Tennessee Volunteers European Trip

No mention of Admiral Schofield. That worries me :(. But Derrick Walker is looking like he might have been a gem prospect. 13 pts 10 rebounds is really solid for his first outing imo.

I wouldn't be worried. We know what AS can do.

Most Admirals do their best work overseas, so I'm expecting good news about him from the two upcoming games in Europe.

Reactions: 1 person
When's the next game?

From UTSports.com:
Tennessee's three opponents in Europe are the Catalan All-Stars (Aug. 4), the Valencia All-Stars (Aug. 7) and the Paris All-Stars (Aug. 10).

So, some time on Monday.

From UTSports.com:
Tennessee's three opponents in Europe are the Catalan All-Stars (Aug. 4), the Valencia All-Stars (Aug. 7) and the Paris All-Stars (Aug. 10).

So, some time on Monday.

Thanks i2 and Thunder. It would be nice if we could get a stream of the last 2 games or at least a replay.

Thanks i2 and Thunder. It would be nice if we could get a stream of the last 2 games or at least a replay.

I'd like to see it too, but UT-C beat TN decisively in last year's opener. I'd rather keep the game "film" hidden from our early opponents if possible.

Butler plays the Valencia All-Stars on their trip as well, so should give us a little bit of an idea as to what kind of team they are. Of course we are playing without probably 2 of our starters and 2 role players, but will at least give us a little perspective.

Reactions: 1 person
"True freshman wing Yves Pons made his debut for the Big Orange when he started the third quarter. He saw extensive action throughout the second half"

Walker might give us a little more than I previously thought, makes the possibility of Kent red shirting that much more likely.

Also that's 2 games which Turner has been a serious threat from 3, if he's developed a consistent perimeter shot he also will play more than I was thinking.

Starters at the 3,4,5 were Schofield Walker and Williams. That group may not scare teams in terms of shot blocking. But with unnoticed/incidental contact like hip checks, forearms to the chest and proper block outs I really like that combo. Especially if Admiral can stretch the floor more consistently this yr.

Very trivial of me, but Lamonte, the new haircut is much more on point than your 2016-17 version. Maybe it made you a better shooter too. Whatever works.

Starters at the 3,4,5 were Schofield Walker and Williams. That group may not scare teams in terms of shot blocking. But with unnoticed/incidental contact like hip checks, forearms to the chest and proper block outs I really like that combo. Especially if Admiral can stretch the floor more consistently this yr.

Walker will block a lot of shots. He is explosive and has very good size.

Admiral is no doubt a threat on the perimeter. I used to think that he was more of a wanna be guy on the outside that needed to be on the inside to add value. He is actually a legit borderline all-SEC player at the 3. Fortunately or unfortunately, TN is now kind of crowded at the 3 with Johnson, Bowden, and Pons. Maybe Bowden plays a lot at the 2, but that's also a crowded spot with Daniel, Turner, and possibly Bone and Johnson. You almost have to put Schofield at the 4 some to spread around some minutes to those guys I've mentioned.

VN Store

Back