Thank you CJP! Please excuse the orange clad clowns in our midst.

4TH place in the SEC east on NSD....... nice spin huh. What did we expect following last season's debacle!

Well, we had some of the best athletes on the field that we have had in a long time, so I think that is a rather stupid question. CBJ could recruit well, despite his ineptitude at coaching. Actually, it is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on VN, as I think about it. Are you suggesting we don't try to have top ranked classes b/c CBJ did and he didnt win? WTF kind of rhetorical question are u asking here?

The fact that you didn't get his point says all you need to say. Go back and read his post and try to comprehend. I think he might type it slower if you want him to.

Did you miss the part where Pruitt decreased his salary so that he could put more money toward getting a higher value staff? Winning games will cure recruiting ills. Can't coach good players with mediocre (BJ type) staff - first steps first.

From what his resume is compared to CBJ's, a 3* for CJP will equal a 4* in CBJ's able hands.....CJP 4* = CBJ 5* etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you miss the part where Pruitt decreased his salary so that he could put more money toward getting a higher value staff? Winning games will cure recruiting ills. Can't coach good players with mediocre (BJ type) staff - first steps first.

Hey, I agree with you, man. Only thing I am saying is it is ridiculous to be thanking him right now (as OP and other posters did).

Why the hell is anyone expecting more than 20? We were all raving when he got us there from 60 and now its not good enough for some people?

Get over yourselves. You need to focus on what we have, which is a lot of talented recruiting classes already on campus that Pruitt is going to coach the hell up.

The fact that you didn't get his point says all you need to say. Go back and read his post and try to comprehend. I think he might type it slower if you want him to.

"However, Butch had flashy classes. How did that work out?"

Its cool and all that your sticking up for your friend's stupid remark, but you conveniently ignored the issue I raised. So before being a smart*ss to someone who wasnt addressing u, why dont u try to understand my issue with his post - which is WTH does what I quoted in bold the first time have to do with anything? What is the logic in those two sentences?

Its cool and all that your sticking up for your friend's stupid remark, but you conveniently ignored the issue I raised. So before being a smart*ss to someone who wasnt addressing u, why dont u try to understand my issue with his post - which is WTH does what I quoted in bold the first time have to do with anything? What is the logic in those two sentences?

Nah, he's not really my friend so to speak. We butt heads in the PF a lot. The point he is trying to make is that just because you put 5*s on the field doesn't mean you are doing anything with them. How about instead of being reactionary, you stop with the "you had 8 weeks and you missed nearly all of your TARGETS (not commits)" BS? Holy Crap dude, they weren't even UT targets until a week before early signing. I bet you walk through the door screaming when supper isn't on the table too.

You don't want a smartass answer, don't make a smartass post. They kinda go hand in hand. Believe me, I get plenty of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey, I agree with you, man. Only thing I am saying is it is ridiculous to be thanking him right now (as OP and other posters did).

I do think Pruitt and staff worked hard to get what they have - and you have to remember how far this recruiting class dropped. Some "defections" were almost certainly Jones recruits that Pruitt couldn't see working out in the new scheme of things.

Overall, while somewhat disappointing, I think they did a great job. Remember a lot of hopes were simply built around clickbait articles - articles that made the impossible look like maybe and the long shots look like probables - all for the writer's benefit. Simply can't buy into that kind of garbage.

Let me ask you this. For those that watched the press conference this afternoon, did CJP spin it or sugar coat it? No. Heck no. Dude is a straight shooter. Would you rather know the challenges ahead or have someone lie to you about their top 5 class that was chalked full of behavior problems and players recovering from injury? Give me the straight shooter at this point. It’s an uphill climb folks, but the straight shooter will get us there a lot faster than the BS artists of the past. Stay tuned...

Reactions: 6 people
Nah, he's not really my friend so to speak. We butt heads in the PF a lot. The point he is trying to make is that just because you put 5*s on the field doesn't mean you are doing anything with them. How about instead of being reactionary, you stop with the "you had 8 weeks and you missed nearly all of your TARGETS (not commits)" BS? Holy Crap dude, they weren't even UT targets until a week before early signing. I bet you walk through the door screaming when supper isn't on the table too.

If I paid a chef 3mil a year, you bet your f***ing a** I would

5-Major-Payne-quotes.gif

Pruitt is the white Major Payne

Last edited:
Let me ask you this. For those that watched the press conference this afternoon, did CJP spin it or sugar coat it? No. Heck no. Dude is a straight shooter. Would you rather know the challenges ahead or have someone lie to you about their top 5 class that was chalked full of behavior problems and players recovering from injury? Give me the straight shooter at this point. It’s an uphill climb folks, but the straight shooter will get us there a lot faster than the BS artists of the past. Stay tuned...

Agreed, and its refreshing after the last coach

The stars behind a players name signifies their ~POTENTIAL. Daniel,Brooks did not work out as a 5* however Trevor Daniel as a 3* did perform as a 5*
Sometimes *'s do not matter.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back