Tesla Model S P85D Insane Mode

Their earnings call last night was the worst I've heard since 2009. Musk was tweeting about his rocket during the CC. This gigafactory is starting to sound like the spruce-goose. $200 stock and they werent even close to profitable. Plus they are running out of cash.

Last edited:
Could be another DeLorean. Earnings not good. JP Morgan downgrades. Musk said they had "one-time manufacturing inefficiencies". We'll see.

Their earnings call last night was the worst I've heard since 2009. Musk was tweeting about his rocket during the CC. This gigafactory is starting to sound like the spruce-goose. $200 stock and they werent even close to profitable. Plus they are running out of cash.

Are you rooting against them or something?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow this makes even less sense to me. A battery for my house? Is there some sort of problem with Southern Company providing me electricity?

I don't know that is, but I'd love to tell my electric company to take a hike.

I'm just intrigued by it, that's all.

It's going to take electricity to charge the thing. So I'm not sure what the point is besides it being a backup generator. Maybe if you live off the grid and have solar panels but that's a big investment

People seem to forget that batteries don't create power. They just hold power from a source before it is dispensed.

Rooting against? No. Just pumping the breaks on the hype. The CEO is trying to tell us that they will build 10 million cars by 2025. It's a niche car company and that's about it.

Rumors on Wall Street that Apple will build a car.

Tesla's goal is to have a $35k model out in a few years. If people were willing to pay that for a top package Prius then my guess is they will pay bit for a Tesla.

I doubt we ever see an Apple manufactured car on the market. They can't even get their rumored TV out of R&D and that's much closer to the core business.

That's nice they will someday make a 35k car, but good luck selling 10 million of them every year when they can't even open up showrooms. How many people are going to buy a $35k car online, sight unseen or test driven? Apple is currently being sued for poaching top talent at battery and auto manufacturers. Musk is busy tweeting about his rocket while 10,000 people sit on a conference call waiting for him. Not really sure where his priorities are

That's nice they will someday make a 35k car, but good luck selling 10 million of them every year when they can't even open up showrooms. How many people are going to buy a $35k car online, sight unseen or test driven? Apple is currently being sued for poaching top talent at battery and auto manufacturers. Musk is busy tweeting about his rocket while 10,000 people sit on a conference call waiting for him. Not really sure where his priorities are

10 million/year? Is that even a goal? The total US market last year was just over 16.5 million units sold (all makes and models).

10 million/year? Is that even a goal? The total US market last year was just over 16.5 million units sold (all makes and models).

I thought he meant they would sell 10 million since the company opened through 2025. If the meet or come close to that goal than it will be astounding for a startup car company.

I doubt Apple will ever make a car from top to bottom. The margins aren't there for them. There have been rumors about an Apple television for years and it's not happening.

Most likely they are expanding ios car integration.

Musk said he wants the market cap of Apple by 2025. To get there, he will have to sell 5-10 million cars per year. JP Morgan released a research report this morning calling for a 70% drop in TSLA share price

Reports are that Apple will build a Hydrogen car and a production goal of 2020.

Musk said he wants the market cap of Apple by 2025. To get there, he will have to sell 5-10 million cars per year. JP Morgan released a research report this morning calling for a 70% drop in TSLA share price

Reports are that Apple will build a Hydrogen car and a production goal of 2020.

dumb idea on the part of Apple, there is very little future to hydrogen fuel cell cars

dumb idea on the part of Apple, there is very little future to hydrogen fuel cell cars

You think that is way Toyota is releasing their patent rights. Maybe get the competition to waste time while they move on to other things?

You think that is way Toyota is releasing their patent rights. Maybe get the competition to waste time while they move on to other things?

The Honda FCX Clarity is, by all rights, a fine car, but you can't buy one, only leasing is possible, in Southern California. Even then, there are only two refueling sites, meaning you won't be driving one to Vegas.

The Model 3 has pre-orders of over 100k in just a few hours. This niche market is going nowhere.

VN Store

Back