Thank you CJP! Please excuse the orange clad clowns in our midst.

If one of you guys went up to Pruitt he would be like this

5-Major-Payne-quotes.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I think most reasonable fans aren't disappointed directly in coach Pruitt himself or his staff. I think there's no doubt they worked as hard as they possibly could in the limited time they had. My disappointment lies in the fact that today just serves as yet another reminder of how far this program has fallen and how far away we really are from getting it back to where it used to be. I was certainly hopeful that we would be able to land a good portion Of the big name recruits we were going after. I guess I underestimated just what kind of uphill battle the staff had in trying to swing some of them to come to UT. Mabye coach pruitt and his staff did as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think most rational Vol fans knew this class was not going to be a huge, flashy success. However, Butch had flashy classes. How did that work out? Some can say its excuses all they want, but no HC in the country went through what Pruitt did. Thats an undeniable fact.

I am very pleased with what CJP was able to pull off. Excited to see what happens on the field this year as well.

you know on VN you cant bring common sense into these threads.

Reactions: 1 person
I think most reasonable fans aren't disappointed directly in coach Pruitt himself or his staff. I think there's no doubt they worked as hard as they possibly could in the limited time they had. My disappointment lies in the fact that today just serves as yet another reminder of how far this program has fallen and how far away we really are from getting it back to where it used to be. I was certainly hopeful that we would be able to land a good portion Of the big name recruits we were going after. I guess I underestimated just what kind of uphill battle the staff had in trying to swing some of them to come to UT.

Well said!

I think most reasonable fans aren't disappointed directly in coach Pruitt himself or his staff. I think there's no doubt they worked as hard as they possibly could in the limited time they had. My disappointment lies in the fact that today just serves as yet another reminder of how far this program has fallen and how far away we really are from getting it back to where it used to be. I was certainly hopeful that we would be able to land a good portion Of the big name recruits we were going after. I guess I underestimated just what kind of uphill battle the staff had in trying to swing some of them to come to UT.

All those 5 star guy's were long shots. They would have never even visited had Jeremy not been here. I was still hoping though that some other players, like Young, would be more thankful and appreciative to our coach. But that's life. Next year will be nothing like this one. You guys will see.

All those 5 star guy's were long shots. They would have never even visited had Jeremy not been here. I was still hoping though that some other players, like Young, would be more thankful and appreciative to our coach. But that's life. Next year will be nothing like this one. You guys will see.

Considering that Tennessee interest apparently "made" Young, his defection seems like a pretty cheap shot. It could turn out that his ethics undermine his talent. If nothing else, it appears that Pruitt and staff do know how to evaluate and don't need somebody else's stars to lead them.

I can't figure out what he's being thanked for. Being hired and then giving his heart and soul to another team for six weeks while the recruiting class atrophied? Because that is the one and only thing that has occurred so far under Pruitt's watch. I'm not that inflamed by the football situation at this point, but he certainly hasn't accomplished anything at all positive yet.

Well, we had some of the best athletes on the field that we have had in a long time, so I think that is a rather stupid question. CBJ could recruit well, despite his ineptitude at coaching. Actually, it is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on VN, as I think about it. Are you suggesting we don't try to have top ranked classes b/c CBJ did and he didnt win? WTF kind of rhetorical question are u asking here?

Good God man whatever. Cry all you want.

It's time to develop and work with what we have. No miracles this round, just time to dig in and get the full potential out of the players we have. Something Butch could never manage.

Seems folks want a Butch jones failed top 5 instead of a solid top 25 that starts filling in gaps. I go for a real signing day not a fake one.

Thanks?! He is getting paid more money this year than 99% of humans will ever make in their entire lives. How about dont miss on nearly all of your named high-profile targets, aight? Earn your keep

How about giving him a minute to “earn his keep”. Didn’t exactly kill it today but didn’t crater either. Coupled with early signing period signees, he had a decent haul, 20th in the country, middle of the SEC pack. Way, way, way to early to be trying to form some type of opinion that’s he’s failed or something.

only thing that really got to me today was the kid that put on the vols hat, and took it off to strip down to georgia stuff. Im not one to hope for injuries but that kid could get paralyzed and id only say an obligatory prayer, but id low key be excited. forget that dude man. cant wait to play georgia.

I think most reasonable fans aren't disappointed directly in coach Pruitt himself or his staff. I think there's no doubt they worked as hard as they possibly could in the limited time they had. My disappointment lies in the fact that today just serves as yet another reminder of how far this program has fallen and how far away we really are from getting it back to where it used to be. I was certainly hopeful that we would be able to land a good portion Of the big name recruits we were going after. I guess I underestimated just what kind of uphill battle the staff had in trying to swing some of them to come to UT. Mabye coach pruitt and his staff did as well.

They worked hard all right - coaching the Alabama defense to the NC. Gotta wonder if things would have been different if they had dedicated themselves to recruiting instead.

VN Store

Back