Texas A&M Post Game Presser

I hope the photos attached.
just what we need!! Of course as a parent we seem to see everything through our child's eyes. The fact that she definitely was a defensive liability in that game and not a 3 point threat didn't help matters any. I love watching her play and I hope her confidence isn't shaken. Sorry to disagree but IMO I think Holly made the right choice. Are the parents going to complain every time they think she's being slighted? What if she had been in and made mistakes? they would be massacring her instead of Westbrook right now. How would they feel then?

Reactions: 2 people
Thought it should be shared that Mr.
Hayes posted in the same forum as before and has apologized for “coming on here,” said that “sometimes parents say things and respond too quickly,” and then asked for prayers for him and his family.

Reactions: 10 people
It was obvious why Annie didn't play more she couldn't defend the drive in this game. I don't know why she was having so much difficulty but she lost contain three or four times and the player scored a layup. Jackson was doing a much better job on defense and that is the reason she played more.

Reactions: 5 people
Hayes posted in the same forum as before and has apologized for “coming on here,” said that “sometimes parents say things and respond too quickly,” and then asked for prayers for him and his family.

Very good point.

Reactions: 1 person

What forum was he on?

Yep, that is the dark side of social media. In the old days, Mr. Hayes would have spouted off to his wife or a friend, who might have told him to take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture. But now, these emotional lapses can be instantaneously broadcast world-wide with just an ill-conceived tweet.

Reactions: 3 people
You know what it was too late once he posted it. Now the team is probably looking at Annie kind of sideways because of it. She was airing her grievances to her father who in turn went and posted her frustrations for the all to see. I just hope that incident doesn’t cause unnecessary tension among the group.

Reactions: 5 people
You know what it was too late once he posted it. Now the team is probably looking at Annie kind of sideways because of it. She was airing her grievances to her father who in turn went and posted her frustrations for the all to see. I just hope that incident doesn’t cause unnecessary tension among the group.

Do we know that Annie said this? Or was this just a parent venting?

We don't know it, but anyone who's ever played a team sport knows that every player on the team always wants more playing time. However, there's a difference between wanting it and broadcasting it because it's a zero sum game and the latter can damage team unity.

VN Store

Back