The 2017 NBA Finals Thread

He has 4 Finals loss that would have been 5 without a hurt Steph plus Kyrie and the refs saving him.

A fifth Finals loss would definitely count as "once again". Would it not?

No other so called "all time great" has been such a loser in the big moments.

Jealous hater

He has 4 Finals loss that would have been 5 without a hurt Steph plus Kyrie and the refs saving him.

A fifth Finals loss would definitely count as "once again". Would it not?

No other so called "all time great" has been such a loser in the big moments.

This is seriously the dumbest possible critique. Losing in the first and second rounds and conference finals makes you a bigger loser than the guy who got to the NBA finals 8 times.

There is only one finals Lebron's team should have won and didn't. All three wins came against very good teams.

He completely dominated the finals last year. Not exactly a loser in the big moment

His last 4 finals performances are all-time great performances, win or lose.

He probably should have been finals MVP when Kawhai won it.

This is seriously the dumbest possible critique. Losing in the first and second rounds and conference finals makes you a bigger loser than the guy who got to the NBA finals 8 times.

There is only one finals Lebron's team should have won and didn't. All three wins came against very good teams.

Winning 6 titles makes you the bigger winner. Which would you pick?

A. Losing 3 times in the first round, but also winning 6 titles.

Or

B. Win every first round series, but only win 3 titles and come in second 5 times? (5 assuming he's right and they lose)

Reactions: 1 person
Winning 6 titles makes you the bigger winner. Which would you pick?

A. Losing 3 times in the first round, but also winning 6 titles.

Or

B. Win every first round series, but only win 3 titles and come in second 5 times? (5 assuming he's right and they lose)

You're talking specifically about MJ and we were talking broadly about all other "so-called 'all-time greats'".

Who are the all-time greats with somewhat comparable playoff success? Modern era, I got:

Bird
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Kobe
Tim Duncan
Lebron
MJ

Is there anybody else?

I was asking it because I keep seeing people babble about MJs first round loses. When you get the 2 options it's a pretty simple choice.

Reactions: 1 person
Who are the all-time greats with somewhat comparable playoff success? Modern era, I got:

Bird
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Kobe
Tim Duncan
Lebron
MJ

Is there anybody else?

I would guess for most people if (without knowing who's playoff success was who's) they ranked them it would be.

MJ
Magic
Kareem
TD
Kobe
Shaq
LBJ
Bird

You think? Or LBJ over Shaq?

Edit: not saying that's how I would judge it just in general that would be my guess. My point is that casual fans look at it differently than guys that really follow basketball. Which is why you get comments like "He's the biggest looser ever"

Last edited:
I would guess for most people if (without knowing who's playoff success was who's) they ranked them it would be.

MJ
Magic
Kareem
TD
Kobe
Shaq
LBJ
Bird

You think? Or LBJ over Shaq?

I got Shaq over Kobe. Shaq was the best player on 3 title teams and 5 teams that won their conference. For Kobe those numbers are like 2 and 3, respectively. Not sure how most people view it, tho.

And same can be said for Kareem and TD...Magic was the better player on most/all those title teams and I believe Robinson was better than TD for those 2 titles.

Is Kobe in your top 15-25 all time? I forget.

No. Talent-wise, probably. Individual resume, no.

As much as I am a Kobe detractor, he did have 2 great title runs and that's more than can be said for a lot of great players.

And same can be said for Kareem and TD...Magic was the better player on most/all those title teams and I believe Robinson was better than TD for those 2 titles.

I'm just trying to look at resume with no insight... Which is how I think casual (finals watching fans) view LBJ. Hence the looser comments.

VN Store

Back