That's racist!

The argument that you can't see racism if you don't see color is disingenuous. The point of the "color blind" approach to race relations isn't that you literally can't see people's skin color and so you literally can't see when people are being racist to them. The point is that you should not treat people differently based on their skin color. That is ABSOLUTELY the appropriate approach to race relations. The DEI approach, on the other hand, requires discrimination because it seeks to place diversity as a primary outcome and filtering criteria for forming groups or hiring practices.

I can’t stand when people try to say people have generally different life experiences because of skin.

I didn’t grow up in the best area and I was a minority at my high school. Wouldn’t trade it for a thing. But many people who acted like they had a rough life and in the “gangs” lived in bigger houses than me and better lifestyles. You wouldn’t know it by how they acted though.

Skin color doesn’t determine the man or woman. And many people have a hard life and that’s not dependent on race.
People who say "hard life" is based on skin color have never visited the rural parts of Appalachia. And most of those folks likely think black people have it the worst in this country, but they've also never visited an Indian reservation.

People who say "hard life" is based on skin color have never visited the rural parts of Appalachia. And most of those folks likely think black people have it the worst in this country, but they've also never visited an Indian reservation.
“Hard life” is dependent on situation. Not where you live, skin color, etc. This country has gotten so soft that many don’t realize they have it so good and let the media create false narratives in their head based on skin color or other factors. I have no patience for playing the victim for any person. Your childhood sucked, I get it, change your future. My mother OD and was a user off and on my whole life. We didn’t have much, but I made sure I didn’t continue that lifestyle.

“Hard life” is dependent on situation. Not where you live, skin color, etc. This country has gotten so soft that many don’t realize they have it so good and let the media create false narratives in their head based on skin color or other factors. I have no patience for playing the victim for any person. Your childhood sucked, I get it, change your future. My mother OD and was a user off and on my whole life. We didn’t have much, but I made sure I didn’t continue that lifestyle.
The wake-up call for me came from traveling on mission trips and going abroad and seeing what actual poverty and struggle looks like. The average complainer may have been abroad once or twice, but never anywhere where they actually see poverty. Americans think poverty is not having the latest iPhone. It's idiotic.

Every single one of us here, even most homeless people, are probably in the top 5% compared to most the world.

I think Mayo was just emphasizing that white players and black players generally have vastly different life experiences. I don't think he was trying to denigrate whites or suggest all white people are racist crackers. People are different, cultures are different, sometimes you have to take that into account. Doesn't mean we can't all get along. I mean, other than rival SEC fans. Screw them.

You my boy Weezer, and I am not judging Mayo bc I didnt watch the press conference nor do I intend to...the patriots are the worst cheaters in professional sports and it isn't even a contest. Half Bradys superbowls should have an **asterisk or 2 next to them since they taped other teams practices before games, deflated balls etc....so I am not watching anything those losers do.

That said....I am not sure what you mean by "white and black players have vastly different experiences " unless you mean " it SUCKS to be a white player in professional football OR basketball, because 90% plus of the league (all millionaires) are black and a white athlete is automatically assumed to be slower in 40yds, unable to jump/dunk etc. Good luck trying to make any team in the NBA as a white guy....or trying to make the NFL at several positions where white guys are AUTOMATICALLY assumed to be incapable regardless of combine stats, yards/records in college etc... examples: Running back, Çornerback, WR, safety....its actually crazy that just like many other aspects of life today, such as public school systems, government and corporate jobs with their DEI bullcrap, the racism against white athletes at those positions in the NFL is discussed openly in public by people of all skintones. Example : " yeah, he put up crazy yardage in college...but theres no way he was getting drafted as a white RB." The racism against white athletes is so ubiquitous it is discussed openly...plus theres the ever popular attitude among idiot liberals that " theres no such thing as racism against whites anyway because of blah blah blah ".

I am so tired of the constant racism bullsheit identity politics. I am 46 and my generation pretty much had that crap squashed by the time we were adults. Then the last 20 years happened and its literally ALL most of the leftist morons talk about. Its jùst an OBVIOUS PLOY to try and divide people so they can steal this country blind while folks are distracted. Yall havent noticed that NEITHER PARTY ever does what their voters actually want them to?? What the policies were that they ran on?? Right now as we speak there is a bipartisan law proposed to give citizenship to EVERY ILLEGAL ALIEN in this country....and permanently open our border to the south allowing thousands of people per WEEK to just walk right in and become citizens. Sounds INSANE right?? Check it out. Its sponsored by Dimwits and turncoat Republicans as well. Unbelievable. There is literally nobody i know from either side of the aisle that wants anything close to that to be law. Yet here we are. But lets keep fighting over stupid crap and calling everyone racists. Thats a great idea. Yall show up around my family acting stupid like that...with my white butt and my black sisters...and I am gonna shoot you regardless of what color you are. I am an equal opportunity shooter.

I get the reaction to all political pundits. Doesn't matter which side. The people saying the guy took Mayo out of context and is using this for clickbait are not wrong. His goal is just as much to divide as "the other side". That's what politics has become. It's a damn shame.

This.

Reactions: Weezer
For those of you bagging on Mayo, what was he supposed to do? I watched the presser. A reporter asked both Kraft and Mayo what it means to be the first black HC for NEP, and asked Mayo if he'd talked with Tony [Dungee?] and MIke [Tomlin]. Kraft went first in the answer. Said he is colorblind.

Mayo shares his insight. Was he supposed to say I am not answering questions about race in his first press conf as HC? His full answer is not inflammatory in any way. In fact, I think his remark about seeing color is directly related, and in response to, his owner's answer. His full answer is about developing and understanding of others and working on known issues.

Some of you need to have your knees amputated so you can no longer knee jerk when the media feeds you provocative garbage.

Last edited:
For those of you bagging on Mayo, what was he supposed to do? I watched the presser. A reporter asked both Kraft and Mayo what it means to be the first black HC for NEP, and asked Mayo if he'd talked with Tony [Dungee?] and MIke [Tomlin]. Kraft went first in the answer. Said he is colorblind.

Mayo shares his insight. Was he supposed to say I am not answering questions about race in his first press conf as HC? His full answer is not inflammatory in any way. In fact, I think his remark about seeing color is directly related, and in response to, his owner's answer. His full answer is about developing and understanding of others and working on known issues.

Some of you need to have your knees amputated so you can no longer knee jerk when the media feeds you provocative garbage.

Agreed. I don't get the pissing and moaning over his presser, he IMO didn't say anything controversial.

Im offended by a vol fan not wanting to support a fellow alum, could care less about opinions on race
That’s likely because you agree with the opinion.

If (fictional) former Vol player Wakefield Alexander IV held the opposite “opinion” - could you still “care less”?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to crap on the opinion when it's wrong.
I agree.

I simply have a problem with the people who hold up opinions they agree with as like, that’s just his opinion, man.

And then turn around and label opinions they don’t agree with as dangerous, hateful rhetoric.

Pick a lane. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion freely, or not. No picking and choosing.

Too bad Mayo could not be more like this man

" As soon as yall (MEDIA) quit talking about this crap everybody else will too."

Lot of truth in that...other than policians, race baiters who dont have real jobs, and the leftist media, I dont know anyone seeking to divide this country based on peoples skintones.

" As soon as yall (MEDIA) quit talking about this crap everybody else will too."

Lot of truth in that...other than policians, race baiters who dont have real jobs, and the leftist media, I dont know anyone seeking to divide this country based on peoples skintones.
Amen. The more I look for common ground and collaboration with people who aren't like me (color, gender, background, philosophy, education, etc) the more common ground and collaboration I find.

VN Store

Back