Th Official #24 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 8:00 PM CT, SEC Network

Yes. That and I hate them and hate their stupid gym.

This is always one of the biggest games on the schedule for me just because their gym is dumb and their fans are obnoxious. Vandy Bball is right behind Florida and Alabama football for me.

Same here. I've hated Vandy ever since I went to a UT/Vandy game at Memorial as a kid. That was back when it was a much tougher place to play and the crowd so seemed to influence the refs. I would get furious when a UT guy would get called for a foul on a clean block, and then on the other end a Vandy player would straight up tackled our guy to steal the ball and no call. Also I hated the Vandy fans who would boo at anything called against Vandy, no matter how obvious it was.

Not to mention back then Vandy fans were terrible to opposing fans. I remember being scared that my family members were going to get beat up by Vandy fans harassing them. Of course being a kid made it worse and they were never likely in any real physical danger, but still. They were awful.

Reactions: 1 person
The team needs to build off the Kentucky game and win this one. Can't afford volatility in conference. The sign of a good team is winning the games you are expected to win, and some you aren't. This is a game they are expected to win.

Winning this one gives the Vols some wiggle room, losing lose one would really shrink the margin of error.

Vols slam the 'dores early in this one, by 20 or so. GBO!!!

Would love to cruise in this one, but it's bitter vs Vandy. Hate that gym. Tough place to grab a win. After UK, I expect a letdown and a loss tonight. Hate saying it.

Expect large doses of home cookin' tonight. To win, the Vols will have to overcome vandy and the officials. I've seen too much of this in the past to think things will be any different tonight.

I'm happy that I don't have to see Stallings whistling out plays from the opposite end-line anymore. I can't believe that the NCAA still allows that setup. They have cheerleaders and a billboard blocking some of the view now anyway. That is the argument for keeping it, but the real reason is because it's a huge home court advantage. At least the coaches box was changed a couple of years ago.

thanks YV...:thumbsup:...hope we have something left over from the Cats game...another must win...:)

GO VOLS!

Are the ticket prices higher for this game? I'd like to go but I don't have a ticket. Maybe I can get a single ticket out front from someone.

Parking on West End feasible? A fairly short walk from there to the gym.

Are the ticket prices higher for this game? I'd like to go but I don't have a ticket. Maybe I can get a single ticket out front from someone.

Parking on West End feasible? A fairly short walk from there to the gym.

I usually eat dinner at J Alexander's and walk over. Parking is free there but the meal isn't lol

I bet tickets will be easy. 20-40$ easy imo

They are $30 on the Vandy site. Don't know the face value on the ticket. I believe they boost the price for the UT and UK games.

I would hope to pick up one for $15 to 20.

Battle of the 1-2’s in the SEC. Gotta win the most winnable to do what we’ve been expecting since the 9-2 start.

Do work dammit!!

They are $30 on the Vandy site. Don't know the face value on the ticket. I believe they boost the price for the UT and UK games.

I would hope to pick up one for $15 to 20.

I saw some for $20 on CL

Gotta take them in that abortion of a glorified gymnasium.

Why the hell the floor is 4 feet above the benches is mind blowing. I'd love to know what drunk architect designed it and why it was allowed to be built and vandy is supposed to be smarter. Anchors up!

Man, I've been pissed since the Arkansas loss. I wouldn't even look at the BBF, since and then Auburn happened. I was terrified UT was going to be 0-3 in the SEC and they stepped up Saturday against the Mildcats. I think UT wins 75-66, tonight. I think Bone goes off against Vandy again. UT needs Bowden to shoot more and I am still waiting on Walker to have that breakout game, maybe it finally happens tonight.

Man, I've been pissed since the Arkansas loss. I wouldn't even look at the BBF, since and then Auburn happened. I was terrified UT was going to be 0-3 in the SEC and they stepped up Saturday against the Mildcats. I think UT wins 75-66, tonight. I think Bone goes off against Vandy again. UT needs Bowden to shoot more and I am still waiting on Walker to have that breakout game, maybe it finally happens tonight.

Not looking likely he tops the rebounds total from Alexander.

I’m with you BTO it would be nice to see a complete game. A resounding win from start to finish.

If they play an entire game the way they played the second half against UK they will run away with it.

Grant has to avoid cheap fouls. For some reasons refs are looking to give them to him.

VN Store

Back