Tennessee vs.North Carolina music city bowl

I think this year's bowl matchups prove just how much the BCS sucks.

Theoretically, Va Tech (who lost to Boise St. and JMU) or Florida State could end up playing a 7-5 Pittsburgh squad in the Orange Bowl.

I think it's funny that Tech has two losses, including one to Boise State, yet will make a BCS bowl and Boise will likely end up in a weak bowl. I'm in no way a BSU fan, to clarify.

The Big East needs to lose its automatic bid. The whole conference is consistently garbage.

i have to say also.....boise in the "fight hunger" bowl? i dont think they deserved to go to the nc game if undefeated but this is a kick in the nuts. ha i wonder if they would take it?

I want to get tickets ASAP. Can ANYBODY tell me if the SEC is home or visitor this year? It makes a difference as to where I get my seats. HELP please!

Per stub hub sec is visitor u can get tix now from there and eBay I have seasons so I will get application when bowls are officially selected
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wish we woulda kept that series with UNC... not only because its embarassing to run from a basketball school, but i think that could be a great rivalry... another good border when when we have no real instate rival. and they always battle it out in recruiting. oh well. maybe hammy will learn from his mistakes at some point...but probably not

In history we have played North Carolina almost as many times as we have florida....We have played Florida 39 times and UNC 31 times....I agree it would be a fun rivalry to renew...Very bummed UT canceled that series with them :no:

Don't think it matters all that much who we play or if we win or lose. The practices will be huge for us to get some more growth for next year.

UGA going to the Liberty. Its in the local paper (Georgia) today per Mark Richt!!!

boys from North Carolina. I am sick and tired of them acting like our coaches and players were scared to play them, it had nothing to do with them. Our history of playing tough schedules makes their comments crazy, and do they think they have been some kind of football power or something. Win or Lose I want to play them cause we sure as heck aren't scared! GO BIG ORANGE!

It sound like this game is beginning to pick up steam and I think it would be a great game. UNC played like crap towards the end of the year, besides the FSU win. I think they had some injuries to important players like Bruce Carter (All American Linebacker) and Johnny White, their first or second team running back. They played pretty well on the road this year going 4-2 and losing an extremely close game to LSU, then getting hammered at Miami. Their QB is putting up bigtime numbers and they have 2 future NFL wr's in Dwight Jones from Tennessee and Jhermaine Boyd. I'm not sure if Boyd is hurt because I haven't heard his name in awhile.

We didn't drop UNC because we were scared to play them, we dropped them because our future schedules are a nightmare and Hamilton made a very smart decision. It would have been a horrible idea to play Florida and UNC back to back in road games next year, so early in the season. Also, UNC fans travel VERY well, they had more fans in Atlanta than LSU, but they also have a lot of alums in Atlanta. Nashville is 7.5 hours from Chapel Hill and they have less alums in the Nashville area, so if we play they won't have as many fans at this game, especially since we are the home state team.

Last edited:
I agree that this would be a great game for us.

However, I'm not sure that UT "being scared of UNC" and "UT having too tough a schedule to play UNC" are mutually exclusive. Whether it was the right decision or not, Hamilton put his tail between his legs and ran from that game in order to puff up our W/L record -- if that ain't running scared, I'm not sure what is.

I'm not going to comment further on our future scheduling, I have extremely strong feelings toward it and so do others. This thread is about the Music City Bowl and whooping our opponent's butt, whoever that may be. Hopefully it's the University of No Class.

I want to get tickets ASAP. Can ANYBODY tell me if the SEC is home or visitor this year? It makes a difference as to where I get my seats. HELP please!
SEC will be on the East side. Shoot me your email address and I will have someone send you ticket package information that is offered through the Bowl and not Ticketmaster. One of them offers a killer Pre-game tailgate invite on the General Jackson.

Doc

I'm not going to comment further on our future scheduling, I have extremely strong feelings toward it and so do others. This thread is about the Music City Bowl and whooping our opponent's butt, whoever that may be. Hopefully it's the University of No Class.

Jealousy. :birgits_giggle: Whoever it is I hope we get the W, and keep the momentum going into the next year.

Talked to someone well connected in the ACC Corporate office in Greensboro an hour ago who is a family friend. He said nothing has been decided, but as of right now UNC is "most likely" headed to Nashville.

If we play the Heels I will be in attendance. No way I miss us beat those clowns. I hate them with a passion.

If we are paired with them, all of you can expect an open letter from me about UNC very similar to Hat's Auburn letter.

If we play the Heels I will be in attendance. No way I miss us beat those clowns. I hate them with a passion.

If we are paired with them, all of you can expect an open letter from me about UNC very similar to Hat's Auburn letter.

Can I get an Amen!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back