Texas A&M Post Game Presser

I’m not getting into whether Holly is a good coach or not, but she has not changed. Has he not been watching them the last couple of years?

Reactions: 2 people
All in all I hope the players are sticking together through this... no one probably feels worse than them but I also hope no one is more pissed off than them either.

As far as posting things... Meh. Should it have gone down like that. Probably not but people get upset. Now as adults I’m hoping he vented and then told taught his daughter he should have been grown enough to give someone the courtesy to talk to them because that’s a huge life lesson.

They seem like a great family and super competitive... so losing doesn’t happen often and sucks! Riverdale lost in the Nike TOC a game and similar reactions were expressed about that loss on the younger daughters’ team/coach.

I also hope he has seen how Holly has gone with his daughter over other freshman and upperclassmen because she sees her talent and she has finished many games for us (strong may I add). All in all I don’t want this to drive a wedge between the players and it’s up to first the adults but also the players to say if we got issues say it and move on. Some of CPS best teams beat the $h!+ out of each other because they were always so competitive. Shoot Kelly Jolly has even stated I didn’t always like my teammates but I always loved my sisters!

I didn’t watch the whole game because I had to work late but I can see Annie’s speed and skills helping us. I could see her pushing the ball with the other team being tired.

A bounce back win against SC cures a lot of ailments. A follow up win against ND even better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For what it’s worth Annie’s farther was REALLY upset Annie didnt play that much!
Said that Holly didn’t trust Annie!
He didn’t want his daughter playing for a coach that doesn’t trust her!
Says that Annie hasn’t lost since 2016
Also that he has some decisions to make!
Annie has lost confidence in herself

I don’t know how to feel about that.

Annie's father should keep his mouth shut. He has made some serious accusations before that involved Annie. Reminds me of the the father of a diva who played for the Lady Vols recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Annie's father should keep his mouth shut. He has made some serious accusations before that involved Annie. Reminds me of the the father of a diva who played for the Lady Vols recently.

And we talk about the overreactions of people on this board over the loss. Did he think she would never lose another game for the rest of her career? Some of the things he said were just not true. She only comes in when someone is in foul trouble???? He knows that’s not true. Hopefully he is not correct about Annie’s attitude. If she is so fragile that one bad game breaks her, then we do have a problem.

Reactions: 5 people
This game three key players shot 10 of 36 from the field. That is not winning basketball. We get to the line 11 times to their 26. We have to drive the ball not settle for jump shots. 20 assists could have been 30 if we make the shots.

But where are you going to drive to with Russell in the game? The spacing would need to change. With Russell in she needs to not only be posting but also screening if you want that to happen and how many times do you actually see Russell screening for a guard? What you normally see happen is Nared, Meme, Westbrook or Hayes drive into the lane and then you end up with a TN guard & their defender, Russell & her defender, & the opponents weak side defender all in the lane at the same time.

This is why it's so hard for Tennessee to get to the rim unless it's in transition. Now up until last night they were getting enough fouls out of that to compensate. But if you are relying on fouls and free throws for points you take the game out of the hands of the players and put it in the hands of the refs and noone wants that. So when you have 5 players all in the lane at once someone is open and you end up with jump shots.

When their spacing is right it makes sense. When it isn't it makes things so much harder. Also, some of the motion they are doing is without purpose. The offense is obviously set up to get Russell a shot 85% of the time but be more cognisant of the line up when you are sending cutters to draw defenders away from Russell. Why send Green out to the 3 point line? She's not taking 3s so no defender is following her out there. Have her go set a screen for someone. She is good at that.

Basically, if Russell is on the court she has to touch it every time otherwise their offense literally makes no sense. It has to go through her period. That's the way this offense is built. This is why I have been saying the past 2 years they needed to make her a better passer. I know, I know they say she has PG passing skills but her numbers have never supported that claim. She draws so much attention but half way through her senior year no one has figured out how to use that to their advantage. If they do figure it out they could get those extra assists you were talking about.

For what it’s worth Annie’s farther was REALLY upset Annie didnt play that much!
Said that Holly didn’t trust Annie!
He didn’t want his daughter playing for a coach that doesn’t trust her!
Says that Annie hasn’t lost since 2016
Also that he has some decisions to make!
Annie has lost confidence in herself

I don’t know how to feel about that.

First I want to say I think Annie has tremendous talent, and will get better in time there is no doubt. I have watch her ever since she was 7 years old play ball. The problem then and apparently is now as well is her dad, if she not playing where her dad wanted her to play. Katie bar the door because here he comes and everyone was going to get it. I seen it over and over with him. Going backwards, losing her confidence is not coming from the coach or team, it's coming from him putting to much pressure on her.

