Tennessee Volunteers European Trip

Darrington can go either way. He had about 10 games last season of 30+ points. One was 45 and shot almost 70%.
He's also capable of 20+ and double digit assists.
Versatile guy.

He was a combo guard in JUCO. I think he'll nearly be exclusively a PG at UT and score less. Glad he can light it up and will draw the attention of defenses.

He was a combo guard in JUCO. I think he'll nearly be exclusively a PG at UT and score less. Glad he can light it up and will draw the attention of defenses.

Yes and apparently he is he already the vocal leader of this team on the floor. I'm pumped for football, but I may be more pumped for basketball, now

Yes and apparently he is he already the vocal leader of this team on the floor. I'm pumped for football, but I may be more pumped for basketball, now

The football team has kinda let me down my whole life. I prolly love UT football more than basketball, but I look forward to basketball more. The basketball team has atleast went above and beyond pre-season expectations in my lifetime. The worst one was Ainges sophomore year. That was crappy year.

I also get way more pissed off about a UT football game than anything else in life. Obviously my hierarchy of priorities are in order 😂

The football team has kinda let me down my whole life. I prolly love UT football more than basketball, but I look forward to basketball more. The basketball team has atleast went above and beyond pre-season expectations in my lifetime. The worst one was Ainges sophomore year. That was crappy year.

I also get way more pissed off about a UT football game than anything else in life. Obviously my hierarchy of priorities are in order 😂

I do too, man. It used to ruin my whole weekend when they lost in the 90s. Hate to admit it, but lately I've gotten used to it. Hopefully, they both will exceed expectations this year

Reactions: 1 person
If he's got more than 2 guys that can fill the basket, i think Barnes would more than likely go the 2 lead guard route than traditional PG.
he's recruited exactly what he needs to do that and I also think they're better prepared to run this season.
Going to be a fun year if we have no significant injuries.

Knock on wood.

I've said it before. I hope we can go full on Paul Westhead style this year. The Darrington/Daniel Double D offense might allow it. With freshmen Bone/Turner/Parker running the offense and little guys in the paint not initiating fast breaks it never really was possible a year ago. Johnson and Walker look great running the floor. Bowden probably will be better with experienced PGs and he can run. I bet Pons runs the floor very well too. Fulkerson ran. Actually the two best players might look the least comfortable racing up and down the court... Admiral and Grant. But Williams has slimmed down. Alexander was good at running the court, but bad at catching passes.

I do too, man. It used to ruin my whole weekend when they lost in the 90s. Hate to admit it, but lately I've gotten used to it. Hopefully, they both will exceed expectations this year

I found out that growing up in the era of Tennessee football, from 97 till now, made me desensitized to heartbreak. I realized this after my first girl friend in high school of 3 years dumped me. You know that first one that's "the one". Yea, all I could think of afterwards is this hurts significantly less then watching UT go 5-7 three years in a row 😂

Reactions: 1 person
How do you mis-diagnose a bone chip as a high ankle sprain? Hope he's healthy and it rains buckets all season.

Bad angle on the xray probably. Had that happen to me. Nothing obvious in the first xray, found the break when I came out of the boot and there was still too much pain for a sprain.

Bump: Has there been any articles or discussion on the quality of the Vols opponents in Europe. 3 wins there with all the distractions is pretty impressive IMO despite the competition but I would like to get a gage on the level.

VN Store

Back