Tesla Model S P85D Insane Mode

https://www.teslamotors.com/model3

tesla-model-3-unveiling-gray.jpg

My boss at my current job let me drive his Tesla Model S when I was in Indiana last fall. He took me out to lunch and when we were leaving said "wanna drive?" His version didn't have the "insane mode" but even then the acceleration when you stomped the pedal was something to behold.

Very fun to drive.

Still love them.

I was telling my girlfriend that the model 3 might be the most important car of our lifetime.

Completely agree. What do you think of the styling, Nerd? I see hints of the Panamera and a bit of Aston in the 3.

Most of the negatives I've seen are around the nose/lack of grille. It's a bold move, but I'm liking it. The car doesn't require the venting, so why not embrace and add a distinctive feature?

Completely agree. What do you think of the styling, Nerd? I see hints of the Panamera and a bit of Aston in the 3.

Most of the negatives I've seen are around the nose/lack of grille. It's a bold move, but I'm liking it. The car doesn't require the venting, so why not embrace and add a distinctive feature?

I like it. I don't mind the lack of a grill. I grew up in a old q45:

91infinitiq45.jpg

I think the car is sized like a 3 series. I'd take one over a 3 series, depending on what comes as standard.

Musk said he wants the market cap of Apple by 2025. To get there, he will have to sell 5-10 million cars per year. JP Morgan released a research report this morning calling for a 70% drop in TSLA share price

Reports are that Apple will build a Hydrogen car and a production goal of 2020.

Market cap surpassed Ford yesterday and they are closing in on GM. This is company valuation, not units sold, obviously. Still... this "niche" market isn't going away any time soon.

Meanwhile Apple scrapped their car plans over 6 months ago and reassigned all the people working on it to other projects.

Oh... and the gigafactory is getting ready to hire 2000 more workers as they ramp up battery production.

Last edited:
Not sure it matters much but I see a Tesla every day here in Atlanta, and not just the same one over and over. They have gotten pretty noticeable here. just going on what I see I would say they are between Audi and Ferrari as far as representation.

Not sure it matters much but I see a Tesla every day here in Atlanta, and not just the same one over and over. They have gotten pretty noticeable here. just going on what I see I would say they are between Audi and Ferrari as far as representation.

I've already seen a couple X's in Farragut. That's a pricey baby hauler.

hows 85, where the interstate collapsed

a friends Aston Martin DB9

Aston Martin DB9.jpg

That thing looks cool. I was wondering what they could do when the msrp didn’t matter.

I am getting really concerned with the way they treat their labor though.

Last edited:
Two die in Texas after Tesla 'on auto-pilot with no one in driving seat' crashes into tree and starts massive four-hour fire that took 32,000 GALLONS of water to extinguish

• The 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into tree in Carlton Woods at 11.25pm Saturday
Two men died after a Tesla 'on autopilot with no one driving' crashed into a tree in Houston before starting a huge fire that took 32,000 gallons of water to extinguish.

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside.

Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman said an investigation had found that 'no one was driving' when the accident happened, with one man sitting in the passenger seat at the front and the second sitting in the back.

41909824-9484391-The_fully_electric_2019_Tesla_Model_S_slammed_into_the_tree_in_C-m-52_1618761872163.jpg

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside

Fire fighters used 32,000 gallons of water over four hours to try to put out the flames because the car's batteries kept reigniting.

At one point, deputies had to call Tesla to ask them how to put out a fire in the battery.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is now investigating 23 crashes involving Tesla cars believed to be on Autopilot, the New York Times reported.

Two die after Tesla 'on auto-pilot with no one driving' crashes into a tree | Daily Mail Online

Two die in Texas after Tesla 'on auto-pilot with no one in driving seat' crashes into tree and starts massive four-hour fire that took 32,000 GALLONS of water to extinguish

• The 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into tree in Carlton Woods at 11.25pm Saturday
Two men died after a Tesla 'on autopilot with no one driving' crashed into a tree in Houston before starting a huge fire that took 32,000 gallons of water to extinguish.

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside.

Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman said an investigation had found that 'no one was driving' when the accident happened, with one man sitting in the passenger seat at the front and the second sitting in the back.

41909824-9484391-The_fully_electric_2019_Tesla_Model_S_slammed_into_the_tree_in_C-m-52_1618761872163.jpg

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside

Fire fighters used 32,000 gallons of water over four hours to try to put out the flames because the car's batteries kept reigniting.

At one point, deputies had to call Tesla to ask them how to put out a fire in the battery.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is now investigating 23 crashes involving Tesla cars believed to be on Autopilot, the New York Times reported.

Two die after Tesla 'on auto-pilot with no one driving' crashes into a tree | Daily Mail Online
People are so stupid.

BMW is just down the road and the turnover there is ridiculous. A few people love it but the vast majority hate it. They use to directly hire people but now they do a lot of hiring through a temp agency. Same can be said for most of their suppliers in the area.

VN Store

Back