The first thing I thought of when I saw she committed to the Lady vols. Lord I hope her dad has gotten out of her way. Apparently he has not.

Reactions: 5 people
First I want to say I think Annie has tremendous talent, and will get better in time there is no doubt. I have watch her ever since she was 7 years old play ball. The problem then and apparently is now as well is her dad, if she not playing where her dad wanted her to play. Katie bar the door because here he comes and everyone was going to get it. I seen it over and over with him. Going backwards, losing her confidence is not coming from the coach or team, it's coming from him putting to much pressure on her.

The first thing I thought of when I saw she committed to the Lady vols. Lord I hope her dad has gotten out of her way. Apparently he has not.

Was it just with her (since she's the oldest) or all the sisters? I mean if they all follow her as they said they would Holly & Co. could be dealing with him for a looooong time.

They were in a different age group , so I didn't watch or see them play but just a few times. From what I heard, it was the same thing. His girls are very talented young ladies there is no doubt. But it's all about them and team has always came second.

“Presnell said the allegations of bullying were merely the parents' response to their daughter being removed from the team. And he said the district launched a full investigation of the complaints.”

Why was she removed from the team?

I so much hate this. Anastasia Hayes can be a great player for the Lady Vols. Her sisters will fill her shoes if the father can calm down.

Which is it? The dad saying she lost her confidence playing for Holly, but the mom said Holly has been pushing Annie to contribute more and telling her she has her trust, but it was Annie that was in her own head. So which is it? Wasn’t it the Vandy game Holly sat Westbrook and let Hayes run the team the rest of the way. You can’t keep eveybody happy.

What I also found disturbing was one of our very own boarders here, agreeing with him on the post! Basically called into question Holly’s coaching when it came to Annie!

I can’t imagine being a coach these days. I’m a teacher and it’s bad enough. I’ve been teaching for 20 years and have seen the change. It’s not that the children have changed much, it is the parent. Most people who become coaches or teachers don’t do it so they can bully or be mean to kids. As I tell my own son when he complains about a teacher or coach at school, if you were doing everything you were suppose to, I’m sure she wouldn’t have had to say anything to you.

I can’t imagine being a coach these days. I’m a teacher and it’s bad enough. I’ve been teaching for 20 years and have seen the change. It’s not that the children have changed much, it is the parent. Most people who become coaches or teachers don’t do it so they can bully or be mean to kids. As I tell my own son when he complains about a teacher or coach at school, if you were doing everything you were suppose to, I’m sure she wouldn’t have had to say anything to you.

Agree.... I taught and coached for a few years and things are different now! I likened myself to a glorified baby sitter! 😁

Which is it? The dad saying she lost her confidence playing for Holly, but the mom said Holly has been pushing Annie to contribute more and telling her she has her trust, but it was Annie that was in her own head. So which is it? Wasn’t it the Vandy game Holly sat Westbrook and let Hayes run the team the rest of the way. You can’t keep eveybody happy.

I saw that! Pushing her to be more aggressive, take more shots, be vocal, and control her team.

What I also found disturbing was one of our very own boarders here, agreeing with him on the post! Basically called into question Holly’s coaching when it came to Annie!

Someone on HERE called Holly into question in the rant post? 👀👀👀. I didn’t notice that but I will go back and look.

Last edited:
I like that players hate to lose, but there is no player in D-I WCBB in the last 40 years who has finished her career without experiencing a few losses. They need to learn to deal with it and move on, and so do their parents without having a temper tantrum on social media. This is a necessary life skill, not just a basketball skill. In retrospect, I don't think our undefeated streak over mostly cupcakes was necessarily a good thing for this team, but hopefully the TAMU game was a wake up call.

I like that players hate to lose, but there is no player in D-I WCBB in the last 40 years who has finished her career without experiencing a few losses. They need to learn to deal with it and move on, and so do their parents without having a temper tantrum on social media. This is a necessary life skill, not just a basketball skill. In retrospect, I don't think our undefeated streak over mostly cupcakes was necessarily a good thing for this team, but hopefully the TAMU game was a wake up call.

I can agree with this post.. I think this schedule was challenging in the aspect that it did exposed the team to multiple different styles of play: Physical, fast paced, guard oriented, 5 players that can shoot the three, and also simulated the SEC tourney format.

I am interested to see how this team responds. SC’s point guard is playing very well and also have great posts. I also wonder if we will go with a bigger line up. Both teams want to get in transition and get theball inside. I hope Jamie’s outside shot continues to fall to loosen up the defense inside. I think this may b a game where we see more of Green.

VN Store

Back