That's racist!

To me it makes sense that this wouldn’t be okay:

791px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

You seem to be complaining about faux outrage by responding with your own

If it really does bother the vast majority of the Native American population then I would understand about making a change. Much like the Redskins mascot overwhelmingly Native Americans don’t seem offended.

Reactions: 1 person
I guarantee the Indians merch will be the most purchased in the league this year.

That's my point, capitalize on the FOMO of "limit time" quantities.

There's a 100% chance that the Indians have a mill in China pumping out merch with Wahoo's face on it.

Gotta get them dolla dolla bills ya'll.

Breaking: Washington Redskins release name change and logo for the 2020 season.

They will then be know as the Washington Swamp Rats.

a6_YtgZb.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
It’s a caricature based on a stereotype of a particular race. If you tried that with a black person, or a smiling Asian with a bright yellow face, it wouldn’t last 5 minutes. They almost changed the logo back in 1994 for the same reasons.

so those guys at festivals and street corners that do caricatures are racist as well and should be removed?

It’s a caricature based on a stereotype of a particular race. If you tried that with a black person, or a smiling Asian with a bright yellow face, it wouldn’t last 5 minutes. They almost changed the logo back in 1994 for the same reasons.

And this one isn't based on a stereotype of an ethnic group? Yet you don't hear mum about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 3 people
The Raiders and Buccaneers play on white people’s violent past.

Why is the New England patriot white? Can only white people be patriots?

The 49ers destroyed Mother Earth in their insatiable quest for gold.

Rename them all.

The whataboutism is strong in this thread.

It’s a guy with a bright red face that’s the mascot of an “Indian.” Saying it’s the same as someone doing a caricature of an individual person, or same as the Viking, is some devil’s advocate stuff that may be fun, but I’m assuming isn’t serious.

Cardinals- religious symbology by the oppressive Catholics, your bird isn't fooling anyone. also PETA
Falcons- "dirty" birds, aka that black is dirty, pretty dang racist
Ravens- BLACK bird
Bills-white mans almost extinction of this species
Panthers- black panthers
Bears, probably something to do with us destroying their home enviroment
Bengals- kept in cages, PETA
Browns- if redskins is offensive this should be too, plus its the Browns.
Cowboys- white boys running around doing whatever they want keeping animals in cages
Broncos- symbol in American (read white) folklore
Lions- trophy brought home, or kept in cage by the white man
Packers- white men working/job
Texans- you mean "what should be north mexico"
Colts- colts and their tie to American history/folklore = racist
Jaguars - south american symbol, probably a trophy a white man brought home
Chiefs - Native american
Chargers- electricity, white privledge
Rams - PETA
Dolphins - See the Chappelle show, flipper is racist, probably an homage to flipper
Vikings - violent white person
Patriots - violent white person
Saints - religion
Giants - midgets
Jets - 9/11
Raiders - violent white people
Eagles - Symbol of America, America is mostly white, therefore racist like our Flag
Steelers - celebrates a time period of predominately white men working jobs
49ers - destroy the enviroment
Seahawks - PETA
Buccaneers - violent white people being celebrated
Titans - based on mythology, religious.
Redskins -easy, skin color

Reactions: 5 people
Might as well rename them the Cleveland Blackies with the logo of a person in blackface, since apparently this thread’s consensus is that anything goes

St. John’s also changed from the “Redmen” to the Red Storm in 1994 for similar reasons. People noticed these problems 25 years ago.

If it really does bother the vast majority of the Native American population then I would understand about making a change. Much like the Redskins mascot overwhelmingly Native Americans don’t seem offended.

Exactly. The majority of the people offended by Indian mascots are white people who feel guilty because they were born with white skin.

VN Store

Back