The 2023-2024 Carolina/Duke basketball thread.the"will Duke get a higher seed than 5?" Edition.

I guess this is the right place to put this being ACC related. The Pack are getting ready to go to the sweet 16 after a 7 game winning streak. I know it's not Duke or Carolina,but it's still fun to see.

I guess this is the right place to put this being ACC related. The Pack are getting ready to go to the sweet 16 after a 7 game winning streak. I know it's not Duke or Carolina,but it's still fun to see.
I'm looking forward to their possible Elite 8 matchup against Houston.

Reactions: Pennheel
It’s pretty much a catch all . A couple of years ago it waskind of a Kentucky thread too

Last edited:
Yeah. There were more active Kentucky posters on here. There are still a few. Haha
I remember one guy that was a really good poster. I think because he was such an actually genuine good poster, he got even more hate from most on the board. Can’t remember his name though

Edit: I think he used John Pelphrey as his avatar

I remember one guy that was a really good poster. I think because he was such an actually genuine good poster, he got even more hate from most on the board. Can’t remember his name though

Edit: I think he used John Pelphrey as his avatar
Yeah,unfortunately that will happen to the best posters on a rival board. In all seriousness, I like cutting up about Kentucky. I'd hate to be going through what they have to deal with regarding Calipari,his underachieving in the tournament and massive contract.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Thought I’d check in to let you know I follow this thread. I went to grad school at Chapel Hill 1983-1986. Guy living next to me worked for UPI so he took me to the UNC/LSU game at Carmichael. Got to sit in the press area (hanging rafters - ha). Also took me to Duke-NC state football game in Durham. Was amazed how huge and wonderful the press area was compared to the actual stadium. They fed us well. My favorite part of grad school there was playing “Carolina Football” intramurals and lots of water skiing on Jordan Lake. Anyway, that’s my story. Will continue to lurk.

Last edited:
Thought I’d check in to let you know I follow this thread. I went to grad school at Chapel Hill 1983-1986. Guy living next to me worked for UPI so he took me to the UNC/LSU game at Carmichael. Got to sit in the press area (hanging rafters - ha). Also took me to Duke-NC state football game in Durham. Was amazed how huge and wonderful the press area was compared to the actual stadium. They fed us well. My favorite part of grad school there was playing “Carolina Football” intramurals and lots of water skiing on Jordan Lake. Anyway, that’s my story. Will continue to lurk.
Thanks for sharing! Always like to hear stories like this. Feel free to post anytime. Yeah, I remember how small Dukes football stadium was when I saw it in person.

Reactions: VolNExile
The level of delusion in the bball forum is unbelievable sometimes. There’s an active discussion going on where some are discussing how the Vols are being screwed on purpose w/ a late tip time on Friday . These Thursday/Friday Sweet 16 tip offs have been taking place forever. I remember Duke vs Seton Hall in 1992 was after 10 pm on a Thursday. It was a huge deal bc I got to stay up at 10 years old on a school night. Duke was the biggest draw is college basketball as they went for back to back titles, Thursday 10:20 EST tip off must’ve been a conspiracy then too. Sorry, rant over .

Reactions: Vol423 and Pennheel
The level of delusion in the bball forum is unbelievable sometimes. There’s an active discussion going on where some are discussing how the Vols are being screwed on purpose w/ a late tip time on Friday . These Thursday/Friday Sweet 16 tip offs have been taking place forever. I remember Duke vs Seton Hall in 1992 was after 10 pm on a Thursday. It was a huge deal bc I got to stay up at 10 years old on a school night. Duke was the biggest draw is college basketball as they went for back to back titles, Thursday 10:20 EST tip off must’ve been a conspiracy then too. Sorry, rant over .
I remember the Seton Hall game (Hurley vs Hurley) vividly bc I was forced to go to bed at halftime. Found out the score the next morning. What were my parents thinking?!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I remember the Seton Hall game (Hurley vs Hurley) vividly bc I was forced to go to bed at halftime. Found out the score the next morning. What were my parents thinking?!
Hahah. I remember it pretty well also. That Bobby vs Danny storyline was interesting, and they both played pretty badly I think. Duke was just too good and gutted an ugly game. Then there was the next game… the all timer

Reactions: Volfan8282

VN Store

Back