact that Harden has no cred to begin with and didn't offer any specifics at all about what Morey lied about, I still kinda believe him. Not sure what the truth is, but I think there is at least some to his claim. He took a pay cut and restructured and even though he claimed he was doing it unselfishly, I believe there was a handshake agreement about the next contract.

Despite the fact that Harden has no cred to begin with and didn't offer any specifics at all about what Morey lied about, I still kinda believe him. Not sure what the truth is, but I think there is at least some to his claim. He took a pay cut and restructured and even though he claimed he was doing it unselfishly, I believe there was a handshake agreement about the next contract.

I'm sure he felt lied to about something. Maybe Morey promised him he would trade him, but when nothing worked out he cut off talks, and that ticked off Harden. Either way...Harden thinks way too highly of himself and I think it's gonna be a LONG season in Philly.

Harden is in a weird position where he has to play for his next contract because nobody believes in him, so IDK what he can do. Can he really sit out and/or sabotage the 76ers?

And if the 76ers can still get the Clippers deal, then they better do it. Just let Maxey take on more. I believe with all my heart that the 76ers can get another 2nd round exit without Harden, and get a real idea of what Maxey and Embiid can be together.

Just remember James Harden could have declined his player option and become a free agent if this was such a problem!

Reactions: n_huffhines
I dont feel bad for guys who take the money, don't play a lick of defense, and want to move elsewhere because they aren't winning enough....

Again, if he was so mistreated and lied to, why didn’t he decline his player option?

BC nobody had cap room for him

And? If he was so hurt and torn up about being lied to, then don’t opt in. Life is about choices my man. If he was lied to and on a three year contract, then sure. Id feel some sympathy. He could have left.

And? If he was so hurt and torn up about being lied to, then don’t opt in. Life is about choices my man. If he was lied to and on a three year contract, then sure. Id feel some sympathy. He could have left.

I'm not saying you need to feel sympathy for him, but you and I are both taking that bag in his situation. If the 76ers ****ed him, why shouldn't he take their $?

I'm not saying you need to feel sympathy for him, but you and I are both taking that bag in his situation. If the 76ers ****ed him, why shouldn't he take their $?

Sure. Go ahead and take the $35M. Just don’t bitch about it. You’re either a man of principal or you’re a man of money. Either do it or don’t I got places to be.

Sure. Go ahead and take the $35M. Just don’t bitch about it. You’re either a man of principal or you’re a man of money. Either do it or don’t I got places to be.

But he wants to get traded. The bitching has a purpose...and if he's being truthful about being lied to, then I don't understand the be principled part. Why does he have to be the principled one? Again, looking at this in a vacuum, you and I both would want to get paid and get traded if we were lied to about the next contract.

He's made a lot of mistakes and showed his ass the last 5 years...but so have the 76ers.

BC nobody had cap room for him

Houston did. They chose Dillon Brooks and Van Vleet over him.

OKC, Spurs, and Detroit chose not to pursue as well. Utah could have made it work if they wanted to.

The Grizzlies could trade Clarke and their Brooks trade exception for a 1 year rental and they chose not to.

Houston did. They chose Dillon Brooks and Van Vleet over him.

OKC, Spurs, and Detroit chose not to pursue as well. Utah could have made it work if they wanted to.

The Grizzlies could trade Clarke and their Brooks trade exception for a 1 year rental and they chose not to.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The few teams that had cap room didn't have it for him. Houston was going to do it but then they hired Udoka who wanted nothing to do with him.

But he wants to get traded. The bitching has a purpose...and if he's being truthful about being lied to, then I don't understand the be principled part. Why does he have to be the principled one? Again, looking at this in a vacuum, you and I both would want to get paid and get traded if we were lied to about the next contract.

He's made a lot of mistakes and showed his ass the last 5 years...but so have the 76ers.

Sure, Philly isn’t perfect in this situation. If they lied to him about a max deal and convinced him to sign for a little less. That’s a ****** thing to do. My point, when you are treated wrong, and you have an out like Harden then, and you don’t take it. Then go around to try and make the situation worse and be a dick, I’m not taking your side. You could have left a “toxic” situation. Instead you chose the money and stayed. I’m not feeling bad for you now.

Sure, Philly isn’t perfect in this situation. If they lied to him about a max deal and convinced him to sign for a little less. That’s a ****** thing to do. My point, when you are treated wrong, and you have an out like Harden then, and you don’t take it. Then go around to try and make the situation worse and be a dick, I’m not taking your side. You could have left a “toxic” situation. Instead you chose the money and stayed. I’m not feeling bad for you now.

I'm not taking either side. I think both are in the wrong to some degree, but rightfully doing what's best for themselves. If I'm Morey and saw the way he looked overall this year and in the playoffs, I can't max him. Sorry. I made a promise to you, but I can't do that to my fan base and organization. If I'm Harden, I'm looking at it like you made a promise, and I got you a W against the C's when Embiid was out, and if Joel just shows up for one of those 4th quarters, they beat a better team and probably end up in the finals.

Nobody needs to feel bad for either side. I'm just saying the smart thing to do is do what both of them are doing in this specific situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: zjcvols

VN Store

Back